R.E.D. Optimus Primal and Reformatting Megatron on Hasbro Pulse

Zobovor

Jul 23, 2021, 7:50:14 PM7/23/21
There are two new Transformers R.E.D. figures. One is everybody's favorite Maximal leader, Optimus Primal:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers/products/transformers-r-e-d-robot-enhanced-design-optimus-primal

The other is G1 Megatron, representing the scene from The Transformers: the Movie in which he's recreated into Galvatron by Unicron:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers/products/transformers-r-e-d-robot-enhanced-design-reformatting-megatron

After Beast Machines came out, fans started using the term "reformatted" to describe any time a Transformer gets a new body, even though it had a much more narrow definition (Maximals who were transformed into technorganic forms by the Oracle). Well, with this release, Hasbro's finally made it canonical that Unicron "reformats" Decepticons into new forms. Which I still maintain is not correct.

Zob (however, Galvagun is an official term that I require everyone to embrace)