Surprise Generations Toys in Walmart's Computer

11 views
Skip to first unread message

Zobovor

unread,
Jan 7, 2011, 10:14:11 PM1/7/11
to
I was poking around in the computer listings, as I do from time to
time, and I stumbled onto a listing for a very exciting prospect.

The current Generations assortment looks like this:

TRA GEN THUNDERWING 65356955827
TRA GEN SKULLGRIN 65356955828
TRA GEN CLIFFJUMPER 65356955831

With me so far? Okay. Next comes a couple of toys that we all know
are coming:

TRA GENERATN SCOURG 65356956584
TRA GEN SERGEANT KU 65356956585

These three were interesting to me:

TRA GEN OPTIMS PRIM 6535695644
TRA GENRTN BUMBLEBE 65356956645
TRA GEN STARSCREAM

That's G2 Laser Optimus Prime, of course, but I didn't know anything
about getting another Bumblebee toy. That's a different UPC than his
current Cybertronian incarnation, so it's not that. Maybe you guys
knew about this already, but it's news to me. (I'm guessing it's a
redeco of the Classics toy. Something tells me it will have those
obnoxious black movie-style racing stripes.) Also—another
Starscream? Surely it's not another Classics redux. Maybe a
Cybertronian version?

These have been listed on Big Bad Toy Store for a little while:

TRA GEN THUNDRCRACK 65356958291
TRA GENRTN WHEELJAC 65356958290

Okay, enough teasing. Here's where it gets exciting:

TRA GENERATN WARPAT 65356959009

A new Warpath toy? OH RLY? And it's not a Legends toy?
Eeeenteresting. This could be very cool. But not nearly as cool
as...

TRA GENERATION ARCE 65356956651

This may finally, possibly, hopefully, at long last be THE pink Arcee
that turns into a car that we've all been waiting for since 1986. I
know nothing else about it except for the fact that since it's at the
end of the list of toys solicited by Hasbro, it will probably be one
of the very last ones to show up. Here's hoping she's not one of
those ridiculously-hard-to-find tail-enders (SEE: Robots in Disguise
Storm Jet; SEE ALSO: Energon Ultra Magnus).

I'm so excited!


Zobovor, found some listings in the system for Cars 2 toys, too.

...Also Known As Thunder

unread,
Jan 7, 2011, 11:14:22 PM1/7/11
to
Zobovor wrote:

> TRA GENERATN WARPAT 65356959009
> TRA GENERATION ARCE 65356956651


I hope they're what you (and I) think they are. A kick-ass new Warpath
and G1 Arcee would be awesome! :D

t.k.

MegaTigatron

unread,
Jan 7, 2011, 11:19:29 PM1/7/11
to

Zobovor wrote:
> I was poking around in the computer listings, as I do from time to
> time, and I stumbled onto a listing for a very exciting prospect.
>
> The current Generations assortment looks like this:
>
> TRA GEN THUNDERWING 65356955827
> TRA GEN SKULLGRIN 65356955828
> TRA GEN CLIFFJUMPER 65356955831
>
> With me so far? Okay. Next comes a couple of toys that we all know
> are coming:
>
> TRA GENERATN SCOURG 65356956584
> TRA GEN SERGEANT KU 65356956585
>
> These three were interesting to me:
>
> TRA GEN OPTIMS PRIM 6535695644
> TRA GENRTN BUMBLEBE 65356956645
> TRA GEN STARSCREAM
>
> That's G2 Laser Optimus Prime, of course, but I didn't know anything
> about getting another Bumblebee toy. That's a different UPC than his
> current Cybertronian incarnation, so it's not that. Maybe you guys
> knew about this already, but it's news to me. (I'm guessing it's a
> redeco of the Classics toy. Something tells me it will have those
> obnoxious black movie-style racing stripes.)

I've seen images of this Bumblebee in package and you're exactly
right. The black stripes are obnoxious. They are a lot wider than the
ones on the Walmart Bumblebee redeco from the Movie/Classics/Animated
3-pack.

Also—another
> Starscream? Surely it's not another Classics redux. Maybe a
> Cybertronian version?
>
> These have been listed on Big Bad Toy Store for a little while:
>
> TRA GEN THUNDRCRACK 65356958291
> TRA GENRTN WHEELJAC 65356958290
>
> Okay, enough teasing. Here's where it gets exciting:
>
> TRA GENERATN WARPAT 65356959009
>
> A new Warpath toy? OH RLY? And it's not a Legends toy?

I've been looking forward to a new Warpath!
The legends version was ok but the tank mode is too similar to Armada
Megatron. Have you read the "Rodimus vs Cyclonus" comic from the
Battle in Space set? Warpath appears in a background scene along with
the upcoming versions of Rumble & Frenzy. The design looks very
similar to the G1 animation but it's hard to tell how accurate that is
with Boo's art.

> Eeeenteresting. This could be very cool. But not nearly as cool
> as...
>
> TRA GENERATION ARCE 65356956651
>
> This may finally, possibly, hopefully, at long last be THE pink Arcee
> that turns into a car that we've all been waiting for since 1986. I
> know nothing else about it except for the fact that since it's at the
> end of the list of toys solicited by Hasbro, it will probably be one
> of the very last ones to show up. Here's hoping she's not one of
> those ridiculously-hard-to-find tail-enders (SEE: Robots in Disguise
> Storm Jet; SEE ALSO: Energon Ultra Magnus).
>

I think we'll hear more about these releases next month at Toy Fair.

> I'm so excited!

Me too! Thanks for passing on the info.

TigerMegatron

unread,
Jan 7, 2011, 11:26:26 PM1/7/11
to
On Jan 7, 11:14 pm, "...Also Known As Thunder" <decep...@shaw.ca>
wrote:

Zob,thanks for the info.

hopefully if their are new molds of generations arcee & warpath they
look as cool as the titanium 6 inch cancelled toy designs.

As for the generations starscream,I'm hoping for a ghost starscream
version but won't hold my breath.

William Rendfeld

unread,
Jan 8, 2011, 12:09:43 AM1/8/11
to
On Jan 7, 11:14 pm, "...Also Known As Thunder" <decep...@shaw.ca>
wrote:

Agreed. I doubt I'll get Arcee, but I'll definitely be chasing down
Warpath. Been wanting a new toy of him for years now.

Agent X

unread,
Jan 8, 2011, 2:34:36 AM1/8/11
to

Man, now just give me a new Springer and I'll be all kinds of happy
camper.

Uriel Ventris

unread,
Jan 8, 2011, 5:45:10 AM1/8/11
to
Not gonna get in trouble over this, are you Zob? I know that some
companies are pretty big on the entire "secrecy" thing.

Don't care much about Arcee, but a new Warpath should be interesting.
Maybe it'll be another Minibot being turned into an Ultra Class
Transformer.

Zobovor

unread,
Jan 8, 2011, 8:41:18 AM1/8/11
to
On Jan 8, 3:45 am, Uriel Ventris <uv.ultramar...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Not gonna get in trouble over this, are you Zob?

To stop me, they have to catch me first! </powerglide>


Zob

robo_rob

unread,
Jan 8, 2011, 10:18:46 AM1/8/11
to
Wow, wonder how this slipped past our attention so far. Wonder if
Arcee would be from Prime? I'm still in the belief that the Prime toys
will be sold under the existing banners and not a new one.

Kishin

unread,
Jan 8, 2011, 11:10:58 AM1/8/11
to

I was just going to say that this story had made TFW2005.com, but when I
looked, I saw they were quoting Zob!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/generations-arcee-and-warpath-listed-171232/

--

Kishin

Craig Little

unread,
Jan 9, 2011, 2:31:45 AM1/9/11
to
On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 02:45:10 -0800, Uriel Ventris wrote:

> but a new Warpath should be interesting.
> Maybe it'll be another Minibot being turned into an Ultra Class
> Transformer.

He's (seemingly) Generations. That means he will be a Deluxe. Which,
incidentally is my favorite scale. I'm just hoping it doesn't turn out to
be a recolor of Movie Brawl. HE needs his chest cannon!
--
Craig (Bang! Wazoom!)

Uriel Ventris

unread,
Jan 9, 2011, 12:30:46 PM1/9/11
to

"Generations" is WfC, isn't it? I don't remember what Warpath looked
like in the game, but I'm pretty sure he was different from Brawl.

Craig Little

unread,
Jan 9, 2011, 12:57:32 PM1/9/11
to


It's not just WFC. Though all the WFC toys have been released under the
Generations banner, there have been some toys in that banner that are not
WFC (notably Drift & Blurr)
--
Craig (And I believe a couple Decepticons also)

Gustavo Wombat

unread,
Jan 9, 2011, 3:03:36 PM1/9/11
to
On Jan 7, 7:14 pm, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
> I was poking around in the computer listings, as I do from time to
> time, and I stumbled onto a listing for a very exciting prospect.
>
> The current Generations assortment looks like this:
>
> TRA GEN THUNDERWING 65356955827
> TRA GEN SKULLGRIN 65356955828
> TRA GEN CLIFFJUMPER 65356955831
>
> With me so far?  Okay.  Next comes a couple of toys that we all know
> are coming:
>
> TRA GENERATN SCOURG 65356956584
> TRA GEN SERGEANT KU 65356956585

I thought these guys were Reveal the Shield. Since my local stores
have been very, very spotty with Generations, I guess I should just
preorder them online and be done with it.

> These three were interesting to me:
>
> TRA GEN OPTIMS PRIM 6535695644
> TRA GENRTN BUMBLEBE 65356956645
> TRA GEN STARSCREAM
>
> That's G2 Laser Optimus Prime, of course, but I didn't know anything
> about getting another Bumblebee toy.  That's a different UPC than his
> current Cybertronian incarnation, so it's not that.  Maybe you guys
> knew about this already, but it's news to me.  (I'm guessing it's a
> redeco of the Classics toy.  Something tells me it will have those
> obnoxious black movie-style racing stripes.)  Also—another
> Starscream?  Surely it's not another Classics redux.  Maybe a
> Cybertronian version?

After the Cybertron Voyager Starscream mold, is there really any need
for a new Cybertronian Seeker mold? That mold is nearly perfection. Of
course, I would say the same thing about Laser Optimus Prime...

Perhaps it is a Ghost Starscream, based on the Classics Seeker mold.
There have been countless Ghost Starscreams released in Japan, and
none here, so someone might have decided to give it a try here.


> These have been listed on Big Bad Toy Store for a little while:
>
> TRA GEN THUNDRCRACK 65356958291
> TRA GENRTN WHEELJAC 65356958290
>
> Okay, enough teasing.  Here's where it gets exciting:
>
> TRA GENERATN WARPAT 65356959009
>
> A new Warpath toy?  OH RLY?  And it's not a Legends toy?
> Eeeenteresting.  This could be very cool.  But not nearly as cool
> as...
>
> TRA GENERATION ARCE 65356956651
>
> This may finally, possibly, hopefully, at long last be THE pink Arcee
> that turns into a car that we've all been waiting for since 1986.  I
> know nothing else about it except for the fact that since it's at the
> end of the list of toys solicited by Hasbro, it will probably be one
> of the very last ones to show up.  Here's hoping she's not one of
> those ridiculously-hard-to-find tail-enders (SEE: Robots in Disguise
> Storm Jet; SEE ALSO: Energon Ultra Magnus).

Energon Ultra Magnus was a ridiculously hard to find front-ender. TM2
Black Arachnia might be a better example.

Thylacine 2000

unread,
Jan 9, 2011, 11:50:51 PM1/9/11
to
On Jan 7, 10:14 pm, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

> TRA GENERATION ARCE 65356956651
>
> This may finally, possibly, hopefully, at long last be THE pink Arcee
> that turns into a car that we've all been waiting for since 1986.  I
> know nothing else about it except for the fact that since it's at the
> end of the list of toys solicited by Hasbro, it will probably be one
> of the very last ones to show up.  Here's hoping she's not one of
> those ridiculously-hard-to-find tail-enders

Thanks, Zob! It's great that after all these years ATT can still get
the occasional news scoop.

Do we really know that list order corresponds to release order?
Because if she really is one of the last out... it would seem like
she'd be the MOST prone to being tail-ended into release limbo,
forcing fans to buy the ~$40 Japanese version. Then again, Hasbro may
have learned the lesson of Animated Arcee and really bolted her
release into place.

Note that the instruction sheets for Thunderwing and Scourge give
sneak-peak depictions of their retools as Black Shadow and Senator
Ratbat, neither of whom have been officially mentioned or solicited at
all... so there may even be a wave to come after what you list here.
Here's hoping it has a slot for RID Scourge too.

Onslaught Six

unread,
Jan 10, 2011, 12:04:38 PM1/10/11
to
On Jan 7, 10:14 pm, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

> TRA GEN OPTIMS PRIM 6535695644
> TRA GENRTN BUMBLEBE 65356956645
> TRA GEN STARSCREAM
>
> That's G2 Laser Optimus Prime, of course, but I didn't know anything
> about getting another Bumblebee toy.  That's a different UPC than his
> current Cybertronian incarnation, so it's not that.  Maybe you guys
> knew about this already, but it's news to me.  (I'm guessing it's a
> redeco of the Classics toy.  Something tells me it will have those
> obnoxious black movie-style racing stripes.)  Also—another
> Starscream?  Surely it's not another Classics redux.  Maybe a
> Cybertronian version?

Maybe. We'll see. Maybe it 'is' another Classics repaint.

Bumblebee we've seen. He is indeed a Classics 'Bee repaint with Movie-
style stripes. Again! I didn't get the last one though, and I don't
own this guy, so I'm nabbing him.

> TRA GENERATN WARPAT 65356959009
>
> A new Warpath toy?  OH RLY?  And it's not a Legends toy?
> Eeeenteresting.  This could be very cool.  But not nearly as cool
> as...

He could be a repaint or a remould of somebody else. Maybe *that's*
the Kup remould.

> TRA GENERATION ARCE 65356956651
>
> This may finally, possibly, hopefully, at long last be THE pink Arcee
> that turns into a car that we've all been waiting for since 1986.

Every single person except me.

I don't want this toy.

I don't like Arcee.

I don't like Arcee especially when she's a boring car like everybody
else.

Motorcycle Arcee was the best thing that ever happened.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages