Call of the Primitives

Travoltron

May 30, 2011, 2:59:04 AM5/30/11
Do any of you guys remember where the claim first originated that Call
of the Primitives was animated by Tokyo Movie Shinsha and not Toei?

I've seen some Japanese websites that claim Masami Obari was the
animation director for that episode. He worked on Machine Robo and did
scenes like the one here @ 1:30: http://youtu.be/7F_lBRb5wZU

TigerMegatron

May 30, 2011, 3:03:50 AM5/30/11

I honestly don't get that into my TF cartoons. I could care less who
works on each episode behind the scenes.

I don't have to know every single micro detail regarding everything
transformers. I'm not in TF trivia competition with fellow TF fans.

I could care less what coffee cup color spike used in the 4th season 3
episode.

Gustavo Wombat

May 30, 2011, 3:10:21 AM5/30/11
On May 30, 12:03 am, TigerMegatron <TigerMegat...@aol.com> wrote:
> On May 30, 2:59 am, Travoltron <travolt...@defender.uni> wrote:
>
> > Do any of you guys remember where the claim first originated that Call
> > of the Primitives was animated by Tokyo Movie Shinsha and not Toei?
>
> > I've seen some Japanese websites that claim Masami Obari was the
> > animation director for that episode.  He worked on Machine Robo and did
> > scenes like the one here @ 1:30:http://youtu.be/7F_lBRb5wZU
>
> I honestly don't get that into my TF cartoons. I could care less who
> works on each episode behind the scenes.
>
> I don't have to know every single micro detail regarding everything
> transformers. I'm not in TF  trivia competition with fellow TF fans.

Zob will know.

> I could care less what coffee cup color spike used in the 4th season 3
> episode.

That was a ZobTrivia question, I believe, from back when he did trivia
questions. It was a trick question, since Spike did not drink coffee.

I have no idea why Deathy replied having absolutely no information, or
why I replied to his reply.

Chad Rushing

May 30, 2011, 4:21:37 AM5/30/11
On May 30, 2:10 am, Gustavo Wombat <GustavoWom...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have no idea why Deathy replied having absolutely no information, or
> why I replied to his reply.

Conditioned reflexes?

- Chad

Zobovor

May 30, 2011, 8:33:28 AM5/30/11
On May 30, 12:59 am, Travoltron <travolt...@defender.uni> wrote:

> Do any of you guys remember where the claim first originated that Call
> of the Primitives was animated by Tokyo Movie Shinsha and not Toei?

As best as I can recall, it was because the web site for TMS listed a
single episode of the G1 cartoon among their accomplishments, and it
made sense for "Call of the Primitives" to be that episode since it
was so distinctly different in style from all the other G1 episodes.
(I would love to know the names of the other animation houses that
worked on the show, since there were clearly more studios involved
than just Toei and AKOM.)

Zob

Travoltron

May 30, 2011, 4:56:52 PM5/30/11
On 5/30/2011 5:33 AM, Zobovor wrote:

> As best as I can recall, it was because the web site for TMS listed a
> single episode of the G1 cartoon among their accomplishments, and it
> made sense for "Call of the Primitives" to be that episode since it
> was so distinctly different in style from all the other G1 episodes.
> (I would love to know the names of the other animation houses that
> worked on the show, since there were clearly more studios involved
> than just Toei and AKOM.)

I can't find any info on TMS's site. I can't even find Duck Tales and
Batman on there, and I know for a fact they worked on those shows.

I did find this intriguing comment by Chris McFeely on TFwiki:
"Once upon a time, so very many moons ago, I remember Rik Bakke posting
a scan of the animation production schedule for the third season on ATT.
That, as I recall, (I hope I recall right) had TMS labelled as the
animators of "Primitives." After googling for like twenty minutes,
though, I can't find the bloody thing."

Zobovor

May 30, 2011, 9:45:25 PM5/30/11
On May 30, 2:56 pm, Travoltron <travolt...@defender.uni> wrote:

> I can't find any info on TMS's site.  I can't even find Duck Tales and
> Batman on there, and I know for a fact they worked on those shows.

Hmm. It may have been a third-party site that I remember seeing,
then, or perhaps they've since revamped their web site and no longer
have that information posted. It's one of those things that seems to
be generally accepted as fact within the fandom, but I wish I knew for
sure where the information originated from. Maybe somebody watched
"Call of the Primitives" and went, "Hey, that reminds me a little of
Mighty Orbots" and just assumed. <shrug>

> I did find this intriguing comment by Chris McFeely on TFwiki:
> "Once upon a time, so very many moons ago, I remember Rik Bakke posting
> a scan of the animation production schedule for the third season on ATT.

Rik and I were very good friends for a long time so I would have known
if he had something like that. I know that he attempted to identify
the individual animation studios on his web site based on the
illustrating style of each episode. If there is an animation
production schedule out there somewhere, I've never seen it.

Zob