Gen Selects Toy deco Galvatron

Irrellius Spamticon

Jul 6, 2021, 10:34:37 AM7/6/21
So here it is, though I don't know who asked
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-selects-toy-deco-galvatron-revealed/46088/

Not terrible but it's just too late to come after the other Galvatron

Zobovor

Jul 6, 2021, 8:15:27 PM7/6/21
It's a logical redeco for that mold. Really, just about the only thing they can realistically do to sell it again (though I read somewhere they might try to sell it again as Straxus).

I like it. When it comes to some characters, the toy colors and the animation colors are slightly different, but probably not different enough to warrant a separate redeco. But when it comes to Galvatron, the difference is extreme. I find the toy color scheme to be very appealing, for very different reasons than the cartoon-based Kingdom toy.

Galvatron wasn't the best G1 toy, but he was one of my favorites to play with. He wasn't fragile like Megatron was. You could actually grab him and twist and turn and transform him without worrying about breaking him.

Zob (I might not put the stickers on him, though... they're cool, but they're kind of tacky at the same time)

David Connell

Jul 25, 2021, 11:47:32 AM7/25/21
Not for me - this was the version I was waiting for.

TR Galvatron fills my "Crazy Purple Leader Guy" slot just fine, so I had no interest whatsoever in the regular retail version. Not to mention my ever-growing dislike of show accuracy. But a toy/comic inspired version? Yes, please!

Travoltron

Jul 28, 2021, 11:16:43 AM7/28/21
-
If he had the "crown" head from the toy I'd probably shell out for it.
But not as is.