M Sipher is Dead

M Sipher

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
Zob <zob...@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20000813231714...@ng-fa1.aol.com...

> ...Or he must be, or otherwise he'd respond to my e-mails... :)

M "Rot, Decompose, Rot, Decompose" Sipher
--
King Weasel Productions - home of the productions of King Weasel!
Transformers, RockMan, original art, the solutions to all life's problems

Dw

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
O now your gonna give Sipher a Hooks complex

--
D "I would do like him, but quite frankly I am too lazy and not that
creative" w
"M Sipher" <msi...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Zepherimus

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
>> ...Or he must be, or otherwise he'd respond to my e-mails... and finish
the damn Pheonix War !

M "Rot, Draw Things, Decompose,Randomly Capitalize Words, Rot, Draw More
Things , Decompose" Sipher

Razorclaw X

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:38:20 -0400, "M Sipher"
<msi...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Zob <zob...@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>> ...Or he must be, or otherwise he'd respond to my e-mails... :)

>M "Rot, Decompose, Rot, Decompose" Sipher

"DEEEE-COMMM-POSEEEEE!!!"

Duo Maxwell

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

> O now your gonna give Sipher a Hooks complex

We really needed to bring that April Fool's joke into it?

(Though I could have used it as ammo back when we were arguing comics and
why I hate Marvel and other sundry superhero books...
Damn. Oh well, I didn't wanna get into a flamewar anyhow... Unless it
involves polyhedral dice and high level magic users....)

Zob

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Duo Maxwell wrote:

> Oh well, I didn't wanna get into a flamewar anyhow... Unless it
>involves polyhedral dice and high level magic users....)

You're such a git. Waving around the word "polyhedral" like you patented the
term or something. How pretentious can you get? Why don't you talk like a
real person and say 20-sided dice so people actually know what you mean?

...Wait, that's not quite where you were going with that, was it?

Zobovor...

DarkClaw

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
In article <SsKl5.3917$K5.6...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>,

"Dw" <dwlo...@satx.rr.com> wrote:
> O now your gonna give Sipher a Hooks complex

If it means getting even half the number of women Hooks seems to get, I
doubt Sipher will complain :)

Besides, he'll just be resurrected in a few months as a TM2 anyway.

"Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you
aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a
kneecap off the world..."

--Spider Jerusalem, "Transmetropolitan"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Humberto Zamora

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Duo Maxwell wrote:

> > O now your gonna give Sipher a Hooks complex
> >
> We really needed to bring that April Fool's joke into it?
>
> (Though I could have used it as ammo back when we were arguing comics and
> why I hate Marvel and other sundry superhero books...
> Damn. Oh well, I didn't wanna get into a flamewar anyhow... Unless it

> involves polyhedral dice and high level magic users....)

mmmmmm, polyhedral dice...<sticks tounge out and gurgles>
-Kronatron pi. tired.

Humberto Zamora

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
Zob wrote:

> Duo Maxwell wrote:
>
> > Oh well, I didn't wanna get into a flamewar anyhow... Unless it
> >involves polyhedral dice and high level magic users....)
>
> You're such a git. Waving around the word "polyhedral" like you patented the
> term or something. How pretentious can you get? Why don't you talk like a
> real person and say 20-sided dice so people actually know what you mean?
>
> ...Wait, that's not quite where you were going with that, was it?
>
> Zobovor...

mmmmmmm, 20 sided pies.......

-Kronatron pi. tired. hungry.

Shard Fields or Megasomething

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00
>> ...Or he must be, or otherwise he'd respond to my e-mails... :)

>M "Rot, Decompose, Rot, Decompose" Sipher

Say hi to Hooks for me! ^_^

Megasomething, wondering if anyone can remember back to April Fools Day. ^_^
.sig requires 2 AA batteries
Shard Fields on AGNP
Megasomething on ATT
Andromon X on AFD
Team Rocket member
Evil Predacon (Diversive Tactics Expert)
Virus type
Member of Butch & Cassidy fanclub
Gatomon worshipper
BIG fan of Izzy & Tentomon

Duo Maxwell

Aug 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/14/00

> Duo Maxwell wrote:
>
> > Oh well, I didn't wanna get into a flamewar anyhow... Unless it
> >involves polyhedral dice and high level magic users....)
>
> You're such a git. Waving around the word "polyhedral" like you patented
the
> term or something. How pretentious can you get? Why don't you talk like
> real person and say 20-sided dice so people actually know what you mean?
>
> ...Wait, that's not quite where you were going with that, was it?

D&D uses 6 types of dice.
With multiple sides to each type.
And Polyhedral IS the correct term.
Some systems only use 1 type of dice.

So sorry I dont wanna talk in simple brainless netspeak.
(To make u happy 4ever. That sounds like ass. I'll stick to semicorrect
grammar thank you.)

Shard Fields or Megasomething

Aug 14, 2000, 9:28:13 PM8/14/00

>>M "Rot, Decompose, Rot, Decompose" Sipher
>
>Say hi to Hooks for me! ^_^

If I'd checked first, I'd have seen that someone beat me to it...

Megasomething, fools rush in... Nobody say anything, or I will personally shove
McBratsqueal (McNightscream) up your [CENSORED]

Scarab8006

Aug 14, 2000, 9:49:48 PM8/14/00
>Besides, he'll just be resurrected in a few months as a TM2 anyway.

Siphobot has spoken! His rigid grill structure...

BW Sidecutter

Aug 14, 2000, 11:18:06 PM8/14/00
>>Besides, he'll just be resurrected in a few months as a TM2 anyway.
>
> Siphobot has spoken! His rigid grill structure...

Someone PLEASE tell me which TFWW that's from?

BW Sidecutter Http://connect.to/DSNPort91881

Winner of TF Legion's Char Creation Contest

Ult-Storm - Best TF of the 2nd 1/2 of 2K

Get paid just to be logged online.
http://www.DesktopDollars.com/default.asp?id=Sidecutter

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
On Aug. 15, 2000, BW Sidecutter wrote:

>>> Besides, he'll just be resurrected in a few months as a TM2 anyway.
>>
>> Siphobot has spoken! His rigid grill structure...
>
> Someone PLEASE tell me which TFWW that's from?

Initially, it wasn't. A poster going by the handle of Dinobot had a
.sig file that read "Dinobot has spoken," followed by an MST quote. For
a while, it was a Tom Servo quote from the experiment RIDING WITH DEATH.
The sig read more or less like this:

Dinobot has spoken.

"My rigid grill structure is bearing down on your unprotected cargo
door."--Tom Servo

However, many people only remembered as far as the "grill structure"
bit, and putting the two sentences together, it sounded like he was
pretending Dinobot himself was saying it. So a whole bizarre running
gag started up around Dinobot's rigid grill structure, culminating in
someone getting Scott McNeill to say the line in Dinobot's voice at
BC98. I had the distinct honor of explaining to him just what the hell
the joke was after the panel. :-)

Unfortunately, I never got to do the same for Ian Corlett and the "I
like pie!" line. Just as well; I'm still not sure of the exact origin
of that anyway. I *think* it just began as a joke by Hooks to
typify/exaggerate Cheetor's boyish idiocy for WWFF-type humor, but I'm
not certain.

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Jeff Stein

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
>Unfortunately, I never got to do the same for Ian Corlett and the "I
>like pie!" line. Just as well; I'm still not sure of the exact origin
>of that anyway. I *think* it just began as a joke by Hooks to
>typify/exaggerate Cheetor's boyish idiocy for WWFF-type humor, but I'm
>not certain.

IIRC, there was an extra on a Japanese BW laser disk that had profiles of the
Maximals. It listed Cheetor as liking pie /:) That is, if my memory isn't
failing me... :) Oh well!

-Jeff
|\//\\\\ ___ / \/|
|\\\@\\\/___\/ /@ |
|\\\\// / \ -----/ \ / |
|\\\\\\ //___\ / __|
|\\\|\\\\ \___/ /___| |
\\\ |\\\__ | |\\__/ |_/|
||\\|\\| /| | | | | |
||\\|\\| ___ | | | |
||\\|\\\\______// / | |
Ascii Hawk Saber

Picard42

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
"Douglas W. Dlin" wrote:

> Initially, it wasn't. A poster going by the handle of Dinobot had a
> .sig file that read "Dinobot has spoken," followed by an MST quote. For
> a while, it was a Tom Servo quote from the experiment RIDING WITH DEATH.
> The sig read more or less like this:
>
> Dinobot has spoken.
>
> "My rigid grill structure is bearing down on your unprotected cargo
> door."--Tom Servo
>
> However, many people only remembered as far as the "grill structure"
> bit, and putting the two sentences together, it sounded like he was
> pretending Dinobot himself was saying it. So a whole bizarre running
> gag started up around Dinobot's rigid grill structure, culminating in
> someone getting Scott McNeill to say the line in Dinobot's voice at
> BC98. I had the distinct honor of explaining to him just what the hell
> the joke was after the panel. :-)
>

> Unfortunately, I never got to do the same for Ian Corlett and the "I
> like pie!" line. Just as well; I'm still not sure of the exact origin
> of that anyway. I *think* it just began as a joke by Hooks to
> typify/exaggerate Cheetor's boyish idiocy for WWFF-type humor, but I'm
> not certain.
>

> Doug Dlin
> ap...@hotmail.com

That's about right. It was just a line that Hooks put in the first
WWFF. It may or may not have come from somewhere, but we'll probably
never know, since Hooks himself doesn't remember. I'm glad someone
explained to Mr. McNeil what the rigid grill structure line meant, as he
appeared a bit taken back by it. I don't suppose anyone's explained
"hungry" TALK FOR YOU to him as well? :)

--- Picard42
www.fandome.com/tfww

Scylla

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
"Douglas W. Dlin" wrote:

> Unfortunately, I never got to do the same for Ian Corlett and the "I
> like pie!" line. Just as well; I'm still not sure of the exact origin
> of that anyway. I *think* it just began as a joke by Hooks to
> typify/exaggerate Cheetor's boyish idiocy for WWFF-type humor, but I'm
> not certain.

I explained it to Ian Corlett and Alec Willows when I took my airport
shuttle ride with them after BotCon. :)

--
+Scylla aka Grrrlgoyle
+ ^

Picard42

Aug 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/15/00
"Aaron F. Bourque" wrote:

> Picard42 (mmr...@psu.edu) howled at the mono:
>
> >"hungry" TALK FOR YOU
>
> Where the hell did *that* one come from?
>
> Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque
>
> --
> Being grown up all the time is only a sign of immaturity.
>
> Come on, people! Grow up! Act stupid!

It came from the MG-Dinobot fic, Dinobot's Old Technology. When we
discovered it, we put it in one of our fics and it's been an inside joke
ever since.

For the record, we think it actually means "angrily" SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!

--- Picard42
www.fandome.com/tfww

Aaron F. Bourque

Aug 15, 2000, 10:05:36 PM8/15/00

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 16, 2000, 2:20:56 AM8/16/00
On Aug. 15, 2000, Scylla wrote:

> "Douglas W. Dlin" wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately, I never got to do the same for Ian Corlett and the "I
>> like pie!" line. Just as well; I'm still not sure of the exact origin
>> of that anyway. I *think* it just began as a joke by Hooks to
>> typify/exaggerate Cheetor's boyish idiocy for WWFF-type humor, but I'm
>> not certain.
>
> I explained it to Ian Corlett and Alec Willows when I took my airport
> shuttle ride with them after BotCon. :)

Ah, good, at least SOMEone managed to do so. Did they have any suitable
response, or were they just kinda dumbfounded? :-)

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 16, 2000, 2:23:21 AM8/16/00
On Aug. 15, 2000, Picard42 wrote:

> "Douglas W. Dlin" wrote:

[re: Explaining the "rigid grill structure" line to Scott M.]

>> Unfortunately, I never got to do the same for Ian Corlett and the "I
>> like pie!" line. Just as well; I'm still not sure of the exact origin
>> of that anyway. I *think* it just began as a joke by Hooks to
>> typify/exaggerate Cheetor's boyish idiocy for WWFF-type humor, but I'm
>> not certain.
>
> That's about right.

Huzzah!

> It was just a line that Hooks put in the first WWFF. It may or may not
> have come from somewhere, but we'll probably never know, since Hooks
> himself doesn't remember.

D'oh...

> I'm glad someone explained to Mr. McNeil what the rigid grill structure
> line meant, as he appeared a bit taken back by it.

I figured it was the least I could do. :-)

> I don't suppose anyone's explained "hungry" TALK FOR YOU to him as
> well? :)

Had I been around when someone got him to say that, I'd have done so,
but I wasn't. :-S

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

DarkClaw

Aug 16, 2000, 2:41:03 AM8/16/00
In article <3999CE05...@psu.edu>,
Picard42 <mmr...@psu.edu> wrote:

> That's about right. It was just a line that Hooks put in the first

> WWFF. It may or may not have come from somewhere, but we'll probably

> never know, since Hooks himself doesn't remember. I'm glad someone

> explained to Mr. McNeil what the rigid grill structure line meant, as
he

> appeared a bit taken back by it. I don't suppose anyone's explained

> "hungry" TALK FOR YOU to him as well? :)
>

> --- Picard42
> www.fandome.com/tfww

Well, the comic book magazine Wizard used "I like pie" as a running gag
several years ago after a reader used that line in a letter. I always
figured that comic geek Hooks just picked it up from there :)

Scylla

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

Well, you could ask Dalmatian (when he gets over his computer problems)
or Superspy, who were they also, but to me they just seems kind of
"okaaaaaay, weird fan tradition *shrug*" about it. Though they were
happy to finally know what it meant. I guess Ian was asked to write it
many times.

Picard42

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
DarkClaw wrote:

> Well, the comic book magazine Wizard used "I like pie" as a running gag
> several years ago after a reader used that line in a letter. I always
> figured that comic geek Hooks just picked it up from there :)

That's a definite possibility. On the other hand, I was watching Ned &
Stacey (stop laughing) on USA yesterday and a character said, "I like
pie" while flustered, and I think that show is older than Wizard's gag.
Frankly, I'd rather assume Hooks quoted Hitler than Wizard, so this may
just be wishful thinking.

So where did "I like pie" come from? The world may never know.

Or maybe Prime said it right before he turned to dust in the movie,
while transforming a blue Bluestreak.

--- Picard42
www.fandome.com/tfww

Zob

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Duo Maxwell wrote:

>>> Oh well, I didn't wanna get into a flamewar anyhow... Unless it
>>> involves polyhedral dice and high level magic users....)
>>
>> You're such a git. Waving around the word "polyhedral" like you
>> patented the term or something. How pretentious can you get? Why
>> don't you talk like a real person and say 20-sided dice so people
>> actually know what you mean?
>>
>> ...Wait, that's not quite where you were going with that, was it?
>
>D&D uses 6 types of dice.
>With multiple sides to each type.
>And Polyhedral IS the correct term.
>Some systems only use 1 type of dice.

Duo, I believe you've missed the joke completely. You said that you didn't
want to get into a flame war unless it had to do with polyhedral dice, so I
obliged you by flaming you about the usage of the term "polyhedral dice." :)

Zobovor... Maybe I really *am* being far too subtle lately... What, are you
all a bunch of Predacons or something?

SILVERBOLT - Mr. Vertigo Himself

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

"Zob" <zob...@aol.com> wrote...

> Zobovor... Maybe I really *am* being far too subtle lately...
> What, are you all a bunch of Predacons or something?

"Rrrrrarrr! Just keep your distance." </Razorclaw>
--
Rikard Bakke
silve...@os.telia.no

The Cybertron Chronicle
http://members.xoom.com/Swoop73/

Transformers Code
G++ FR FW+ #72 D+ AA+ N++ W++ B++ OQP BC98+ BC99+ BC2000++ CN+++ OM+

Robert Powers

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00

On 16 Aug 2000 23:17:40 GMT, Zob <zob...@aol.com> wrote:
>Zobovor... Maybe I really *am* being far too subtle lately... What, are you
>all a bunch of Predacons or something?

Not a very subtle poster, is he...
--
Robert Powers of the Ever-Changing .sig
repo...@netaxs.com ____________________________________________________

Douglas W. Dlin

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00
On Aug. 18, 2000, Robert Powers wrote:

> On 16 Aug 2000 23:17:40 GMT, Zob <zob...@aol.com> wrote:
>> Zobovor... Maybe I really *am* being far too subtle lately... What,
>> are you all a bunch of Predacons or something?
>
> Not a very subtle poster, is he...

Robert! Welcome back! How was the move?

Doug Dlin
ap...@hotmail.com

Robert Powers

Aug 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/18/00

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:31:49 -0500, Douglas W. Dlin <ap...@texas.net> wrote:
>Robert! Welcome back! How was the move?

Haven't actually moved yet, but I do now have a place to live in
Milwaukee. I'll be driving there late next week, with a car stuffed full
of stuff.

--
Robert Powers of the Ever-Changing .sig
repo...@netaxs.com

http://www.netaxs.com/~repowers/ ___________________________
| ..and the Powerpuff Girls dangling from the rearview, and |
| MoJo JoJo guarding the rear window. ______________________|

Dave Van Domelen

Aug 18, 2000, 8:35:04 PM8/18/00
In article <slrn8prgr0....@unix2.netaxs.com>,

Robert Powers <repo...@netaxs.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:31:49 -0500, Douglas W. Dlin <ap...@texas.net> wrote:
>>Robert! Welcome back! How was the move?
>
> Haven't actually moved yet, but I do now have a place to live in
>Milwaukee. I'll be driving there late next week, with a car stuffed full
>of stuff.

It would have been SO nice to have had a place in advance, with people
there to meet the movers. As it stands, it could be up to three weeks before
I get the rest of my stuff. Although some of that delay is from the fact
that A) the movers want cash, B) my first month's rent had to be a check, not
credit card, and C) Bank One is not really a national bank, and I can't
deposit the graduation present money my parents sent to help with A) into any
branch here in Michigan, so I have to wait for the check to mail to Ohio and
clear there. Sigh. So I can't even hope to be able to pay the movers until
Wednesday or Thursday.

Dave Van Domelen, still on web-hiatus for a while. No Wal-Marts within
15 miles of here, only one TRU on the other end of town, but plenty of Meijer
and Target, and a few Kay Bees.

SILVERBOLT - Mr. Vertigo Himself

Aug 18, 2000, 8:46:56 PM8/18/00
"Robert Powers" <repo...@netaxs.com> ...

> On 16 Aug 2000 23:17:40 GMT, Zob <zob...@aol.com>
> wrote:
> > Zobovor... Maybe I really *am* being far too subtle lately...
> > What, are you all a bunch of Predacons or something?
>
> Not a very subtle poster, is he...

Somehow I believe subtlety would be lost on the Zobocons.
--
Rikard Bakke - Nice to see you back, incidentally. :)

Robert Powers

Aug 19, 2000, 10:11:24 PM8/19/00

On 19 Aug 2000 00:35:04 GMT, Dave Van Domelen <dva...@eyrie.org> wrote:
> It would have been SO nice to have had a place in advance, with people
>there to meet the movers. As it stands, it could be up to three weeks before

I have one person lined up to meet the movers. That person, who is me,
should get there the same time as the movers, who are also me.

--
Robert Powers of the Ever-Changing .sig
repo...@netaxs.com

http://www.netaxs.com/~repowers/ ______________________________
| Who packed up the TF comics this evening, among other things |