[HUMOR] ATT History Trivia

Thylacine 2000

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell you
you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about trivia
questions.

Hey--your chocolate is in my peanut butter! No--my peanut butter is in
your chocolate! Two great tastes that taste great together!
Ahem--excuse me. Anyway, what I've done is cobble together some
questions designed to test your knowledge of ATT minutiae, past and
present.

Some of these questions are quite straightforward. Others are more or
less impossible. However, I promise you that *all* of them deal only
with subject matter that was addressed publically on ATT--so
theoretically everybody *can* know everything.

*USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*

Finally, I apologize beforehand if anybody feels slighted by any of
these questions. It's not like I'm ignoring anybody. I write down
whatever questions I happen to think of, that's all. It's just for fun,
ladies and gentlemen, that's all....

PART 1: TransFans

1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
Fuzors?

2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
satirized?

4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
from the episode.

4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
toys?

6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

9b) ....from Australia.

9c) ....from New Zealand.

9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
see it, everybody else could too....):

<Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

<Easy> Finback

<Intermediate> Picard42

<Hard> Raksha

<Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

<Near-Impossible> Tengu

10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
and about what?

14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
use?

16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
actually "Death Czarus"?

18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

19a) What does 3H stand for?

19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
her to choose the latter name?

21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

21b) ....Alex______

22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
the group in the first place?

23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
bird?

24) Who was the "god trader"?

25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

25e) ....from Rammstein?

25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

26b) ....of a talking dog?

26c) ....of a mermaid?

26d) ....of an earwig?

26e) ....of Wheeljack?

26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?

26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

*DISHONORABLE MENTION*:

27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

27b) What's his real name?

PART TWO: Discussions

1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
would end after season 3?

2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
*twice* in the past chronological year.

3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
criticizing War Planets?

4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
quote?

6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

6b) Who participated?

7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
last calendar year?

7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

9b) Which was the largest?

10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

10d) When was the last time they did so?

11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

TTT, was bored today....

--

T T T

Random Cartoon Quote of the Day (from memory!):

"Heh! You're so weird!"
"You have no idea."
--Simba and Scar, "The Lion King"

ViceGripX

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
Thylacine 2000 wrote...

>Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell you
>you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about trivia
>questions.

Ya know, I just discovered I don't know as much as I thought I did :(

>*USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*

Crap!

>PART 1: TransFans
>
>1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
>Fuzors?

Tengu?

>3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
>satirized?

Dinobot

>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Hooks, Scylla, Joona, Tengu, Darcerin, and uhh, two others :)

>6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Me (well the toy department at any rate), Zobovor, and Ari X

>9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

MG Dinobot...I mean Cyber-Raptor

>9b) ....from Australia.

Finback

>9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Swoop and Blue-Jackal

>10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>see it, everybody else could too....):
>
><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Steve Stonebreaker

><Easy> Finback

Marcus Good

>10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Zobovor and Endora and some other couple :)

>12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

would that be Zobovor during the "let's change my name every day now
that AOL allows its users to do so" phase?

>13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
>and about what?

I dunno, but I'd love to know.

>16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky

>17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
>actually "Death Czarus"?

Hydra?

>18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Túrin

>19a) What does 3H stand for?

Jon Hartman, Karl Hartman, Glenn Hallitt (sp?)

>19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl

>20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

>21b) ....Alex______

33106

>22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARenfeld

>22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
>the group in the first place?

Dalmatian

>24) Who was the "god trader"?

Transking?

>26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla

>26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian

>27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus

>PART TWO: Discussions
>
>1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
>would end after season 3?

Something Hooks wrote that I just can't remember the outroar before we
knew that it wasn't really over.

>2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
>*twice* in the past chronological year.

Decepticons are/aren't evil being one. G1 rulz/BW sux. and one other
that escapes me

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
>last calendar year?

Animorphs

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex

>9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

two?

>9b) Which was the largest?

The ugly Hasbro one.

>10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry Backward...I mean DiTillio

--
There are always naysayers that will say nay.
I'm happier than a Terrorcon with two connector pegs!!

+ /|(http://www.wildrun.com/)|\ Help! My .sig
+ p / |(email: v...@wildrun.com)| \ was stuck in a
+NNON| |NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN| |NN vise by
+ b \_|=========================|_/=O Dave Van Domelen!

TF Fancode: G+++ FR FW+ M++ #459 D+++ ADA N+++ W++ B+++ OP++ MUSH-- BC+++
CN++++ OM P277

Picard42

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Thylacine 2000 wrote in message <37C9F95E...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>...

>Some of these questions are quite straightforward. Others are more or
>less impossible. However, I promise you that *all* of them deal only
>with subject matter that was addressed publically on ATT--so
>theoretically everybody *can* know everything.

Oh boy! ATT trivia!

Awwwww...

>PART 1: TransFans
>
>1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
>Fuzors?

Tengu

>2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Ben Yee I believe.

>3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

>3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
>satirized?

Well, this probably narrows it down to either Dinobot, with his rigid grill
structure sig, or whats-his-face with the "flaming anul probe." Of course,
without knowing the exact answer to 3a, I can't answer 3b, which really
pisses me off. :)

>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Ben, Tengu, Hooks, M Sipher, Scylla, Joona, and Darcerin.

>4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
>from the episode.

Don't know this one.

>4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Ben, Sipher, and Tonyfitz are the only ones I know of.

>7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

You, SwiftEagle, Raksha...er...hmmm...

>9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Quez

>9b) ....from Australia.

Finback

>9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

BJ

>10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>see it, everybody else could too....):
>
><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

I would imagine that it's Steve Stonebraker.

><Easy> Finback

Marcus Good is it?

><Intermediate> Picard42

Hehehehe, now that would be telling. :)

><Hard> Raksha

Jovanka Kink

><Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

Graham Weaver

><Near-Impossible> Tengu

Rob...something.

>12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Probably whoever it was with all of the cyberbee names (can't remember who
it was now), although Hooks could give him a run for his money.

>14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Renaud?

>16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky.

>19a) What does 3H stand for?

The organizers of Botcon.

>19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl?

>20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar.

>21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

43

>21b) ....Alex______

Eh-heh...I usually just say "Alex-Bunchnumbers," but I think it's 33106.

>22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfeld

>22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
>the group in the first place?

Dalmatian.

>23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
>bird?

Pughead20! He was funny, I miss him...

>24) Who was the "god trader"?

It was god dealer actually, and I can't remember who.

>25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

Hooks.

>25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Rob Jung.

>26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla.

>26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian.

>26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte Brogden.

>*DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
>27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus.

>27b) What's his real name?

Rob Cypher was it?

>PART TWO: Discussions

>2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
>*twice* in the past chronological year.

Who's Who, You Know You've Watched Too Much TFs When...um...when was the
last time we went through chicken jokes?

>5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
>quote?

Sureshot.

>6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

A few months? I didn't pay any attention to them.

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
>last calendar year?

Animorphs.

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex.

>9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

3.

>10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry Ditillio.

>10d) When was the last time they did so?

Bob stopped sometime last year. Not sure about Larry.

Not sure about the other questions. This was a lot of fun, Thy. Great job.

--- Picard42, who's still peeved he couldn't answer a question about his own
fanfics...
www.fandome.com/tfww

Ari X

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
I think I shoulda known more of these...

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Ben Yee.

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Hooks, Ben, Joona, Sipher, Darcerin...that's alls I knows.

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Ben, M. Sipher (they put the period in), and all thsoe contest winner
people.

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

Raksha for the BC '95 exclusive?

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Zob, ViceGrip (actually I think he works in a WalMart) and me. Yeah,
try to _prove_ I don't ;)

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Thy2k, Raksha, blah...

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

DVD...um...

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Han't a clue.

> <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good.

> <Intermediate> Picard42

Robert something maybe?

> <Hard> Raksha

Jovanka something...

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Megabee.

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky.

> 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

Tony Preto?

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Turin.

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

Hallit, Hartman, Hartman.

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?
>
> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

One is named Avatar.

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfeld.

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?

Well I think Doug Dlin was involved somehow...

--
~Ar...@aol.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8076/arix.htm
****************

Kal Mal

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
>1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
>Fuzors?

Tengu

>2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

The God, Ben Yee

>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Ben, Hooks, Tengu, Scylla, and..... I like to pretend I am mentioned every time
Megatron says yess and noooo.

>4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
>from the episode.

Beats me

>4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Ben, MSipher, and Tony Fitz.

>6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

VicegripX and Zob IIRC

>9b) ....from Australia.

Finback

>9c) ....from New Zealand.

Isn't Gambit from there?

>9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

BJ

><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

I'm gonna guess Richard Nixon

>16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky

>18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Tùrin

>20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

>20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

Vulcana??

>20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
>her to choose the latter name?

Vulcan

>21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

43

>21b) ....Alex______

:::Types in numbers in no particular order:::
33747875264135

>22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARenfield

>22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
>the group in the first place?

Dalmation

>25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

Hooks

>*DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
>27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus

>27b) What's his real name?

Rob Cypher???

>1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
>would end after season 3?

I am proud to say that *I* posted this thread. It was "Beast Wars: Generation
Two." It's nice to know I'm a part of ATT history :)

>2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
>*twice* in the past chronological year.

Who's Who, Would you tell the cashier if you were over charged (another thread
created by me:) and You know you watch TF's too much when

>5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
>quote?

Sureshot

>6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

A month? Two months? A year? Beats me, I was just a lurker back then.

>6b) Who participated?

Not me

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
>last calendar year?

Animorphs

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri Rex

>8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

JDale

3

>9b) Which was the largest?

The newest one??

>10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio

>10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

Whenever they had something to say?

>11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

I think it's once a week until about five episodes into Beast Machines

>11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

Two?

Thanks Thy. That was a lot of fun. I appreciate it :)

-Kal Mal, who is so happy that at least one of his posts (Beast Wars:
Generation Two) was thought of as a contribution to ATT :)

"I have nothing but contempt for this court." - Hot Rod from TF:TM

HooksX

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
>*USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*

Well, looks like I aint gonna get many of these right. :)

(Note: When all else fails, just answer with either 1- Raksha, 2- Hooks, 3-
WWFF, or 4- PRIME IS NOT A MONKEY!!!)

>1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
>Fuzors?

Tengu, the Magnificent!

Rajan Ragupathy

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Thylacine 2000 wrote:

> Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell you
> you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about trivia
> questions.
>
> Hey--your chocolate is in my peanut butter! No--my peanut butter is in
> your chocolate! Two great tastes that taste great together!
> Ahem--excuse me. Anyway, what I've done is cobble together some
> questions designed to test your knowledge of ATT minutiae, past and
> present.
>
> Some of these questions are quite straightforward. Others are more or
> less impossible. However, I promise you that *all* of them deal only
> with subject matter that was addressed publically on ATT--so
> theoretically everybody *can* know everything.
>
> *USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*
>
> Finally, I apologize beforehand if anybody feels slighted by any of
> these questions. It's not like I'm ignoring anybody. I write down
> whatever questions I happen to think of, that's all. It's just for fun,
> ladies and gentlemen, that's all....
>
> PART 1: TransFans
>
> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Erm, Hooks, Tengu, Rushing,..........damn.

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Raksha, Finback, Raptor (Okay, cheating, I know)

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Finback

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.

Raptor

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue Jackal

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Erm, Dave and Laurie Edwards............

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Autobot/Decepticon morality, Raksha, Beast Machines (is that cheating?)

Best, Raptor

--

Those who master others have force
Those who master themselves have strength.

HooksX

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
{Ignore the previous post, it was only a diversion... for the perfect
opportunity... to STRIKE!}

>*USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*

Well, looks like I aint gonna get many of these right. :)

(Note: When all else fails, just answer with either 1- Raksha, 2- Ben, 3-
WWFF, or 4- PRIME IS NOT A MONKEY!!! Or when all else fails, *SING!*)

>1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
>Fuzors?

Tengu, the Magnificent!

>2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

DVD or Ben... DVD or Ben... uhm... PRIME IS NOT A MONKEY!!!

>3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?
>3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
>satirized?

...my rigid grill structure? :) I was gonna say Ben, but since he really
doesn't have a .sig... I'll have to say... PRIME IS NOT A MONKEY!!!

>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

That Bastard Hooks, Ben, M Sipher, Tengu, Joona, Darcerin, and Tallories.

>4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
>from the episode.

Raksha.

>4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Ben, Tonyfitz, LV and Walky.

>5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
>toys?

Raksha.

>6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Zob, ViceGrip, and LV.

>7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Thy2k, Swift Eagle, Raksha, and two other bastards.

>8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

DVD, yeah you know me! :)

>9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Quez.

>9b) ....from Australia.

Finback, mate!

>9c) ....from New Zealand.

PRIME IS NOT A MONKEY!!!

>9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

George :-)

>10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>see it, everybody else could too....):
>

><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker (with a name like that, he could be in
wrestling! Or rasslin'... ;)

Steve Stonebraker. :)

><Easy> Finback

Marcus Good-somethingorother. Sounds like a baseball player.

><Intermediate> Picard42

Raksha.

><Hard> Raksha

Picard42.

><Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

GrahamCracker Weaver

><Near-Impossible> Tengu

Crow of Death. :)

>10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Well by the year 2005, LV & Trix and Walky & Windchaser will be married. But as
for now? Uhm... Primal & Cheetor, Abebird & Megatron? :)

>12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

I know Thy's gone throught three incarnations...but MegaBee's gone through
about 3 *million*.

>13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
>and about what?

PRIME IS NOT A MONKEY!!!

>14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
>alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Everybody SING! "Transformers, More than meets the eyes...."

>14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

"Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons! The
Transformers!"

>15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
>use?

Evil Invention/Alien Device... and either Rob Jung or Raksha popularized it. I
believe it to be Jung.

>16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky. Sick bastard.

>16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

Hasbro! :)

>17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
>actually "Death Czarus"?

"Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh, BATMAN!"

>18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Urine... er... Turin. :)

>19a) What does 3H stand for?

Three Hasbro's... The Three corners of hell! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... seriously,
two of them are Hartmans, and the other is Harlitt or somethin'.

>19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Uhm... Cicachadon? :)

>20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Optimus Prime.

>20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

Transmetal Megatron.

>20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
>her to choose the latter name?

The Predacons.

>21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

43

>21b) ....Alex______

33106.

>22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfeld.

>22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
>the group in the first place?

Dalmation (ha ha! spelled it wrong!)

>23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
>bird?

PUGHEAD20!!! :D

>24) Who was the "god trader"?

Gambit333?

>25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

"Everybody hurts..."

>25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

"...sometimes."

>25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

"...sometimes."

>25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

That one Dinobot guy with the "rigid grill structure" quote that we originally
spoofed in the World's Worst Fanfic! Woohoo!

>25e) ....from Rammstein?

"Whoops! There it is!"

>25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

"Tootsie roll!"

>25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

That Hooks Bastard.

>25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

Percepter, seeker of ultimate truths?

>25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Rob Jung. Hey Jung, where the heck are you these days?

>26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla.

>26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dolmatiun. (*snicker*)

>26c) ....of a mermaid?

"I can show you the world..."

>26d) ....of an earwig?

"Stop! Recalibrate and listen..."

>26e) ....of Wheeljack?

"Sometimes I run! Sometimes I hide! Sometimes Im scared of you..."

>26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?

"But all I really want is to hold you tight..."

>26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

"treat you right..."

>27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus.

>27b) What's his real name?

Rob Cypher.

>PART TWO: Discussions
>
>1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
>would end after season 3?

*sobs* "The End of An Era."

1a) Who was the bastard that started the thread?

That Bastard Hooks.

>2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
>*twice* in the past chronological year.

"DECEPTICONS ARE EEEEVIL!" "WAR PLANETS ARE EEEEEVIL!" "THE MATRIX/OPTIMUS
SPARK IS EEEEEVIL!"

>3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
>criticizing War Planets?

"You actually believe Hooks?" :)

>4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

"Wonko's Insane!" ???

>5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
>quote?

Uhm... PRIME IS NOT A MONKEY!

>6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Too long.

>6b) Who participated?

Everyone not in the U.S. :)

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
>last calendar year?

Animorphs.

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex

>7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

DVD.

>8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

"Backstreet's back, ALRIGHT!"

>9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Two.

>9b) Which was the largest?

BWNeo.

>10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Lovable Larry DiTillio and Polished Pole Bob Forward.

>10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
>that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

LARRYBW and BOBBW.

>10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

Less than 50.

>10d) When was the last time they did so?

Someone (not me, you bastards) forced Bob off for impersonating him, and Larry
was suggested (by me) to read only RTTMod for more ontopic, less clutter on the
groups. Basically, Summer of 98 was their final tour on ATT. :)

>11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

NEVER!!!

>11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

FIVE!!!

>11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Ben! Siph! Playground Psychotic! DVD! Jung! And three other old bastards.
--

That was fun! Thanks old man! :)

(X)

Joona I Palaste

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Thylacine 2000 <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> scribbled the following:
[...]

Horatio Nelson.

: 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Napoleon Bonaparte.

: 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

Adolf Hitler.

: 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
: satirized?

The original.

: 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Me (woohoo!), Tengu, Hooks, Darcerin.

: 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
: from the episode.

Argh. Laura Kalli?

: 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Groucho, Harpo, Chico, Karl.

: 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
: toys?

Benson Yee, some other guy.

: 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Zobovor 1, Zobovor 2, Zobovor 3.

: 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Raksha, Thylacine 2000, Huey, Dewey, Louie.

: 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Argh, Dave van Domelen, urgh.

: 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

I'm supposed to know these things? Ronald Ng.

: 9b) ....from Australia.

Dirge.

: 9c) ....from New Zealand.

Fluffy.

: 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Anni, the Blue-Jackal.

: 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in

: for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
: see it, everybody else could too....):

: <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Steve Stonebraker.

: <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good.

: <Intermediate> Picard42

Jean-Luc The Ultimate Answer

: <Hard> Raksha

I'm not going there. I know the answer though, e-mail me privately for
it.

: <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

My Pal Criggles.

: <Near-Impossible> Tengu

Robert Gerbracht! Ha!

: 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Robert Jung - Jade Hu, Zobovor - Endora60.

: 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

H Jameel al Khafiz. Where is he, anyway?

: 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
: and about what?

It was back in the time, when my father bought a lamp. It was 1992, and
it was posted by Nikolai Bobrikoff about the alarming state of the
Finland province.

: 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
: alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Suzanne Ferree? I remember her post initiating the whole discussion.

: 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Robert Jung? Raksha was the one for ATTCM.

: 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
: use?

Simple. "Ei" is "no" in Finnish, and "ad" is short for "advertisement".
So it means "no advertisements!" I popularised its use, right here.

: 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walkertron, aka David Willis.

: 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

God.

: 17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
: actually "Death Czarus"?

James Bond.

: 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Actually, no-one's. The answer you're thinking of is Túrin, but that's
wrong. You have a dodgy keyboard, that's all.

: 19a) What does 3H stand for?

Hartman, Hartman, Hartman.

: 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

The big one.

: 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar. Natch.

: 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

Another Avatar.

: 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired

: her to choose the latter name?

Erm, an angel?

: 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

42

: 21b) ....Alex______

J33106 (see, I got the J part too)

: 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

William Alexander Renfeld's.

: 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to

: the group in the first place?

Erm, Hooks? (ducks)

: 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
: bird?

Some troll.

: 24) Who was the "god trader"?

Q.

: 25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

Darcerin.

: 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

I don't know.

: 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

Easy. Finback.

: 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Some dude.

: 25e) ....from Rammstein?

Ergh, I know that one, it's "Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein", but
I don't remember who uses it in his/her .sig...

: 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

No idea.

: 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

Ha. Hooks.

: 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

As if _I_ would know.

: 25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Robert Jung. Very Zappay.

: 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

A bloody giveaway! Lila Robinwood, aka Scylla, aka Grrrlgoyle.

: 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian.

: 26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte Brogden, my favourite Oz chick.

: 26d) ....of an earwig?

Someone.

: 26e) ....of Wheeljack?

Erm, AlexJ33106? No.

: 26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?

Raksha?

: 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

Someone.

: *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:

: 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus. But the "D" should have stood for "Dummy" or "Dorky".

: 27b) What's his real name?

Melvin Krustofsky. No.

: PART TWO: Discussions

: 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
: would end after season 3?

"The end of an era".

: 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least

: *twice* in the past chronological year.

FIRRIB/FIBRIR, Decepticons being evil, something which I started, I've
lost count.

: 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
: criticizing War Planets?

The Search for Spook.

: 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

"Ben Yee gets married!"

: 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
: quote?

Colossus. He's not a Nazi!

: 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Not long enough!

: 6b) Who participated?

I, Grrrlgoyle, Ian Hollis, Tykus the Gladiator.

: 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
: last calendar year?

AniMorphs.

: 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex.

: 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

Some dude.

: 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

A member of the genus Homo Sapiens.

: 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Two.

: 9b) Which was the largest?

The other one.

: 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Larry DiTillio and Bob Forward.

: 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header

: that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

[LARRYBW] and [BOBBW]

: 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

Too few!

: 10d) When was the last time they did so?

In the 1990's.

: 11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

Not often enough!

: 11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

Too few!

: 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Steve-o Stonebraker, Tengu, Raksha, Robert Jung, Suzanne Ferree,
Iggy Drougge, Charlotte Brogden, Hooks.

: TTT, was bored today....

--
/-- Joona Palaste (pal...@cc.helsinki.fi) ---------------------------\
| Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #80 D+ ADA N+++ |

Finback

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Thylacine 2000 wrote:

> Finally, I apologize beforehand if anybody feels slighted by any of
> these questions. It's not like I'm ignoring anybody. I write down
> whatever questions I happen to think of, that's all. It's just for fun,
> ladies and gentlemen, that's all....

"You didn't mention all the people, only the popular ones!" - ring
any bells, folks? :)

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

James Hooks, Darcerin, Joona Palaste, M "Not Xiphos" Sipher, sort
of Matt from Rugby's Starbase, Ben Yee [Wonko] and Urac Sigma... yes! She
was! The first! In "Power Surge"! "I'm a rat... not a bat!" :)

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Raksha.

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

I know Walky's one... [he wrote a letter IIRC] and Ben Yee.

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Zobovor, VicegripX and ... Maximus Prime? Or is it Goldimus?

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Thy2K.. Raksha.. me... um... I feel bad now :(

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Quezovercoatl!

> 9b) ....from Australia.
Ian Hollis! Urac Sigma! Charlotte Brogden! Griffin!

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.
Rajan!

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Duh :0 Blue-Jackal, Goerge Quail, Liam Kavanagh..

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Um, Steve-O? :) Wow, his parents must be laid back..

> <Easy> Finback
No idea. Who is he? :) [C'mon, it's in my sig!]

> <Intermediate> Picard42
I should know.. :S

> <Hard> Raksha
J... Kink.

> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!
The other half of Trixter.

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu
He Who Must Not Be Named.

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Zobovor and Laurie Edwards.

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Either Zob, or ViceGripX.

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
> and about what?

Dunno who - but it was probably "IN THE BEGINNING, BRAWN WAS NOT
DEAD."

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?
>
> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Chris Meadows?

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

David "Walky" Willis.

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Turin.. and my PINe system won't let you do it :P

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

The Hartmans.

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Big Hartman. :)

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar.

> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

It's rude to ask a lady that :)

> 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

1138?

> 21b) ....Alex______
J33106!

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

MG-Dinobot's.

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?

Neale DAvidson?

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

Trout56??

> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

[Hits self in head]

> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?
hmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

[Hits self again]

> 25e) ....from Rammstein?
Hydra Darkwings!

> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

James Hooks.

> 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

Perceptor??

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla/Grrlgoyle!

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian!

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?
Charlotte Brogden.

> 26d) ....of an earwig?
?? Maybe ViceGripX did atnsome point... :S

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?
[Hits self]

> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus.

> 27b) What's his real name?

Mr Big Suck Loser.

> PART TWO: Discussions
>
> 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
> would end after season 3?

"It's all over! Go home" :)

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Decepticons are Evil; The old "Raksha"/"cesspool" thread, may it
_rest in peace_, and the location of BotConXXXX

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

"It's all over! Go home!" :D

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Too long :)

> 6b) Who participated?
Hmmm... Quez? Ian Hollis. Joona. Grrlgoyle...

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs.

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex.

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

3?

> 9b) Which was the largest?

"Big" Unicron :)

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Larry DiTillio and Bob Forward.

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header

> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

?? BW??

> 10d) When was the last time they did so?

When someone started being a jerk and trying to pass themself off
as Bob.

> TTT, was bored today....
And you do realise you should post the full answers in one week,
Thy :)

> Random Cartoon Quote of the Day (from memory!):

"This one's Coach Fussell! Climb the rope! Climb the rope!"
-Charles, "The Tick".

+-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+
| Marcus Good aka "Finback" | "That which is not dead |
| eg...@cc.curtin.edu.au | can eternal lie, |
| http://student.curtin.edu.au/~egood | And with strange aeons |
+-----------------------------------------+ even death may die." |
| "There's only one thing that I know how | -- HP Lovecraft, |
| to do well.." | "Call of Cthulhu". |
| - TMBG, "Whistling In The Dark" | |

Pyre[Rock]

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Thylacine 2000 wrote:

> PART 1: TransFans
>
> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?

Tengu

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Ben "Wonko The Sane" Yee

> 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

DVD?

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

WWFF 1

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Hooks, M Sipher, Scylla, Joona, Darcerin, Ben Yee, 3H, Rugby's Starbase

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Raksha

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Larry, Moe, Curly, Shemp

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

3H, Raksha, Men In Black

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

ViceGrip, Zob, AriX

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

SwiftEagle, Thylacine, Raksha

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Hal Jordan

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Quezovercoatl

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Finback

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.
>
> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue Jackal.

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Bob Barker? :-D

> <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good

> <Intermediate> Picard42

Patrick Stewart :-P

> <Hard> Raksha

J-something Kink

> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

Graham Weaver

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu
>
> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Dave and Laurie Edwards aka Zobovor and Endora

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Jameel aka Megabee. Zob and Hooks rank up there too with their
mass-renaming when AOL implemented that feature.

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
> and about what?

Sometime in 94 IIRC. Wasn't around then so have no clue as to what the
exact date was or the content of the message. I would assume that it was
either a test message or the charter.

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Rob Jung

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Robotech_Master

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

Evil Invention/Alien Device I think. And it was created by KKC, who's
exact name escapes me at the moment.

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky

> 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

Some very lucky person.

> 17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
> actually "Death Czarus"?

Well, Hydra was the first to bring it up on ATT, but it was suggested to
him by Quez.

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Túrin

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

2 Hartmans + 1 Hallit = 3H

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl Hartman. That dude is BIG.

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

*shrug*

> 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
> her to choose the latter name?

*shrug*

> 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

43, although I don't beleive she's used them in sometime. In fact I
beleive that acount was either terminated or abandoned by here when she
moved.

> 21b) ....Alex______

33106 I think.

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfelds

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?

Dalmation, so I hear.

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

Pughead20

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?

God dealer actually and I've forgotten.

> 25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

D-something I think... Darzonique?

> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

No idea.

> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

I think this is Finbacks.

> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Dinobot's used to.

> 25e) ....from Rammstein?

Hydra's curently does.

> 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

Rob Powers' on ocation.

> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

Hooks.

> 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

*shrug* Probably PerceptorSOUT

> 25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Rob Jung

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla. Who has seemingly disapeared since BotCon.

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmation

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte Brodgen

> 26d) ....of an earwig?

*shrug*

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?

*shrug*

> 26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?

*shrug*

> 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

*shrug*

> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zues

> 27b) What's his real name?

Rob Cypher

> PART TWO: Discussions
>
> 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
> would end after season 3?

End of An Era

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Prime's Spark in OpSit, Raksha nonsense, Spoiler Space.

> 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
> criticizing War Planets?

*shrug*

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

*shrug*

> 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
> quote?

G2 Sureshot

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Too long, as in they should have ended before their creation.

> 6b) Who participated?

Not me.

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs. And they AREN'T THAT BAD!

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex

> 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

DVD, although since the Wal-Mart here JUST put up tags for them, I'm
hoping we'll still see the remaining toys. I want my Tri-Rex dangit!

> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

*shrug*

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

IIRC, 3. 1 was very small. 1 was almost Fort Max sized. The other is
the new Neo version.

> 9b) Which was the largest?

The one that was almost Fort Max sized and was seen at BotCon 96.

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry Ditillio.

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

BeastBob/LarryBW

> 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

Not enough.

> 10d) When was the last time they did so?

Too long ago.

> 11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

It's NOT.

> 11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

I beleive we're now on version 6.

> 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Not me.

--
Pyre[Rock] - the...@rica.net http://home.rica.net/dcarson/therock/
TF Fancode: G++++ FR FW- M #150 D++ ADA N++ W++ B+++ OQP MUSH-- BC CN+++

Brian Kilby

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99

> > 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.
>
> Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Hal Jordan

Nah, Clark Kent is unemployed, Bruce Wayne is also unemployed and Hal Jordan
is dead :)

A Correct set of answers would be: DVD, Aaron Russell and myself.

Brian Kilby

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99

Brian Kilby <ki...@gamespotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.
> >
> > Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Hal Jordan
> >

> Nah, Clark Kent is unemployed, Bruce Wayne is also unemployed and Hal
Jordan
> is dead :)
>
> A Correct set of answers would be: DVD, Aaron Russell and myself.

Hmmm, I may have been wrong. If Aaron Russell doesn't fit in there, then Jim
H. Lee would.

Dalmatian

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Thylacine 2000 wrote:

Just wanna' thank Thy for making a fun trivia thing for once. :)
Not that I'm saying Thy has made a boring trivia thing, but that...bah,
nevermind.

> PART 1: TransFans
>
> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?

Tengu, and what a day that was.

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Ben Yee I believe. Sometime around when he went to that toy show.

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

That darned "My rigid grill structure is bearing down on your
unprotected cargo bay" thing. The one that made no sense. :)

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

The person who made up Blender Butt should have, but noooooo. }:)
Anyway, Wonko (Ben), Tengu, Joona (pronounced wrong I hear), Dar-see-ren
(can't spell it), Hooks, M Sipher and I think Scylla was there too.

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Should have read the scripts...

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Walky, Ben, Tonyfitz and another fortunate individual I guess.

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

I know Raksha wrote one.
Do the people from 3H count? Did they write anything for 99' exclusives?

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Vicegrip, Zobby, maybe Turin (meow!) and some other toy crazed
individuals. :)

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Thy and Raksha, together at last.
The only two I can think of anyway. Oh, there's Swift Eagle too.

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Me, but Quez and Blackzarak flaunt that fact more than myself.

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Ah, Finback's BW price gripes have some use at last. ;)

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.

Yeeugh. Don't know about that. I know she's a she and is heavily
involved with TF fanfics. Charlotte?

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

if this isn't a cue for Blue Jackal, I don't know what is.

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Steeeeve?

> <Easy> Finback

Fiiiinnnn?

> <Intermediate> Picard42

Piiiiiiiic?
(I know of the name, just can't recall it)

> <Hard> Raksha

Raaaaaaaaak?

> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

Grahampage!

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

I know this is Rob due to the conversation about how common that name is
found here.

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Megabee!

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Rob. I was there when it happened, baby!

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Robotech_Master. I was a might be moderator at one point.

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

Evil Invention/Alien Device? Can't recall much about this.

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky, and it's now sporting a nice "Dal" signature on it.

> 17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
> actually "Death Czarus"?

I thought it was Doug Dlin, but I think someone else got it in before.

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Well, meow. Turin. :)

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

2 for Hartman, 1 for the other good fellow involved.

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl. Poor guy was chased by MSipher and SkyJammer.

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar.

> 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
> her to choose the latter name?

A plummed serpent?

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

Ah do believe that's Warendfeld.

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?

Ah do believe that's me. Surprised?

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

Oh! I know this one. Pughead I think? Somehow I got that reply when I
posted a message in regard to Airazor.

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?

someone with bad typing. :)

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla, baby

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Me, baby

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte, baby?

> 26d) ....of an earwig?

Dare I guess Vicegrip?

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?

Dare I guess Wheeljack?

> 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

Dare I guess Unicron, er, baby?

> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus. I remember how topical he was.

> PART TWO: Discussions

> 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
> criticizing War Planets?

Something involving Mr. Hooks there.
"Hey Hooks, look at this" or something. I'm guessing. :)

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

"I put my TFs in the pre-nub!" Guessing again. :)

> 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
> quote?

Was it Sureshot? I can't remember if it was Sureshot now.

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Half a freakin' year.

> 6b) Who participated?

I...don't want to bring up unpleasant memories. :)

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs.

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

The "stupid freakin' toy that stole BW's Optimal size for 99'" combiner
team.

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Two.

> 9b) Which was the largest?

"The hideously unproportioned bowling ball chested one."
or
"Hasbro's"

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Larry n' Bob, together at last.

> 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

enough for us to have wanted more.

> 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

I'll just guess Steve since he wrote it and I haven't a clue.
That boy does love to talk about himself. ;)

--
----
/ .. \
| / \
\/| |\
- - - -
http://members.xoom.com/dalmatian2k/funnyfarm.html

Jordan S Derber

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
In article <37C9F95E...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>,
Thylacine 2000 <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:

>17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
>actually "Death Czarus"?

It wasn't Hydra, which most people have guessed. Hydra proposed "Death
Czaras," which is the name I prefer (and hopefully will be used whenever
we get around to subtitling Victory), because Death Czaras is a DRAGON,
not a dinosaur. Giving him a name that suggests otherwise is insulting to
such a great Destron leader. I always hated the name Deathsauras as
well...

Jordan Derber
aka H-K
aka Buster Darkwings

Dave Van Domelen

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Snipping questions I don't have answers for, or don't feel like
answering. }->

>PART 1: TransFans

>5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
>toys?

Raksha, Hartmans at least. Doug wrote the english versions of the
techspecs for the BotCon Japan exclusives, but those were not
Hasbro-licensed, they were Takara-licensed.

>8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Gah, I only recall myself and Jameel (Megabee).

>10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>see it, everybody else could too....):
>

><Hard> Raksha

Trick question. Her real name IS Raksha, and you're never going to get
her to say otherwise. Her *legal* name is something else, but you asked for
*real* names.

>15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
>use?

Evil Invention/Alien Device.

>18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Turin.

>20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar.

>20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

Javelin. I once tried to fit him into his cage, which was a foot
shorter than he is...and it was almost impossible.

>22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARenfield, IIRC.

>26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla. And mine once, when I was giving her some new ASCII.

>*DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
>27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus.

>PART TWO: Discussions

>6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Too long. }->

>6b) Who participated?

Too many. }->

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
>last calendar year?

Animorphs.

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri Rex, who doesn't exist anymore, most likely.

>7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

On ATT, might have been me. Can't recall, several claims came out hard
on the heels of each other.

>9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Two.

>9b) Which was the largest?

I think they're both about the same height, but the Japanese one gives
more impression of size and mass.

Dave Van Domelen, not sure Deja even goes back to the FIRST post to
a.t.t, which was in 1992....

Dave Van Domelen

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
It's worth noting that "Rob Cypher" is not a real name either, it's just
BDZ's first alias.

Dave Van Domelen, glad the yobbo's gone anyway....

Neale Davidson

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
> > <Hard> Raksha
>
> Jovanka something...

Her real name /is/ Raksha.. it's been legally changed.
For note to all newbies - do NOT address her by her original name... that's
a venom-talon offense.

Neale

JDale

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Hooks, Wonko, M Syphor otherwise not sure

>6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

I did, but I don't think you mean me.

>8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

DVD and once again, I did, but don't now and I doubt you ment me.

>9b) ....from Australia.
Beast MoJo

JDale
Ages of Cybertron
http://members.aol.com/AgesofCybr/index.html
Keeper of Who's Who in ATT
http://members.aol.com/ATTwhoswho/index.html
Nobody would follow an uncharismatic bore like you! - Hook
Pop goes the...::BOOOOM::...Crab Cake! - Rattrap

JDale

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
I hit the wrong button, D'oh!!

>9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue-Jackal

>14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Raksha?

>18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Turin (but I'm not sure how to do it)

>19a) What does 3H stand for?

Hart, Hart and uhh............

>2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
>*twice* in the past chronological year.

Death Star vs Unicron, Starfleet vs Transformers, RIRFIB

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
>last calendar year?

Animorphs

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex

>7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

DVD

>8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

That would be me.

>9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Two that I know of

>9b) Which was the largest?

The origonal movie one

>10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry D (can't quite spell his last name, or pronounce it for
that matter)

I didn't know as many of these as I should have. Oh well.

"I must have static in my rectifiers."

Maximus Prime

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Neale Davidson wrote:
> Her real name /is/ Raksha.. it's been legally changed.
> For note to all newbies - do NOT address her by her original
name... that's
> a venom-talon offense.

Uhmm. . .not to be disrespectful or anything, but. . . isn't that
taking things a little *TOO* far?

--
--Maximus Prime

Keeper of the Transformers Comic Scan Archive
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Omega/4772
Writer of the Maximal Gambit
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nova/6206
The Necessary Evil

Dave Van Domelen

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
In article <HfDy3.13384$ok3....@news.rdc1.il.home.com>,
Neale Davidson <tfn...@home.com> wrote:
>> > <Hard> Raksha
>>
>> Jovanka something...

>Her real name /is/ Raksha.. it's been legally changed.
>For note to all newbies - do NOT address her by her original name... that's
>a venom-talon offense.

Well, I believe her birth name is still on her passport and driver's
license, last I checked she hadn't legally changed it, on the grounds that
she shouldn't have to jump through bureaucratic hoops to get the government
to agree to let her call herself Raksha. Maybe she finally took my advice
and got that changed, but I doubt it.
She DOES, however, have her bank accounts in the name Raksha, so if you
feel the need to send her money, you can make the checks out to Raksha. }->

Dave Van Domelen, wouldn't mind a few checks floating his direction,
either....

Doug Kern

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99

> Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell you
> you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about trivia
> questions.

Okay here I go, bad spellings and all

> PART 1: TransFans
>
> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?

Tengu!

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Not sure about this, though I do remember Ben Yee had the first scans
that were announced on att.

> 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

Walky I think

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

THe first one?

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Wonko, Hooks, Scylla, M Sipher, Daracein, Rugby's Starbase

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Raksha

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Ben Yee plus 3H

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

Raksha and 3H. And while he is not a fan, Denis Barger too. Remember
BotCon toys are considered liscenced.

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Vice-Grip, Zovobar, and LiquidVelcro!

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Thylacine, LiquidVelcro!, Finback, Raksha, and Me (though on break till I

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

DVD, DOug DLin (I think) and er.. okay you got me

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Dalmation!

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Finback!

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.

Ryan Rugapathy! (Okay I mangled the name but you get the point:)

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue Jackal

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Steve

> <Easy> Finback
>
> <Intermediate> Picard42

Matt

> <Hard> Raksha

Hey trick question! She goes by Raksha now, after all.

> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

Grahm

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

No clue

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Star-Saber & ARcee and Zovobar and Ennoia

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

ummm VicoryLeo (okay it's not that, but I am drawing a blank)

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
> and about what?

Well that is before my time :)

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Rob Jung I think

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Raksha and Skyflight

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

no clue

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky!

> 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

J. Kiester

> 17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
> actually "Death Czarus"?

Pyre maybe?

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

no idea

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

the Hartmans and Glen Halitt

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

John Hatman, if I recall correctly

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

???

> 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
> her to choose the latter name?

???

> 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

Damn I should know this

> 21b) ....Alex______
>
> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WAR's

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?

Dalmation

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

Pughead

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?

Transking!

> 25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?
>
> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?
>
> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?
>
> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?
>
> 25e) ....from Rammstein?

Hydra

> 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?
>
> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?
>
> 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?
>
> 25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Rob Jung

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmation

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte Bogden

> 26d) ....of an earwig?

Vice-Grip?

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?
>
> 26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?
>
> 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?
>
> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus

> 27b) What's his real name?

Never found out, I killfiled him before it was posted

> PART TWO: Discussions
>
> 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
> would end after season 3?
>
> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Decepticons=Evil!!!
BW Sucks=G1 Rulz!!!
Whining about where BotCon is being held

> 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
> criticizing War Planets?

no clue

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

Wonko is insane!!

> 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
> quote?

Pyro!

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

a month till enough people got dick of them

> 6b) Who participated?

Zetacron is the only name I remember

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

TriRex!

> 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

Thy that's a toughie, tons of people were yelling this out after BC 98 and
when the toys first appeared

> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?
>
> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

three

> 9b) Which was the largest?

the one shown at BC 96, the mistransformed one

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Foward and Larry DiTillo

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

forgotten it already

> 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

Many! :)

> 10d) When was the last time they did so?

Not sure about att, but their last post on rttm was right after Nemesis aired

> 11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

Once every other week?

> 11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

ummm quite a numner

> 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Tengu, STeve STonebreaker, Rob Jung, Ben Yee, Raksha, Hex, Robotech Master
and the Hartmans (okay so it is 9)

--
Doug Kern
AKA Monocle

Jason Lurcott

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
to Thylacine 2000

Gamb...@aol.com HAHAHAHAHHAH I started that thread!
--
cha...@erols.com
Jason's(chachie's) Tf Page Survivor FAQ

Maximus Prime

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Finback wrote:
> > 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.
> Zobovor, VicegripX and ... Maximus Prime? Or is it Goldimus?

I had a fanfic flash here: "The Problem with Primes." What happens
when you've got 2 dozen Primes and nothing to do? Something
extraordinarily silly. . .coming soon, from a Maximus near you :-)

Anyway, Goldimus is right--I work as a computer tech at Onslow
County Public Library here in Jacksonville, NC. I've also worked
circulation at my high school library and at Davis Library in Chapel
Hill. . .come to think of it, I've really only ever worked in
libraries. . .<shrug> Ah, well. Boring and bookish, that's me :-)

M Sipher

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Jason Lurcott wrote:

> > 24) Who was the "god trader"?
>

> Gamb...@aol.com HAHAHAHAHHAH I started that thread!

Urm... I'm %99 sure I was the one who sent it carrening madly down the
actual "god" dealer path... though you jolly well could have started the
thread and made the original typo.

M "Here's A Wad O' Mildly-Self-Concerned Trivia For Ya... I Was The
First Person To Post A Review On ATT Of The First BW Toys To Hit The
Shelves, AND The First Person To Announce That There Was A BW Cartoon In
The Works... BOY Did I Catch Hell For THAT One!" Sipher

Dalmatian

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
Brian Kilby wrote:

> > 26b) ....of a talking dog?
> >

> Dalmati*a*n.

Ah, someone actually remembered and I didn't slap sense into anyone. :)

--
----
/ .. \

Dalmatian

Aug 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/30/99
The Robot Train wrote:

> > 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?
>

> Avatar, whom I've heard wanted some Doritos at BC99.

I have pictures to for the non-believers.

> > 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> > the group in the first place?
>

> Dalmatian. It's okay, Dal, we forgive you.. :)

At last.
I don't have to hide in the shadows because of my dark past anymore. :)

--
----
/ .. \

Goldimus Prime

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
In article <37C9F95E...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>,
Thylacine 2000 <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell you
> you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about trivia
> questions.
>
> Hey--your chocolate is in my peanut butter! No--my peanut butter is in
> your chocolate! Two great tastes that taste great together!
> Ahem--excuse me. Anyway, what I've done is cobble together some
> questions designed to test your knowledge of ATT minutiae, past and
> present.
>
> Some of these questions are quite straightforward. Others are more or
> less impossible. However, I promise you that *all* of them deal only
> with subject matter that was addressed publically on ATT--so
> theoretically everybody *can* know everything.
>
> *USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*
>
> Finally, I apologize beforehand if anybody feels slighted by any of
> these questions. It's not like I'm ignoring anybody. I write down
> whatever questions I happen to think of, that's all. It's just for fun,
> ladies and gentlemen, that's all....
>
> PART 1: TransFans
>
> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?
Tengu?

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?
Wonko

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Hooks, Tengu, M Sipher, Benson Yee(if you count the credits),
Darcerin[sp?],....slag, can't think of any more:(

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

I'm curious of this myself

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Let's see, Zob, JDale, and ArkNorth

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.
Blue Jackal

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Uhhhhhhh......

> <Easy> Finback
Marcus Good?

> <Intermediate> Picard42
?????????

> <Hard> Raksha
>
> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!
>
> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.
>

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Zob used a bunch(before he learned Zobovor struck fear into the hearts of,
someone:)

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
> and about what?

I was just thinking about what the first post might ave been yesterday, weird

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered >Fortress Maximus?
Walky

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Turin, and I can't do it on Webtv:(

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARenfeld

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?
Dalmatian

> 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?
As in ST:TNG?

> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

HooksX?

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Autobot flight, FIRRIB, and whether Brawn died in the movie or not

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

When did that happen?

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
> last calendar year?
Animorphs

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Redx(although it probably wo't ever be released)

> 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

I first saw it on DVD's site(and I almost posted about it), so I'd say DVD.

> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

Swoop started the last actual posting, and JDale made a website for that
purpose.

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Let's see, beachball Unicron, $500 Unicron, and Galvatron re-color Unicron.

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry DiTillo

6

--
Goldimus Prime,
Who can't wait for the answers....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Goldimus Prime

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
In article <Pine.PMDF.3.96.9908301...@cc.curtin.edu.au>,

Finback <eg...@cc.curtin.edu.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Thylacine 2000 wrote:
>
> > 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.
> Zobovor, VicegripX and ... Maximus Prime? Or is it Goldimus?

I probably will work in a TRU somneday, but I haven't yet.And IIRC, Maximus
works in a library.I think ArkNorth works in a toy store. -- Goldimus Prime
http://goldimus.tsx.org http://www.deja.com/~beast_machines

Neale Davidson

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
>>Her real name /is/ Raksha.. it's been legally changed.
>>For note to all newbies - do NOT address her by her original
>>name... that's a venom-talon offense.

> Uhmm. . .not to be disrespectful or anything, but. . . isn't that

> taking things a little *TOO* far?

What? People change their names all the time.. hardly a new thing. In
Raksha's case her original name is a reminder of things unpleasant, so
she had it changed. Had nothing to do with TFs or fandom or what not...

Neale

Maximus Prime

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Neale Davidson wrote:
> What? People change their names all the time.. hardly a new thing.
In
> Raksha's case her original name is a reminder of things
unpleasant, so
> she had it changed. Had nothing to do with TFs or fandom or what
not...

Oh, okay then. I had thought for the moment that she was trying so
hard to be a Decepticon that she decided to reject her "human" name.
. .while not exactly "glad" that she had other reasons to change it,
it is a comfort to me that the change is not attributable to
psychosis :-) Tell me, is her legal name just "Raksha," or does it
have a surname as well (and I'd ask Raksha myself, but she hasn't
responded to my emails in the past month. I think. . .hope?. . .it
has something to do with her recent server switch. . .I don't
*think* I was disrespectful to her. . .)

Brian Kilby

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?

I'm betting that it was Tengu. (hearsay, actually...since I wasn't actually
here)

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Ben Yee?

> 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

Hmmm...can't remember which WWFF it is. But the quote was by MG-Dinobot or
whatever the initials were.

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

HooksX, Joona, Tengu, Rugby's Starbase, M Sipher and a couple of other
people who slip my mind currently.

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Hmmm....Thylacine Two Thousand sounds like a great brand of Cybertronian
motor oil :)

But whomever it was is unknown to me.

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Ben Yee, Walky and The Hartmans....

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

...not exactly sure.

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Zob, Vicegrip and uh...um, uh...I work at a radio station! :)

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

You (TTT), Finback (?), I think that Swift does.

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

DVD, Jim H. Lee and myself.

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Primus?

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Finback.

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.

...can't remember.

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

BJ.

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker
>

> <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good.

> <Intermediate> Picard42

Ha! That's an easy one...it's uh...uhm. Damn! I can't remember Pic's first
name.

> <Hard> Raksha
>
> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!
>
> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

Skipping....ahead.

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Dave and Laurie Edwards and uh, uhm...uh, I work at a radio station!

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

I've used several if you can't alterations on e-mail addys and such. I would
say that I've had about *7* different variations and screen names.

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
> and about what?

Back in 1992? Don't know whom or what it was about...other than
Transformers.

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Don't know.

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Robotech Master?

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

Don't know.

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

A Nebulan retirement home, no doubt.

> 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

Runski?

> 17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
> actually "Death Czarus"?
>

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Túrin or Brîàñ Kílbÿ on certain occasions :)

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

Three Happy Hartmans? :)

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

..don't know.

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?
>

> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?
>

> 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
> her to choose the latter name?
>

> 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

Skipping ahead.

> 21b) ....Alex______

J33106!

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

MG Dinobot?

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?
>

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

Everyone has at one point in their life, haven't they?

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?

D'oh! I should know this one.

> 25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?
>
> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

McFly something?

> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?
>
> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

MG Dinobot?

> 25e) ....from Rammstein?

...can't think.

> 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

Hooks!

> 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

The Byrds? To everything, turn, turn, turn...never mind.

> 25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla.

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmati*a*n.

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?
>
> 26d) ....of an earwig?

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?
>
> 26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?
>
> 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?
>
> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus.

> 27b) What's his real name?

He has one?

> PART TWO: Discussions
>
> 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
> would end after season 3?

Can't remember.

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Death Star vs. Unicron. BW vs. G1. Mucho mas.

> 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
> criticizing War Planets?

It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't recall.

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

You had to look on Dejanews to write this, didn't Thy? :)
To be honest, I can't remember.

> 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
> quote?
>

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?
>

> 6b) Who participated?

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs.

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Weren't you the first to have pics of this?

> 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

Oh, there were lots of people.

> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

Swoop.

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

two that *I* know of.

> 9b) Which was the largest?

The fist one?

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry Ditillo.

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?
>

> 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?
>

> 10d) When was the last time they did so?
>

> 11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?
>

> 11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

6?

> 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

M Sipher? Raksha? The Hartmans?

> TTT, was bored today....

So was BKK.

Brian Kilby

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99

Brian Kilby <ki...@gamespotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

> > 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Forgot to mention, does LordCykill count?

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Okay, just looking over these, and restraining myself mightily from going
to DejaNews, I think I can manage maybe half, if I'm lucky...

On Aug. 22, 1999, Thylacine 2000 wrote:

> PART 1: TransFans
>

> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?

No idea. Could've been HooksX, could've been DVD...

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Wasn't it one of the Stewart brothers? I remember they raised a big stink
about it being proof of Primal's return...no, wait, that was for TMet
Primal. Op Op...hmmm...no, don't recall.

> 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

That would've been Scorponok and Polar Claw/Barbearian/Grizzly-1. I think
DVD had scans from PREVIEWS up on his site fairly early, but a) I don't
know if he was first and b) I don't know if you're talking about pictures
of the boxed Megas IN THEIR BOXES...

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

Well, lost me there...not doing so good, am I.

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Oooh, maybe I can get this one. Ben "Wonko the Sane" Yee, M Sipher,
HooksX, Joona Palaste, Tengu, and Darcerin, among a few others.

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Oh, lost me on that one.

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Erg...Sipher was mentioned in a "thank you" from Dallas Middaugh, Ben's
site got picked as the #1 TF site on line...no idea otherwise.

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

Huh? Oh, Hasbro-LICENSED toys. That'd be the 3H group and Raksha.

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Man, and I've just been reading some of their posts, too...um...

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

You, Finback and Raksha

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Dave Van Domelen, H. Jameel al Khafiz, and...uh...

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Vulcana! Among many, many others.

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Urac "Ratbat" Sigma

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.

Finback...or is he from Tasmania?

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Many people will say Blue Jackal, I'm sure. I'll be contrary and say Jim
Ware. :-)

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Er, Steve Stonebraker, Alex?

> <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good. (Fire bad!)

> <Intermediate> Picard42

Jason Golieb

> <Hard> Raksha

Jovanka Kink, though she doesn't consider that her "real" name herself.

> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

Yep, that's a toughie, all right...

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

That one too...be easier (maybe) if his web site were still up. :-P

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

We've got ATT-ers married to each other? I knew that at least one or two
pairs were BF/GF or fiance(e)s, but...

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Cripes...H. Jameel "MegaBee Variations" Al Khafiz?

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
> and about what?

I have no idea, since I wasn't here until a few years thereafter, but I'm
betting it was either a "welcome" post or the group FAQ/charter.

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Rob Jung

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Chris Meadows...or Renaud Lefebvre, depending on your POV.

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

Kendrick Kerwin Chua's episode reviews spawned this nifty acronym for Evil
Invention/Alien Device, aka the Plot Mechanism o' the Week.

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky, curse his twisted soul. :-)

> 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

No idea.

> 17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
> actually "Death Czarus"?

Hydra.

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

For me, no one. I'm on a Mac. :-) However, I do need to use the "Option"
key to type "Túrin". (<Option>-E, then U, FWIW)

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

Hartman, Hartman and Hallit.

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl! :-)

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar, the big sweetie.

> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

Uh? Oooh...um, Stormwatch? No, wait, I think that's one of her cobras...

> 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
> her to choose the latter name?

Tsk...she's gonna berate me for not knowing this...

> 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

42

> 21b) ....Alex______

J33106 (Just had to hunt around the queue--but I didn't go to DejaNews!)

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

William Renfeld, bless his perservering li'l heart. :-)

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?

Er, I've completely forgotten. HooksX, maybe?

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

You know, this person was brought up again less than a month ago, and
already I've successfully re-blotted him from my mind. :-)

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?

I don't recall, but he was good for a fun thread for a while.

> 25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?
>
> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

Should know these, but don't...

> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

Finback

> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Well, Dinobot's usually does...

> 25e) ....from Rammstein?

Who?

> 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

Rob Powers (sometimes)

> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

HooksX

> 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

Er....

> 25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Rob Jung

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian (another Canadian)

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte Brogden

> 26d) ....of an earwig?

Urh?

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?

Shucks...his real name escapes me. Papa Pitufo...Mr. Chompy...

> 26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?
>
> 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

Again, familiar images that won't quite click.

> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Ugh...I *wish* I'd successfully expunged Big Daddy Zeus from my conscious
memory...

> 27b) What's his real name?

I never found out, nor do I care to do so.

> PART TWO: Discussions
>
> 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
> would end after season 3?

?_?

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Depends on whether you ever considered them "over" before they "restarted",
doesn't it? :-) Note: These aren't the thread titles by any means, just my
summation of their contents...
Decepticons: Evil or Not/What is "Evil"?
similarly...
Raksha: Just Different or Way Out There?

Why Won't (Hasbro/Fox/Takara/Ben Yee/God) Do What WE/I Want?!

> 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
> criticizing War Planets?

It had a subtitle?

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

Wow...I don't remember...

> 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
> quote?

Well, some Decep supporters have suggested Prime as being strongly
hypocritical, but I don't recall anyone mentioning "Nazi" per se...

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Far too long. :-)

> 6b) Who participated?

Far too many people. :-) Among them, Ian Hollis, Joona and Scylla (then
Grrrlgoyle, IIRC)

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

The Tri-Rex, which may or may not now be released.

> 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

No idea...

> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

Er, I lost track...

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Hmmm...two or three, depending on what you believe. There are either one
or two prototypes of a Unicron done for the G1 era, supposedly of two
different sizes. One is here at Hasbro, and was displayed at BC96. The
other is apparently at Takara. I don't know if these count as two separate
toys or just two size tests on a single toy. The other is the one Takara
showed off at a recent toy exhibition, the BW Neo Unicron. (Gorgeous
detail, a great horned planet mode, and it turns into a huge, horned
robot. No, it ain't movie-perfect, but it's still Unicron! NEO Unicron!
:-) )

> 9b) Which was the largest?

The one on display at BC96, I believe...the Neo is just a bit smaller, I
think.

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

[BOB/LARRY] or something close to that.

> 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

A LOT. :-) Not often enough, though.

> 10d) When was the last time they did so?

Larry was less than a month or so ago, I believe. Bob, sadly, stopped
posting some months ago, after someone else started spreading false info
under his email name...

> 11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

Nowadays? Never.

> 11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

Twelve by Steve and/or Tengu, plus unknown (if any) revisions of the FAQ
prior to Steve's taking it over.

> 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Steve himself, Tengu, Raksha, Ben Yee, Rob Jung, Kendrick Kerwin Chua,
Robert Powers, Zobovor, and many, many more.

Wow, at least 34 questions for which I had little or no idea of the
answer! Whoo-hoo! :-)

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
On Aug. 30, 1999, Doug Kern wrote:

> In article <37C9F95E...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>, Thylacine 2000
> <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> > 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.
>
> DVD, DOug DLin (I think) and er.. okay you got me

Sorry, my college major was Japanese, and my work's involved it less and less
these days...

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
On Aug. 30, 1999, Dave Van Domelen wrote:

> In article <37C9F95E...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>,
> Thylacine 2000 <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> > PART 1: TransFans

> > 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> > toys?
>

> Raksha, Hartmans at least. Doug wrote the english versions of the
> techspecs for the BotCon Japan exclusives, but those were not
> Hasbro-licensed, they were Takara-licensed.

Not to mention that, in a sense, I didn't WRITE them, as I just translated
someone else's original text--possibly Fumihiko Akiyama's, possibly Hirofumi
Ichikawa's, possibly Azusa Fujita's. Might even have been a group effort.
Thanks for the thought, though.

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

The Robot Train

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
> Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell
you
> you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about
trivia
> questions.

Whee! Time to show my ignorance! <:)

> Hey--your chocolate is in my peanut butter! No--my peanut butter is
in
> your chocolate! Two great tastes that taste great together!
> Ahem--excuse me. Anyway, what I've done is cobble together some
> questions designed to test your knowledge of ATT minutiae, past and
> present.
>
> Some of these questions are quite straightforward. Others are more or
> less impossible. However, I promise you that *all* of them deal only
> with subject matter that was addressed publically on ATT--so
> theoretically everybody *can* know everything.
>
> *USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*

But..but...it's the only way I can post...

> Finally, I apologize beforehand if anybody feels slighted by any of
> these questions. It's not like I'm ignoring anybody. I write down
> whatever questions I happen to think of, that's all. It's just for
fun,
> ladies and gentlemen, that's all....
>

> PART 1: TransFans
>
> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?

Sheesh..Tengu? I remember them on his site..

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?
>

> 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

Dinobot?

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

WWFF1, I believe.

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars
cartoon.

HooksX, Ben "Wonko" Yee, M Sipher, Darcerin<sp?>, Joona, Tengu, Rugby's
Starbase, um....

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Raksha?

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Walky, Ben Yee, M Sipher...?

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

Raksha an' 3H!

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Liquid Velcro!, Zobovor, ViceGripX..

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Woo! I know lots! Lessee, there's Doug "Monocle" Kern, Raksha, Liquid
Velcro!, you (Thylacine2000, SwiftEagle(who needs to post, darn
him...), Finback, um...that's 6...

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

DVD and HooksX, I think..

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Quezovercoatl

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Urac "Ratbat" Sigma, who I heard has changed her name..

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.

Um. Oops.

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue-Jackal.

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):

Whee!

> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Well, this isn't as bad a joke as those Lion King puns you pulled a few
months back...

> <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good.

> <Intermediate> Picard42

Matthew Rosenthal.

> <Hard> Raksha

Raksha. Seriously.

> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

Graham Weaver.

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

It's another Rob! Impersonator!

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Zobovor and Laurie Edwards/Endora60; and...I guess Rob Jung and Jade,
although I don't think I've seen Jade post..

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

The Almighty Megabee, although Hooks and Zobovor came awful close when
AOL let them..

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted
it,
> and about what?
>

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch. This is *tough*. :)

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Robotech_Master

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

Evil Invention/Alien Device, and I think KKC-Can't-Remember-His-Name
coined it..

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky, who needs to make Roomies bi-daily, dammit. I'm gonna petition!

> 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

I imagine someone who likes neon.

> 17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
> actually "Death Czarus"?

Hydra. But I still say "Deathsaurus" is better. :)

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Turin!

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

Hartman, Hartman, and Hallit! (that almost sounds like a law firm...)

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl Hartman, I think.

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar, whom I've heard wanted some Doritos at BC99.

> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

Aiee.

> 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
> her to choose the latter name?

Double aiee.

> 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

43!

> 21b) ....Alex______

J13306?

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfeld, poor WARendfeld..

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?

Dalmatian. It's okay, Dal, we forgive you.. :)

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

Pughead20!! I wish he'd come back..

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?

I wish I knew this one..

> 25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

Darzonique, yes?

> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

*shrug*

> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

Finback?

> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Dinobot. And was turned into a WWFF quote, too..

> 25e) ....from Rammstein?

Hydra.

> 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

Rob Powers, on occasion.

> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

Half of ATT at one point. /:) HooksX, ViceGripX, QuakerX...

> 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

Um...Perceptor Seeker of Ultimate Truths?

> 25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Rob Jung!

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla!

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian!

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte Brogden

> 26d) ....of an earwig?

Got me..

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?

> 26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?
>
> 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

I remember these three...

> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus, although he never earned the name..

> 27b) What's his real name?

Rob Cypher.

> PART TWO: Discussions
>
> 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW
cartoon
> would end after season 3?

"End Of An Era"

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Decepticons Good/Evil, Who's Who, and...um..

> 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
> criticizing War Planets?

"You actually believe Hooks?"

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

"Wonko's gone insane!"

> 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
> quote?

G2 Sureshot. *G2* Sureshot, dangit! Poor ol' G1 Sureshot is long
forgotten and mistaken for a Nazi. Such is the life of a Targetmaster.
I may have to rant on this.

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?
>

> 6b) Who participated?

*shameful sob*

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within
the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs.

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex, who's giving Magmasaurus a run for his money in the phallic-
ness department.

> 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?
>

> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

Got me twice..

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Three!

> 9b) Which was the largest?

Hm. The 1986 TFTM one?

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio!

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

"[LARRYBW]" and "[BOBBW]"

> 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

Not enough. :)

> 10d) When was the last time they did so?

Last year...? Early this year? Sheesh, 1999 went by so fast..

> 11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

Version 1? Never anymore. Sly one, Thy. :)

> 11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

5 or 6.

> 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Oye. Never said I couldn't go look it up on the web. >:)

Seriously, I dunno.

> TTT, was bored today....

Aw, no more? This was fun! :D

--
| therob...@yahoo.com |
| This Space | All hail the |

Neale Davidson

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99

> Oh, okay then. I had thought for the moment that she was trying so
> hard to be a Decepticon that she decided to reject her "human" name.

No, didn't have anything to do with that. Remember, Raksha is a name
from mythology having nothing to do with TFs. She's the one who made
the name connection to TFs. :>

> While not exactly "glad" that she had other reasons to change it,

> it is a comfort to me that the change is not attributable to
> psychosis :-)

*baps* No.. Raksha is, at worse, eccentric, despite what a number of
people around may say about her.

> Tell me, is her legal name just "Raksha," or does it
> have a surname as well

It's just Raksha. Easy to type. :>

Neale

Ratbat

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
In article <37C9F95E...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>,
Thylacine 2000 <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell
you
> you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about
trivia
> questions.

Cool! Hey, I...uh...do hope you're gonna post answers too!

> *USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*

Fair enough.

> Finally, I apologize beforehand if anybody feels slighted by any of
> these questions. It's not like I'm ignoring anybody. I write down
> whatever questions I happen to think of, that's all. It's just for
fun,
> ladies and gentlemen, that's all....

Fair enough. Oh, what the heck, if I think there aren't enough questions
about me, I'll just pretend they are.

> PART 1: TransFans
>
> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?
>

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

No idea, but I bet one of them's Benson Yee.

> 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?
>

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

Hmmm...this would no doubt be the grill structure bloke.

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars
cartoon.

MSipher, Ben 'Wonko the Sane' Yee, Darcerin, Hooks, Joona P...oh, wait!
3H! So there, that's eight right there! :)

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Nancy Copyrightbobforward1997.

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

Raksha and the 3H gang.

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Zobovor... nope, run out there.

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Finback, Raksha...and again, I fail.

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Wow, you're assuming I even know what a physical science *is*... Dave
Van Domelen?

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Me! Oh, all right, if I can't have that, Finback.

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.

They have Transfans in New Zealand? ;)

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Liam Kavanagh.

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>

> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Steven Stonebraker. Or is it Stephen Stonebreaker. Hey, this isn't easy
at all!

> <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good.

> <Intermediate> Picard42

Jean21 Luc21.

> <Hard> Raksha

Raksha. And that one's not hard.

!

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

Tennyson Gustenberg.

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

I know marriages, but not connections....

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Either Zob or Jameel, I imagine.

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted
it,
> and about what?

This I would *love* to know, but it was probably '$$$$ MAKE MONEY FAST!
$$$$'.

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?
>

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Raksha?

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

Kendrick Kerwin 'KKC' Chua popularised this abbreviation for 'Evil
Invention/Alien Device'.

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky.

> 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

John Kierstad.

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

Hartman, Hartman and Hallitt.

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

H.

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar.

> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?
>

> 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
> her to choose the latter name?

> 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

43

> 21b) ....Alex______

J-something.

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfeld.

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?

No idea.

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?
>

> 25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

Mikaal Tomas?

> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

McFly2015?

> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Over time, loads of people.

> 25e) ....from Rammstein?
>
> 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

HooksX.

> 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?
>

> 25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Robert A Jung.

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?
>

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?
>

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte Brogden.

> 26d) ....of an earwig?

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?
>
> 26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?
>
> 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?
>

> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?
>

> 27b) What's his real name?
>

> PART TWO: Discussions
>
> 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW
cartoon
> would end after season 3?
>

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

Women on the group, how old are people, When is TM2 Blackers comin' out.

?

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?
>

> 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
> quote?

No idea, though I'm *really* curious now.

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?
>
> 6b) Who participated?

Presumably, some of Ian 'ZetaCron' Hollis' minions.

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within
the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs.

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?
>

> 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?
>
> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?
>

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Three.

> 9b) Which was the largest?

The big one.

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Larry DiTillio, and Bob Forward.

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

BEASTBOB or LARRYBW.

> 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

A fair few.

> 10d) When was the last time they did so?

A while back.

> 11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

Not very often, I imagine.

> 11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

6ish.

> 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Steve Stonebraker, Raksha, me, Iggy Drougge, the Nixtr, Kendrick Kerwin
Chua, Ben Yee.

Daria 'Ratbat' Sigma, that was fun.

--
Urac Daria 'Ratbat' Sigma - rat...@rocketmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1778

Ratbat

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99

Picard42

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Douglas W. Dlin wrote in message <37CB7D9C...@texas.net>...

Okay, just looking over these, and restraining myself mightily from going
to DejaNews, I think I can manage maybe half, if I'm lucky...

> <Intermediate> Picard42

>Jason Golieb

No! Dear God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*cough*

Now that that's out of the way, Jason is PerceptorTFWW, not me. I'm sure
he'll have the exact same reaction.

--- Picard42, who's not THAT insulted, but will probably take a nice, long
shower anyway ;)

Terebi no Gureji

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
>> <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good

>> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Túrin!

>> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

McFly2015

>> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

Finback

>> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Dinobot?

>> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

HOOOOKS!!!!

>> 27b) What's his real name?

Would this be the owner of the hell-flame-wars.org domain, whose name you can
find out at www.yourname.com? And are BDZ and Cypher _really_the same guy?

>> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

Me. ::blushes::

arkn...@my-deja.com

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
100...@cc.curtin.edu.au>,

> Finback <eg...@cc.curtin.edu.au> wrote:
> > On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Thylacine 2000 wrote:
> >
> > > 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.
> > Zobovor, VicegripX and ... Maximus Prime? Or is it Goldimus?
> >

> I probably will work in a TRU somneday, but I haven't yet.And IIRC,
Maximus
> works in a library.I think ArkNorth works in a toy store.

Oh worst than that...

I might soon be MANAGING this here toy store!

A bit more than Merchandise Coordinator (which I am right now), which
is more commonly known was a Warehouse Manager.

Oie!

ArkNorth

Rgbystrbse

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
>> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.
> James Hooks, Darcerin, Joona Palaste, M "Not Xiphos" Sipher, sort
>of Matt from Rugby's Starbase, Ben Yee [Wonko] and Urac Sigma... yes! She
>was! The first! In "Power Surge"! "I'm a rat... not a bat!" :)

Actually, twice. Rugby's Starbase, and Colony Omicron... :)
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish
sometimes." --Dr. Who

Rugby's Starbase -http://members.aol.com/rgbystrbse
"Our work is play!"

The Robot Train

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
In article <7qg6a6$902$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

The Robot Train <therob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <37C9F95E...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>,
> Thylacine 2000 <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> > 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?
>
> Um...Perceptor Seeker of Ultimate Truths?

Argh! Just remembered this! It's not Perc...it's YOU, Thy! Yes, it was!
The quote was something like "Man hath no somethingsomething over the
animals, for all else is vanity"
Yes! It wassssss...

-TRT(I wasssss a mannnnnn....)

Túrin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
The Robot Train wrote:
> > 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?
>
> Turin!

Which of those letters did you get by pressing the alt key? They look
normal to me. Someday I'll find this Turin guy whose name is so similar
to mine.

Túrin

The (Unofficial) Official Beast Wars Non-Show Character Site
http://knoledge.org/NSCS/

Transformers Fanfic and Related Junk
http://knoledge.org/mormegil/

Dave Van Domelen

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
In article <37CC16...@SPAMBLOCKknoledge.org>,
Túrin <morm...@SPAMBLOCKknoledge.org> wrote:

>The Robot Train wrote:
>> > 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?
>>
>> Turin!
>
>Which of those letters did you get by pressing the alt key? They look
>normal to me. Someday I'll find this Turin guy whose name is so similar
>to mine.

SOME people still use 7-bit ASCII which is readable by everyone with a
roman character set, so plbbbbt. }-> For the record, in 7-bit ASCII, the
second letter of your name looks like a T that has sunk slightly. At least
in the VT100 font of 7-bit ASCII. My editor just gives up and replaces it
with a ? in editing mode, though.

Dave Van Domelen, notes pressing alt-anything in emacs generates various
editing commands, not new characters....

Túrin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Dave Van Domelen wrote:
> SOME people still use 7-bit ASCII which is readable by everyone with a
> roman character set, so plbbbbt. }->

<G>

> For the record, in 7-bit ASCII, the
> second letter of your name looks like a T that has sunk slightly. At least
> in the VT100 font of 7-bit ASCII. My editor just gives up and replaces it
> with a ? in editing mode, though.

Crummy ethnocentric software developers... ;-)

Túrin, who honestly had no idea his name would be so difficult when he
first got on Usenet

Prime Saber

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Doug Dlin wrote:

> On Aug. 22, 1999, Thylacine 2000 wrote:

> > 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
> > and about what?
>
> I have no idea, since I wasn't here until a few years thereafter, but I'm
> betting it was either a "welcome" post or the group FAQ/charter.

IIRC, it was both. ^_^

Tony Li, the Prime Saber, remembers using the green-text-only monitors back
then in 1992.

Index page to the Japanese and Beast Wars Transformers, including
pictures, videos, and my own models of Galvatron and God Ginrai --
http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/manwood/484/TF/TF.html

Thylacine 2000

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99

Ratbat wrote:

> Cool! Hey, I...uh...do hope you're gonna post answers too!

I will indeed, probably by Friday.

TTT, notes that there is one question that absolutely everybody who tried it
answered incorrectly.... and a few that only Ratbat, and nobody else,
answered correctly....

--

T T T

Random Cartoon Quote of the Day (from memory!):

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!"
--Daffy Duck, "Robin Hood Daffy"

PerceptorTFWW

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
"Douglas W. Dlin" wrote:

> > 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> > for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> > see it, everybody else could too....):
>

> > <Intermediate> Picard42
> >

> Jason Golieb

No! Dear God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*cough*

Now that that's out of the way, I'm Jason Golieb, not Picard42. I'm sure

he'll have the exact same reaction.

PerceptorTFWW (the one with the TFWW)

Túrin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
Kevin wrote:
> >18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?
> Turin! (I don't know the alt combination...)

ALT-163

Or there's always copy-and-paste.

Túrin

Doug Kern

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
In article <37CB8407...@texas.net>, ap...@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Aug. 30, 1999, Doug Kern wrote:
>
> > In article <37C9F95E...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>, Thylacine 2000
> > <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> >

> > > 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.
> >

> > DVD, DOug DLin (I think) and er.. okay you got me
> >

> Sorry, my college major was Japanese, and my work's involved it less and less
> these days...

D'Oh! Well I knew I would some lots of mistakes answering it, already
know a few that I remembered after I posted :p

--
Doug Kern
AKA Monocle
ICQ Page #:8793444
dke...@idt.net
Homepage: http://idt.net/~dkern2
Come visit the Shrine to Blackarachnia!:http://idt.net/~dkern2/Blackarachnia

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
On Aug. 31, 1999, Maximus Prime wrote:

> Tell me, is her legal name just "Raksha," or does it have a surname
> as well

Just "Raksha".

> (and I'd ask Raksha myself, but she hasn't responded to my emails in
> the past month. I think. . .hope?. . .it has something to do with
> her recent server switch. . .I don't *think* I was disrespectful to
> her. . .)

Nah, she was off on a trip to Germany with family, with a brief stop in
Britain for EuroBotcon. The report should be up on her web site soon.

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
On Aug. 31, 1999, PerceptorTFWW wrote:

> "Douglas W. Dlin" wrote:
>
> > > 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> > > for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> > > see it, everybody else could too....):
> >

> > > <Intermediate> Picard42
> > >

> > Jason Golieb
> >

> No! Dear God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>
> *cough*
>
> Now that that's out of the way, I'm Jason Golieb, not Picard42. I'm sure
> he'll have the exact same reaction.

He did, but because I saw his before yours, I apologized to him first. And
I'm afraid it's only one apology per mistake. I'll let you two argue over
it. :-)

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/31/99
On Aug. 31, 1999, Picard42 wrote:

> Douglas W. Dlin wrote in message <37CB7D9C...@texas.net>...

> Okay, just looking over these, and restraining myself mightily from going
> to DejaNews, I think I can manage maybe half, if I'm lucky...
>

> > <Intermediate> Picard42
>
> >Jason Golieb
>
> No! Dear God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>
> *cough*
>

> Now that that's out of the way, Jason is PerceptorTFWW, not me. I'm sure

> he'll have the exact same reaction.

Sorry, Pic. Went by the name at the bottom of the TFWW home page. Silly
me...

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Rajan Ragupathy

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
Ratbat wrote:

> > 9c) ....from New Zealand.
>
> They have Transfans in New Zealand? ;)

Hey! I resent that remark! ;-)

Best, Raptor (Kiwi and proud of it.)

--

Those who master others have force
Those who master themselves have strength.
-Confucius

Kevin

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
Might as well try my hand at this...

>PART 1: TransFans
>
>1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
>Fuzors?

Someone I know the name of but don't know which name fits....

>2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

See answer from above.

>3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

Ditto.

>3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
>satirized?

WWFF1 maybe?

>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

HooksX, Ben Yee, MSipher, Scylla, Joona, Matthew Warsocki, and Darcerin.

>4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
>from the episode.

Raksha

>4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

MSipher, Ben Yee, Walky, and LiquidVelcro!

>5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
>toys?

3H and Raksha.

>6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

LV and other people.

>7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

You, Mon, SwiftEagle, Raksha, and LV.

>8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

DVD.

>9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Quezovercoatl.

>9b) ....from Australia.

Urac Sigma.

>9c) ....from New Zealand.

Dunno.

>9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue Jackal.

>10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>see it, everybody else could too....):
>

><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker
Steve Stonebraker.
><Easy> Finback
Marcus Good

><Intermediate> Picard42

Matt Rosenthal.

><Hard> Raksha
Raksha or Jovanka Kink, take your pick.

><Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!
Zorak errm I mean Graham Weaver.

><Near-Impossible> Tengu
*shrugs*

>10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Star Saber and Arcee, and Zobovor and Endora.

>12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Jameel something... I can't remember how to spell his last name...

>13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
>and about what?

That was before my time.

>14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
>alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Rob Jung.

>14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Chris Meadows.

>15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
>use?

Evil Invention/Alien Device by KKC.

>16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky! I signed my name on the diaper....

>16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

Nobody?

>17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
>actually "Death Czarus"?

Hydral.

>18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?
Turin! (I don't know the alt combination...)

>19a) What does 3H stand for?
Hallit, Hartman and Hartman.

>19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl.

>20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar... big snake... scary snake!

>20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

Dunno....... probably another big scary snake....

>20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
>her to choose the latter name?

I don't know....

>21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

43.
>21b) ....Alex______

J33106. To the guys in #WiiGii!, it's NOT a hard number to remember! ;)

>22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfeld!

>22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
>the group in the first place?

That goofy lookin' guy in my BC photos, Dalmatian! :)

>23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
>bird?

Pughead20, and that's byrd, IIRC.

>24) Who was the "god trader"?

Afrojo!

>25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

Dunno.

>25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

Dunno.

>25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

Who?

>25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

X-Forcer/Dinobot. (My rigid grill structure...)

>25e) ....from Rammstein?
Hydra.

>25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?
Dunno.

>25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

HooksX

>25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

*shrugs*

>25i) ....from Frank Zappa?
Rob Jung. B-)

>26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla.

>26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian.

>26c) ....of a mermaid?
Charlotte Brogden.

>26d) ....of an earwig?
ViceGrip X

>26e) ....of Wheeljack?
Guy with the world's most deformed Wheeljack or Steven McCourger... I think
that's his name....

>26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?

Dunno.

>26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

Dunno.

>*DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
>27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus.

>27b) What's his real name?

Who cares?

>PART TWO: Discussions
>
>1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
>would end after season 3?

End of an Era.

>2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
>*twice* in the past chronological year.

The Decepticons are Good/Evil, Beast Wars sucks, and G1 sucks.

>3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
>criticizing War Planets?

Dunno. Never read any of them...

>4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

Wonko's Insane!

>5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
>quote?

Don't know.

>6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Too long.

>6b) Who participated?
People.

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
>last calendar year?
Animorphs.

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Don't know, never looked at any of the toys.

>7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

DVD

>8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

Jdale.

>9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

3.

>9b) Which was the largest?

The one shown at BC '96?

>10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob and Larry.

>10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
>that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

[LARRYBW] and [BOBBW]

>10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

Not enough times?

>10d) When was the last time they did so?

Sometime before or after Nemesis 2.

>11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

Never.

>11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

6?

>11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Steve-o, Tengu, Raksha, 3H and some other people...

Hmmm... I should look into more of this stuff...

Megat...@aol.com
Unyielding fury and rage have no LIVING opposition.
http://members.aol.com/Megatron33/index.html
TF CODE: G++++ FR+ #276 D++ AD++ N+++ W++ B++ OQP BC97 BC98++ BC99++ CN+++

HooksX

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
>>> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.
>> James Hooks, Darcerin, Joona Palaste, M "Not Xiphos" Sipher, sort
>>of Matt from Rugby's Starbase, Ben Yee [Wonko] and Urac Sigma... yes! She
>>was! The first! In "Power Surge"! "I'm a rat... not a bat!" :)
>>

>Actually, twice. Rugby's Starbase, and Colony Omicron... :)

Well gee, if you're gonna be like that, I can mention my two refences too. :)
"It is BEYOND IMAGINATION!" and "Subsector HOOKS." :) But no, our egos are not
inflated...

No. That's wrong. I lied.

(X) of the ever-inflated ego...

Joona I Palaste

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
Túrin <morm...@SPAMBLOCKknoledge.org> scribbled the following:
: Kevin wrote:
: > >18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

: > Turin! (I don't know the alt combination...)

: ALT-163

: Or there's always copy-and-paste.

: Túrin

REAL typers don't need any of those. REAL typers press the "accent" key
(located between + and backspace) and then the u key.

--
/-- Joona Palaste (pal...@cc.helsinki.fi) ---------------------------\
| Kingpriest of "The Flying Lemon Tree" G++ FR FW+ M- #80 D+ ADA N+++ |

SILVERBOLT - Mr. Vertigo himself

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
Joona I Palaste wrote:

> Túrin <morm...@SPAMBLOCKknoledge.org> scribbled the following:
> : Kevin wrote:

> : > >18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

> : > Turin! (I don't know the alt combination...)
>

> : ALT-163
>
> : Or there's always copy-and-paste.
>
> : Túrin
>
> REAL typers don't need any of those. REAL typers press the "accent" key
> (located between + and backspace) and then the u key.

Ah, but you're missing one step (unless you have a different type of
keyboard). You have to push the Alt gr key simultaneously with the
key you mentioned and then press 'u' to make it work.
--
Rikard Bakke
Swo...@xoommail.com

The Cybertron Chronicle
http://members.xoom.com/Swoop73/

Transformers Fan Code
G++ FR FW+ #66 D+ AA+ N++ W++ B++ OQP BC98++ BC99++ CN+++ OM+

Walkerton

Sep 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/1/99
>: ALT-163
>: Or there's always copy-and-paste.
>: Túrin
>REAL typers don't need any of those. REAL typers press the "accent" key
>(located between + and backspace) and then the u key.

There's things to be said for being an imaginary typer. :)

--Walky
Draws Roomies and thinks it's certainly more interesting.
wii...@hotmail.com
http://members.xoom.com/Walky

J.Kierstead

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Thylacine 2000 <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:

>Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell you
>you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about trivia
>questions.

What the hell, I'll give it a shot!

>*USING DEJANEWS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. NYEAH NYEAH.*

Rats! :-)

>PART 1: TransFans

>1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
>Fuzors?

Ben Yee?

>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Ben Yee aka Wonko, Rugby Starbase.... ugh, I know I'll remeber
tommorrow!

>4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Ben Yee again, Umm... dunno

>5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
>toys?

Raksha for Nightracer and 3h for the others?

Probaly knew those, but...

>10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>see it, everybody else could too....):
>
><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Steve Stonebreaker

><Hard> Raksha

At least it used to be Jovanka Kink (blame the Hartmans for me knowing
that... long story about BotCon 94) :-)

><Near-Impossible> Tengu

Ungh....! I should know this one. The spirit of Unicron is in the
butter!

>10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Gee that's hard... myself and Nice...@aol.com (Hey, GL, she's
already married!) and Zorbov and Laurie Edwards

>12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

Megabee!

>13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
>and about what?

Ungh... knew this one too...

>14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
>alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

forgot

>14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

same as 14a

>16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

Hey I know this one too... ME! Seriously. (check my .sig for my web
addy and go to "my collection" for the non-believers!) :-)

>19a) What does 3H stand for?

Jon hartman, Karl Hartman and Glen Hallitt (sp?)

>19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl

>20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

>20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
>her to choose the latter name?

Wolf, I think from Jungle Book?

>24) Who was the "god trader"?

Gambit 333?

>26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla

>26e) ....of Wheeljack?

Alex... umm... sorry.

>*DISHONORABLE MENTION*:
>
>27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zues

>27b) What's his real name?

Forgot, and don't care actually

>PART TWO: Discussions

>6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

Too long and waaaay too many threads for my kill filter

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
>last calendar year?

Animorphs

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

TriRex?

>7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

Almost everyone

>9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

3 I believe

>9b) Which was the largest?

The Japanese one (g1)

>10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Larry Ditiilio and Bob Forward

>11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

I think it used to be once a week

>11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Myself, uhh.... 3/4 of att

Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply.
|John Kierstead |
|jkier...@NOSPAMmeganet.net |
|DarrcRaven on ICQ, IRC, MS' Internet Gaming Zone & Battle.net |
|JKierst920 on AOL |
|http://members.aol.com/JKierst920/1985.html |
|Hasbro/Kenner Transfomer Collector |
| |
| "What does not destroy me shall make me strong... |
| What attempts to destroy me shall be obliterated" |
| -Tm2 Megatron |

Zobovor

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Thylacine 2000 nearly made my head explode:

> Anyway, what I've done is cobble together some questions >designed to test
your knowledge of ATT minutiae, past and
>present.

Great Cybertron, this is a doozie. I know I'm late in replying to this, and
no, I haven't been doing research or reading other people's responses. I think
my lack of correct answers will prove that. :)

>PART 1: TransFans

>1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and Fuzors?

Guessing Ben Yee...

>2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

See above...

>3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

Not Ben Yee, apparently, given the next question.

>3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
>satirized?

The one with the WWFF. No clue.

>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Joona, JHooksX, Tallories, Darcerin, Wonko, Zarak, Arcee, and
Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob.

>4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got
>cut from the episode.

Bwa-haa! The dreaded "Roc-shaan," a "blank protoform with no intelligence and
no spark." Gods, I would have loved to see that included... :)

>4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Um... Ben Yee, Lord CyKill... And Jon and Karl Hartman.

>5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
>toys?

Raksha (Nightracer), that guy from Men In Black whose name I can't remember
(Onyx Primal), and Jon and Karl Hartman (Fractyl, Packrat, Antagony, Windrazor,
and Sandstorm. Or did Furman write those last two?)

>6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

I'm such a heel. I can't think of a single one. :)

>7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Thylacine 2000, Raksha... Crap, I didn't study for this... :)

>8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Hell, I don't even know what physical sciences are...

>9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Thunderpunch!

>9b) ....from Australia.

Outback!

>9c) ....from New Zealand.

Um... uh... pass! Pass!

>9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue-Jackal! George! Swoop! The U.K. is rife with Transfans! :)

>10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>see it, everybody else could too....):
>
><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Steve O. Stonebraker. :)

><Hard> Raksha

Watch out, she'll flame you for this...

>10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

There are two?

>13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who >posted it, and
about what?

I could rattle off a list of the "old school" Transfans, but the truth is, I
have no idea... Burt Ward? Lizard? The Keeper of Primus?

>15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized
>its use?

I'll be interested in reading the answer to this...

>16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky! Woo hoo!

>16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

Tony Preto, as I recall...

>18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

The inimitable Tûrin. Wait, that's not right. Týrin. Tørin. I give up. :)

>19a) What does 3H stand for?

Jon Hartman, Karl Hartman, and Glen Hallitt.

>20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Blacky? :)

>20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

Avatar, right? The one who looks like a squash? :)

>21b) ....Alex______

Buncha Numbers.

>23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with
>a bird?

BWAHAHAA! I remember the post... Can't remember the name though... Tigatron?

>25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

The answer will hit me as soon as I send this post... I know it will.

>25f) ...from Beverly Crusher?

Rob Powers.

>25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

Tooks me a sec. Hooks. (X)

>25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Rob Jung.

>26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Grrgoyle. Scylla. Whatever.

>26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian!

>26c) ....of a mermaid?

>26d) ....of an earwig?

Oh, you're just making this up. :)

>26e) ....of Wheeljack?

Um... Whassisname... Mr Chompy.

>27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus.

>27b) What's his real name?

Piece O. Crap.

>PART TWO: Discussions

>1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW
>cartoon would end after season 3?

"Re: Great News for Waspinator!"

>2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at >least *twice*
in the past chronological year.

I'm gonna say Spoiler Space, Animorphs Suck, and Seaspray Needs a Throat
Lozenge.

>7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within
>the last calendar year?

Beast Wars Animorphs. Hey, it's what the TRU shipping labels say....

>7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

Tri-Rex, the Big Honkin' Tyrannosaurus Rex who splits up into Tyrannosaurus Rex
Bits Vaguely Remembling Humanoids!

>7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

VictoryLeo, probably.

>8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

JDale.

>9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

Three, to my knowledge. Two Takara prototypes and the BW Neo prototype.

>10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

This is a freebie. :)

>10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message
>header that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

LARRYBW. Cute idear, too.

>10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

How can you *not* know this without checking Deja.com? :)

>11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

Approximately every other Monday, as I recall...

>11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

You are making my brain hurt! Stop it!

Zobovor, who needs to drown himself in some Dr. Pepper.

ZobTrivia of the Day (9/2): Which three TMNT figures share names with
Transformers?

The TF episodes that reference birthdays: "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide";
"Chaos"; and "Surprise Party."

htto://members.aol.com/zobovor/index.html

Zobovor

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Rugby's Starbase wrote:

>Actually, twice. Rugby's Starbase, and Colony Omicron... :)

Okay, since we're all here, let me ask--are "Colony Omicron" and "Starbase
Rugby" of BW fame one and the same locale, or two different places?

Zobovor, who's dying to learn the truth... it's for the encyclopedia,
dontchaknow.

Picard42

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Zobovor wrote in message <19990902030848...@ng-bj1.aol.com>...

>>Actually, twice. Rugby's Starbase, and Colony Omicron... :)
>
>Okay, since we're all here, let me ask--are "Colony Omicron" and "Starbase
>Rugby" of BW fame one and the same locale, or two different places?

Well, since they're both references to the same place/person, I assume that
Starbase Rugby is located right near Colony Omicron, maybe as a line of
defense.

>ZobTrivia of the Day (9/2): Which three TMNT figures share names with
>Transformers?

I guess Rocksteady doesn't count? :)

--- Picard42, who just wanted code WWFF or something
www.fandome.com/tfww

Jack and Co.

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
> Thylacine 2000 nearly made my head explode:
>
> > Anyway, what I've done is cobble together some questions >designed to test
> your knowledge of ATT minutiae, past and
> >present.
>

> >PART 1: TransFans
>
> >1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and Fuzors?

Ben Yee

> >2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Ditto

> >3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

Oh, boy, don't know. Ben Yee?

> >3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> >satirized?

I dunno.

> >4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Tallories, Ben Yee, um a person, and 4 moe people?

> >4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got
> >cut from the episode.
>

> >4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.
>

>Ben Yee

> >5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> >toys?
>

> >6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.
>

> Zobovor, ZacWilliam (?), and a person

> >7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

Turin, Blue-Jackal (?)

> >8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.
>

> >9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Me!Me!Me!Me!Me!Me!Me!Me!Me!Me!

> >9b) ....from Australia.
>

> > >9c) ....from New Zealand.
>

> >9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue-Jackal

> >10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> >for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> >see it, everybody else could too....):
> >
> ><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker
>

> Steve O Stonebraker
>
> ><Hard> Raksha

> >10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.
>

> Zob and Laurie Edwards

> >13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who >posted it, and
> about what?
>

> >15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized
> >its use?
>

> >16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?
>

> Walky. Isn't he abvout ready for Pullups now?

> >16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?
>

> >18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?
>

> TÅ«rin

> >19a) What does 3H stand for?
>

> >20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?
>

> >20b) ....of her normal-colored python?
>

> >21b) ....Alex______
>
> 3311016?

> >23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with
> >a bird?

VictoryLeo? Airwalker

> >25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?
>

> >25f) ...from Beverly Crusher?
>
> Rob Powers.
>
> >25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?
>

> HooksX
>
> >25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

> >26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?
>

> Scylla

> >26b) ....of a talking dog?
>

> Every time you say Dalmatian

> >26c) ....of a mermaid?
>
> >26d) ....of an earwig?
>

> >26e) ....of Wheeljack?

> >27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?
>

> >27b) What's his real name?
>

> >PART TWO: Discussions
>
> >1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW
> >cartoon would end after season 3?
>

> >2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at >least *twice*
> in the past chronological year.
>

> >7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within
> >the last calendar year?
>

> Animorphs

> >7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?
>
> Tri-Rex

> >7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?
>
> VictoryLeo
>

> >8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?
>

> >9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?
>
> Three
>

> >10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?
>

> Bob Forward, Bob Backward :-), Larry DiTillio

> >10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message
> >header that someone wanted to bring to their attention?
>

> >10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?
>

> >11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?
>

> >11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.
>

> Octavulg

Steve-o Stonebraker

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Thylacine 2000 (gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu) wrote:
> Okay, so people have been talking about the surefire signs that tell you
> you've been on ATT too long. And they've also been talking about trivia
> questions.

Okay, it's my turn... I'm only going to answer the ones that I'm
surprised more people haven't gotten, and skip the ones we all know, or
that I don't. :)

> 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?
>

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

Well, the .sig quote in question is "My rigid grill structure is bearing
down on your unprotected cargo door," which came right after "Dinobot has
spoken." This Dinobot is *not*, however, MG-Dinobot. He's just a ATT
poster with a .sig the TFU'ers could never remember. And, so I guess he
must be the one that provided the Mega TM pictures, although I wouldn't
have known that...

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Everyone knows DVD belongs here, but not a single person has listed
me... :( There are a lot of us here, though... Jameel and Eric Pronko
are also physicists, IIRC.

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

I'm amazed at how many people managed to misspell my last name in their
answer, even though you have it right here... :)

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

Rob Gerlach, or something very close to that...

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Rob Jung, with many supporters.

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

The dude with the screen name that is so cool everybody automatically
likes him and does what he says.

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

As many people have remembered, it means "Evil Intention / Alien Device",
and the person who used it was the mighty Kendrick. *sob*

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfeld, with MG-Dinobot coming in a few fics later.

> 27b) What's his [BDZ] real name?

It definitely is not "Rob Cypher".

> 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
> criticizing War Planets?

I only remember the "War Planets and other CGI" part... then there was
the paranthetical, but it always reached past the edge of my column so I
don't remember it... :(

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

> 9b) Which was the largest?

There have been three different action figures (and a beachball), the
largest and ugliest of which was the first prototype, which we all saw at
BotCon 96.

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

As I recall, [LARRYBW] worked for both of them, but Bob might have gone
with his AOL screen name, BEASTBOB.

--Steve-o

Steve Stonebraker | alt.toys.transformers FAQ Keeper | Help end email spam!
srst...@bu.edu | http://astro.bu.edu/~srstoneb/ | http://www.cauce.org

Ari X

Sep 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/2/99
Zobovor wrote:

> Rugby's Starbase wrote:
>
> >Actually, twice. Rugby's Starbase, and Colony Omicron... :)
>
> Okay, since we're all here, let me ask--are "Colony Omicron" and "Starbase
> Rugby" of BW fame one and the same locale, or two different places?
>
> Zobovor, who's dying to learn the truth... it's for the encyclopedia,
> dontchaknow.

I once asked Larry about this and the colony was Omnicron not Omicron,
so that half wasn't a reference.

--
~Ar...@aol.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8076/arix.htm
****************
So everybody I know is a character on the show.
Right.
And it's about nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
****************

Star Saber

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99

Ari X <Ar...@aol.com> wrote in article <37CF04...@aol.com>...

> Zobovor wrote:
> >
> > Rugby's Starbase wrote:
> >
> > >Actually, twice. Rugby's Starbase, and Colony Omicron... :)
> >
> > Okay, since we're all here, let me ask--are "Colony Omicron" and
"Starbase
> > Rugby" of BW fame one and the same locale, or two different places?
> >
> > Zobovor, who's dying to learn the truth... it's for the encyclopedia,
> > dontchaknow.
>
> I once asked Larry about this and the colony was Omnicron not Omicron,
> so that half wasn't a reference.

Actually, I believe you have that reversed. Matt's fanfic character is
Omnicron and the colony mentioned on BW was Omicron - as in the Greek
alphabet.

-Star Saber

Douglas W. Dlin

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
On Sep. 2, 1999, Zobovor wrote:

> The TF episodes that reference birthdays: "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide";
> "Chaos"; and "Surprise Party."

Ahem...from Rob Powers' TF Quote List:
"As much as I'd love to see the both of you scrap yourselves... eh, save it for my
birthday."
-- Rattrap to Cheetor and Dinobot, "Gorilla Warfare"

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Sean Holshu

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
On 02 Sep 1999 06:58:15 GMT, zob...@aol.com (Zobovor) wrote:

>Thylacine 2000 nearly made my head explode:
>
>> Anyway, what I've done is cobble together some questions >designed to test
>your knowledge of ATT minutiae, past and
>>present.
>
>Great Cybertron, this is a doozie. I know I'm late in replying to this, and
>no, I haven't been doing research or reading other people's responses. I think
>my lack of correct answers will prove that. :)

>>4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

>Joona, JHooksX, Tallories, Darcerin, Wonko, Zarak, Arcee, and
>Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob.

Don't forget Tengu! :) I'll be damned if I know his real name though...

>>6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.
>
>I'm such a heel. I can't think of a single one. :)

Hah! Ok: Zob, Andrew Swiper (if I recall he worked at Kay Bee's), and does
ViceGripX count even though he works at Wal*Mart?

>>7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.
>
>Thylacine 2000, Raksha... Crap, I didn't study for this... :)

Um...does Finback work in the bio sciences too? I can't remember...

>>8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Dave Van Domelen, and um....Jameel....

>>9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Dalmatian!

>>9b) ....from Australia.

Darren Murphy! (this is from like 1996!)
Urac "Ratbat" Sigma.

>>9c) ....from New Zealand.
>
>Um... uh... pass! Pass!

Does Finback hail from here? Or is it Australia?

>>9d) ....from the United Kingdom.
>
>Blue-Jackal! George! Swoop! The U.K. is rife with Transfans! :)

martin McVay, Paul Wright, SicCoyote.

>>10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>>for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>>see it, everybody else could too....):
>>
>><Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker
>
>Steve O. Stonebraker. :)
>
>><Hard> Raksha

Jovanka Kink.

>>15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized
>>its use?

Oh Kendrick Kerwin "Yap" Chua, how we miss your episode summaries :( Evil
Intention/Alien Device is the EI/AD.

>>23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with
>>a bird?
>
>BWAHAHAA! I remember the post... Can't remember the name though... Tigatron?

pughead20?

>>25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?
>
>The answer will hit me as soon as I send this post... I know it will.

Darzonique?

>>26e) ....of Wheeljack?
>
>Um... Whassisname... Mr Chompy.

Stephen McCargar, aka Mr Chompy, papa pitufo...the list goes on :)

>>11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Raksha, Rob Jung, KKC, Jameel, Rob Powers, Lizard, msipher, Phil Zeman, and
um....oh yeah, ME! :)

__
To reply, remove the .nospam from the address
Sean Holshu

Seen on the alt.toys.transformers newsgroup:

Re: BEAST WARS ARE FOR CHILDREN
In article smitt...@aol.com says...
> It's really for kids.

So are Trix, but I don't exactly burst into flame every time I eat
cereal for breakfast. Beast Wars are for whoever likes them, so be gone,
ye of the troll-kingdom.

Tengu:<>

Thylacine 2000

Sep 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/4/99

> And now.... the answers! At least, the answers I thought were correct.
> For the questions that I never knew, and hoped others would provide
> answers to... well, sorry. /:)

> PART 1: TransFans
>
> 1) Who provided ATT with the first catalogue scans of Transmetals and
> Fuzors?

Tengu.

> 2) Who provided the first pictures of Optimal Optimus?

Ben Yee.

> 3a) Who provided the first pictures of boxed Mega Transmetals?

Accualt. (This is one of the questions that absolutely everybody missed,
btw....)

> 3b) In which World's Worst FanFic was that person's .sig-quote
> satirized?

Accualt's reference to Terrorsaur's "flaming anul probe" got into the
*first* WWFF.

> 4a) Name 7 Transfans who have been mentioned in the Beast Wars cartoon.

Hooks, M Sipher, Tengu, Wonko, Darcerin, Tallories, Joona, Scylla, 3H,
Rugby.....

> 4b) Name the Transfan who was mentioned in a BW *script* but got cut
> from the episode.

Raksha.

> 4c) Name 4 Transfans who have been mentioned in ToyFare magazine.

Ben Yee, M Sipher, Tonyfitz, and Greys-X (who's long gone) have all been
directly mentioned by the writers; Walky got a letter published in which he
made a veiled reference to Liquid Velcro!

> 5) Which Transfans have written the tech-specs for Hasbro-licensed
> toys?

3H, Raksha, MIB.

> 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.

Zobovor, Ari X, VicegripX, Robotech_Master, and arknorth are definites.
There are probably more.

> 7) Name 5 ATT-ers who study / work in the biological sciences.

SwiftEagle, Raksha, Liquid Velcro!, Monocle, Finback, C. Brickman Way, and
myself.

> 8) Name 3 ATT-ers who study / work in the physical sciences.

Dave Van Domelen, Steve Stonebraker, Jameel, and Brian Kilby. Again, there
are probably more I don't recall.

> 9a) Name an ATT-er from Canada.

Quezovercoatl, Dalmatian, Blackzarak, et al.

> 9b) ....from Australia.

Finback, Griffin, et al.

> 9c) ....from New Zealand.

Rajan Ragupathy.

> 9d) ....from the United Kingdom.

Blue-Jackal, George, Liam Kavanaugh.....

> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
> see it, everybody else could too....):
>
> <Giveaway> Steve-o Stonebraker

Aloysius Debadonger Habighorst.... wait, no.

> <Easy> Finback

Marcus Good.

> <Intermediate> Picard42

Matthew Rosenthal.

> <Hard> Raksha

Jovanka Kink. And if that's not her real name anymore, my mistake.

> <Very Hard> Liquid Velcro!

Graham Weaver.

> <Near-Impossible> Tengu

Robert Gerbracht.

> 10) Name *TWO* pairs of ATT-ers who are married to each other.

Zobovor/Endora60; J.Kierstaad and his wife who used to post a while back.
Rob Jung is, of course, married to Jade Hu, but I honestly don't remember
her posting to the group....

> 12) Which ATT-er has used the greatest number of screen-names?

I doubt that even Hooks and Zobovor, in the midst of their Rename Contests a
few months back, could rival "<Prefix> Megabee", a.k.a. Jameel.

> 13) When was the *very first* message posted to ATT--and who posted it,
> and about what?

I haven't the foggiest; I was hoping someone would tell me. When DVD said
he didn't remember, I sort of lost hope.... ;)

> 14a) Who was the chief proponent of the creation of
> alt.toys.transformers.marketplace?

Robert Jung.

> 14b) .....of rec.toys.transformers.moderated?

Renaud T. Lefebre was the one who intitiated the vote.

> 15) What does the anagram "EI/AD" signify? And who popularized its
> use?

Evil Invention / Alien Device; Kendrick Kerwin Chua.

> 16a) Who owns the Diapered Fortress Maximus?

Walky.

> 16b) Who owns all the G2 Protectobots?

J.Kierstaad.

> 17) Who first suggested that the TF:Victory Destron leader's name is
> actually "Death Czarus"?

The first person who said so on the group was Hydra.

> 18) Whose screen-name involves pressing the "alt" key?

Talt168urin.

> 19a) What does 3H stand for?

Jon Hartman, Karl Hartman, Glen Hallit.

> 19b) Which member of 3H is the tallest?

Karl Hartman, if memory serves.

> 20a) What's the name of Raksha's albino python?

Avatar.

> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?

The one that was definitely mentioned on the group is Sundari.

> 20c) What species of animal was the subject of the book that inspired
> her to choose the latter name?

The leopard.

> 21a) Fill in the numbers: Trixter_____

43.

> 21b) ....Alex______

33106 (and I forgot the "J" that preceded it; d'oh!)

> 22a) Whose fanfics were the WWFFs originally supposed to spoof?

WARendfeld.

> 22b) Which ATTer was that person's inspiration to post his stories to
> the group in the first place?

Dalmatian.

> 23) Who asked whether sleeping with Airazor was like sleeping with a
> bird?

Pughead20.

> 24) Who was the "god trader"?

Gambit333, if memory serves.

> 25a) Whose .sig says he's the "one true blue dude"?

Darzonique.

> 25b) Whose .sig features a quote from "Back to the Future"?

McFly2015. (Ratbat got this one!)

> 25c) ....from H.P. Lovecraft?

Finback.

> 25d) ....from Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Dinobot (not the MG one, the "rigid grill structure" one).

> 25e) ....from Rammstein?

Hydra.

> 25f) ....from Beverly Crusher?

Rob Powers (sometimes).

> 25g) ....from the alphabet between "w" and "y"?

Hooks.

> 25h) ....from the book of Ecclesiastes?

Carcharodon. Heh heh. (TheRobotTrain remembered....)

> 25i) ....from Frank Zappa?

Robert Jung.

> 26a) Whose .sig features/featured ASCII art of a squid?

Scylla.

> 26b) ....of a talking dog?

Dalmatian.

> 26c) ....of a mermaid?

Charlotte Brogden.

> 26d) ....of an earwig?

ViceGrip X.

> 26e) ....of Wheeljack?

Stephen McCargar. I think only Sean Holshu got this one....

> 26f) ....of a Decepticon logo inside a box?

Troy Ledgerwood.

> 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

Ya know, I thought for sure it was Malin Huffman, but a Deja search revealed
no such .sig. It did, however, reveal the unpleasant fact that he and
Unicron2K5 are one and the same.... this was unpleasant because U2K5 would
have been my second guess. So I'm clueless. Does anybody know?

> *DISHONORABLE MENTION*:

> 27a) What do the initials "BDZ" stand for?

Big Daddy Zeus.

> 27b) What's his real name?

Dimas Nava, and *not* Rob Cypher as almost everybody thought.

> PART TWO: Discussions
>
> 1) What was the title of the thread that announced that the BW cartoon
> would end after season 3?

I was aiming for "Beast Wars: End of an Era" here, though I think "Beast
Wars: Generation Two" was mentioned at or about the same time.

> 2) Name *three* debates that have *each* taken place on ATT at least
> *twice* in the past chronological year.

These all were explored in some depth.

> 3) What was the *subtitle* of the thread that was devoted to
> criticizing War Planets?

You guys actually believe Hooks?

> 4) What was the title of the thread announcing Ben Yee's marriage?

Wonko's no longer SANE!

> 5) Which TransFormer has been decried as a Nazi due to its tech-spec
> quote?

G2 Sureshot. The German translation of his multilingual tech-spec lists his
function as "AnFuhrer". That's enough for me, at least. >:)

> 6a) For how long did the Flying Fruit Tree Wars last?

It felt like about 5 weeks....

> 6b) Who participated?

I know Joona, Scylla, Tykus, and Alan3 took part.... can't remember others.
I was hoping the participants would. ;)

> 7a) What toy line with the "TransFormers" logo on it debuted within the
> last calendar year?

Animorphs.

> 7b) What is the name of that line's sole combiner team?

TriRex.

> 7c) Who first suggested that this line had been cancelled?

Dave Van Domelen.

> 8) Who started the most recent series of "Who's Who on ATT" postings?

JDale.

> 9a) How many as-yet-unreleased toys based on Unicron have there been?

3.

> 9b) Which was the largest?

The one revealed at Botcon '96, which was more or less Fort Max sized.

> 10a) Who were the story editors for the Beast Wars cartoon?

Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio.

> 10b) What was the prefix they said should be put in any message header
> that someone wanted to bring to their attention?

[LARRYBW] and/or [BEASTBOB]

> 10c) How many times did they post messages to ATT?

All told, the two editors posted a total of over 150 messages to the two
BW-friendly groups. (Since *I* wasn't being quizzed, I was of course free
to use Deja. *g* )

> 10d) When was the last time they did so?

Late August of 1998.

> 11a) How often is version 1 of the FAQ posted to the group?

Hey, I thought version 1.0 appeared at the same time as the latest
version--which is more or less weekly. Apparently it doesn't. D'oh.

> 11b) How many versions of the FAQ have there been?

It's up to 6.0 at last posting.....

> 11c) Name 8 Transfans who are mentioned in the FAQ.

Lizard, Dave Van Domelen, Ben Yee, Raksha, Hex, Kendrick Kerwin Chua, Walky,
Skyjammer..... and many more, of course., and myself.

Thanks and congrats to everybody who tried.... and apologies to everybody
who was hoping to find out what the first ATT message was or who possessed
the "Then it pleases me to be the first...." ASCII-art masterpiece .sig.
The truth is out there....

TTT, thinks he'll compose another one of these someday....

--

T T T

Random Cartoon Quote of the Day (from memory!):

"I've seen a match box; I've seen a board walk; I've seen a needle that
winked its eye; but I'll be done seeing about everything when I see an
elephant fly!"
--Crow, "Dumbo"

Thylacine 2000

Sep 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/4/99

Thylacine 2000 wrote:

> > 26g) ....of Unicron summoning Megatron?

Ahh, my memory finally kicked in, and Deja cooperated....

It was Beny Spensieri!

TTT, now if only I knew what the first ATT message had been....

ViceGripX

Sep 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/4/99
Thylacine 2000 wrote...

>> And now.... the answers! At least, the answers I thought were correct.
>> For the questions that I never knew, and hoped others would provide
>> answers to... well, sorry. /:)

[sniparooni]

>> 26d) Whose .sig features an ASCII representation of an earwig?
>
>ViceGrip X.

Really? TO be honest, I don't recall that, but I don't doubt it. In my
search for an ASCII *anything* that would fit my name I suppose there was an
earwig somewhere along the line. If you could direct me to the post, I'd
love to see it and perhaps utilize it again (unless it's sooooo hideous that
I'd be embarrassed to do so <g>).

--
There are always naysayers that will say nay.
I'm happier than a Terrorcon with two connector pegs!!
Wear a Stampy around your neck, you'll get chicks!
You can't surrender if you're always running away...

+ /|(http://www.wildrun.com/)|\ Help! My .sig
+ p / |(email: v...@wildrun.com)| \ was stuck in a
+NNON| |NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN| |NN vise by
+ b \_|=========================|_/=O Dave Van Domelen!

TF Fancode: G+++ FR FW+ M++ #459 D+++ ADA N+++ W++ B+++ OP++ MUSH-- BC+++
CN++++ OM P277

Ari X

Sep 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/4/99
Thylacine 2000 wrote:

> > 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.
>
> Zobovor, Ari X, VicegripX, Robotech_Master, and arknorth are definites.
> There are probably more.

I have been living a lie for too long. I have not, do not, and most
likely will never work in a toy store. I just put my name in as a
joke. Please...forgive me.

Thylacine 2000

Sep 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/4/99

ViceGripX wrote:

> >> 26d) Whose .sig features an ASCII representation of an earwig?
> >
> >ViceGrip X.
>
> Really? TO be honest, I don't recall that, but I don't doubt it. In my
> search for an ASCII *anything* that would fit my name I suppose there was an
> earwig somewhere along the line. If you could direct me to the post, I'd
> love to see it and perhaps utilize it again (unless it's sooooo hideous that
> I'd be embarrassed to do so <g>).

Errr..... it's still there now. Wait--you meant a *literal* vise? I thought it
was a pun, and those were supposed to represent the toy ViceGrip's
characteristic earwig posterior-mounted pincers.

TTT, hates to think that he got an animal-related question wrong....

Dave Van Domelen

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
In article <37D1B52A...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu>,

Thylacine 2000 <gre...@NOSPAMfas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> 10) Provide the *real* names for the following TransFans (ooh, I'm in
>> for it now... seriously folks, I just read what I see, and if I could
>> see it, everybody else could too....):
>>
>> <Hard> Raksha
>
>Jovanka Kink. And if that's not her real name anymore, my mistake.

Well, as I pointed out, it's still her *legal* name last I checked.
But I think you meant legal, even though you said real. Her real name's been
Raksha since before I met her in 1992.

>> 20b) ....of her normal-colored python?
>
>The one that was definitely mentioned on the group is Sundari.

Well, her older nomral-colored python is Javelin. Sundari's a later
addition. And at any time, she may have as many as a dozen or so, when she's
just finished a successful breeding season (well, when one of her snakes
has).

Oh, and for what it's worth, the very first post to a.t.t was probably
only seen by the person who posted it. Given the somewhat staggered way
newsgroups get added, I doubt more than a few dozen people got the group the
first day it was out there. In Fall of 1992 or 1993 (memory's fading as I
age), Jameel told me that a.t.t had been created, and I bugged the local
system to add it. In any case, the group is older than Dejanews, so the
first few years wouldn't be archived.

Dave Van Domelen, feeling very very old....

Zobovor

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
Douglas W. Dlin wrote:

>Ahem...from Rob Powers' TF Quote List:
>"As much as I'd love to see the both of you scrap yourselves... eh,
>save it for my birthday."
>-- Rattrap to Cheetor and Dinobot, "Gorilla Warfare"

THANK you! I wanted to add this, but I could not remeber for the life of me
which episode it was from. :)

Douglas W. Dlin

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99

Tsk...you must make use of your web resources, young Zobovor! :-)

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

ViceGripX

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
arkn...@my-deja.com wrote...

>> I have been living a lie for too long. I have not, do not, and most
>> likely will never work in a toy store. I just put my name in as a
>> joke. Please...forgive me.
>
>We who work in the Temples of Toys must now have a sacrifice! Zob,
>bring the virgin Mega TMII BA. Vice, present the Silverbolt in attack
>mode. Robotech_Master, invoke the works of the all mighty Prime!
>Beseech the all knowing Hasbro for rectification! And Thank the Titans
>of Takara for the sacrifice we now give them!

BWAH AHAHA AHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAH! That's the second funniest thing I've
read tonight!

>Kup takes a swig of his Hi-Ball, and turns the page of his Cybertron
>Today. "Get off the bar A-N!" he grumbles. "Yer emabarrassing
>Beachcomber!"
>
>"Yea, and like you marring the wood, man!" Beach added.
>
>A-N got off the bar, sat back down on his stool, and quietly finished
>off his root-beer.
>
>The rest of the ATT continued to ignore him.

Nah. Why would you think that? Everyone gets ignored every once in a
while. It's part of being in this great big TF family.

Group hug everyone! :-)

arkn...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/6/99
In article <37D1C6...@aol.com>,
Ar...@aol.com wrote:

> Thylacine 2000 wrote:
>
> > > 6) Name 3 ATT-ers who work or have worked in toy stores.
> >
> > Zobovor, Ari X, VicegripX, Robotech_Master, and arknorth are
definites.
> > There are probably more.
>
> I have been living a lie for too long. I have not, do not, and most
> likely will never work in a toy store. I just put my name in as a
> joke. Please...forgive me.

We who work in the Temples of Toys must now have a sacrifice! Zob,
bring the virgin Mega TMII BA. Vice, present the Silverbolt in attack
mode. Robotech_Master, invoke the works of the all mighty Prime!
Beseech the all knowing Hasbro for rectification! And Thank the Titans
of Takara for the sacrifice we now give them!

Kup takes a swig of his Hi-Ball, and turns the page of his Cybertron

Today. "Get off the bar A-N!" he grumbles. "Yer emabarrassing
Beachcomber!"

"Yea, and like you marring the wood, man!" Beach added.

A-N got off the bar, sat back down on his stool, and quietly finished
off his root-beer.

The rest of the ATT continued to ignore him.

ArkNorth
Just another lunch hour at the Cybertornian Single's Bar

http://www.familytoy.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Zobovor

Sep 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/6/99
arknorth wrote:

>We who work in the Temples of Toys must now have a sacrifice!
>Zob, bring the virgin Mega TMII BA. Vice, present the Silverbolt in
>attack mode. Robotech_Master, invoke the works of the all mighty
>Prime! Beseech the all knowing Hasbro for rectification! And Thank
>the Titans of Takara for the sacrifice we now give them!

If I really had a virgin Mega TM2 Blackarachnia, do you really think I'd give
her to *you*? <naughty grin>

ZobTrivia of the Day (9/5): In the credits for the third season of TFs, which
scene is shown twice?

Answer (9/2): The three names used by TMNT and TF figures are Hot Spot, Chrome
Dome, and Sandstorm.

htto://members.aol.com/zobovor/index.html

Prime Saber

Sep 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/6/99
Dave Van Domelen wrote:

> In Fall of 1992 or 1993 (memory's fading as I
> age), Jameel told me that a.t.t had been created, and I bugged the local
> system to add it. In any case, the group is older than Dejanews, so the
> first few years wouldn't be archived.

ATT definitely has been around since the fall of 1992. I remember that
since I first went to college that semester. ^_^

> Dave Van Domelen, feeling very very old....

Don't lose any gray hair worrying over that. ;)

Tony Li, the Prime Saber

Index page to the Japanese and Beast Wars Transformers, including
pictures, videos, and my own models of Galvatron and God Ginrai --
http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/manwood/484/TF/TF.html

Skyflight

Sep 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/7/99
Thylacine 2000 <gre...@nospamfas.harvard.edu> wrote:
: TTT, now if only I knew what the first ATT message had been....

The first article on ATT was the original control message that created the
group. It was posted by bcan...@nyx.cs.du.edu (Macky Stingray) on the 12th
of September 1993. Control messages are often cross-posted to alt.config and
the group they intend to create, and this is definitely the case with ATT. So
techincally, this was the first article.

If you want to know the first non-control article, I would have to say the
question really doesn't have a correct answer. For those that aren't
familiar with how Usenet works, newsgroups aren't stored in a central
location. A user inserts an article into the news stream and it goes out
into various newsfeeds and from there to individual ISPs. The articles
don't all take the same path and spread with different speed, and the feeds
were much less reliable in 93. Well, for example, say Macky posted a welcome
article to ATT right after he posted the control message. Well, the group
may not have existed on most ISPs (mostly universities at the time) because
they didn't automatically add alt groups. If the group didn't exist, the
article would have been lost. Someone else might have posted after the group
was created on that particular ISP and that article would be the first one
on ATT for that ISP. It all depends on when the group was added to an ISP as
to what the first article was for that ISP. So I just don't think there is
a single correct answer.

--
Skyflight - Decepticon, ATTCM co-moderator, and Anti-Spam crusader
"And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon that is dreaming."

Any questions about ATTCM? http://www.concentric.net/~beavis/attcm

arkn...@my-deja.com

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99
In article <19990906012912...@ng-fr1.aol.com>,

zob...@aol.com (Zobovor) wrote:
> arknorth wrote:
>
> >We who work in the Temples of Toys must now have a sacrifice!
> >Zob, bring the virgin Mega TMII BA. Vice, present the Silverbolt in
> >attack mode. Robotech_Master, invoke the works of the all mighty
> >Prime! Beseech the all knowing Hasbro for rectification! And Thank
> >the Titans of Takara for the sacrifice we now give them!
>
> If I really had a virgin Mega TM2 Blackarachnia, do you really think
I'd give
> her to *you*? <naughty grin>

Yea, I hear she's shorted in the case!

Ark'