Binaltech Grimlock booklet translation & bio card scan!

Nevermore

Dec 8, 2004, 4:13:04 PM12/8/04
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=842704&posted=1#post842704

I assume Doug will ignore the translation, but maybe he can already
start translating the bio. ;)

And yes, the mentioned LagunaL8 is residing in Japan.

--
The ultimate Binaltech/Alternators resource page
http://www.binalternators.de/

Nevermore

Dec 8, 2004, 5:52:39 PM12/8/04
Question for all the others: These "Unleashers" (Katakana spelling
allegedy "Anrisshaa"), they should be from some obscure G1 episode or
related fiction (G.I. Joe and the like). Anyone got an idea?

ShadowWing

Dec 8, 2004, 9:39:58 PM12/8/04

"Nevermore" wrote

> http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=842704&posted=1#post842704
>
> I assume Doug will ignore the translation, but maybe he can already
> start translating the bio. ;)

Wait, Swoop's dead? BASTARDS! I will not buy this continuity! {sobs}
--
/\ /\
/ \ ()/ \

---

Nevermore

Dec 9, 2004, 3:45:42 AM12/9/04
Update: The bio has now been translated as well.

http://www.ragnarklogoff.net/trans/article/BTgrimlockcard.jpg

Note that both the story and the bio are somewhat ambiguous in that
they never explicitly state whether Grimlock is a stupid primitive (as
he was in the cartoon, which the majority of Japanese fans might be
familiar with) or a "Wolverine"-like warrior with a speech impediment
(as both the Marvel and the Dreamwave comics present him).

Ethan Hammond

Dec 9, 2004, 6:08:45 AM12/9/04
"ShadowWing" <the...@SPAMBLOCKADEsnet.net> wrote in message

> Wait, Swoop's dead? BASTARDS! I will not buy this continuity! {sobs}

Damn right, because death to a TF is very, very permanent, just ask
Optimus Prime.

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

Nevermore

Dec 9, 2004, 10:36:21 AM12/9/04

Ethan Hammond wrote:
> "ShadowWing" <the...@SPAMBLOCKADEsnet.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Wait, Swoop's dead? BASTARDS! I will not buy this continuity!
{sobs}

> Damn right, because death to a TF is very, very permanent, just ask
> Optimus Prime.

Aside from the fact that the story establishes that ALL Dinobots were
"destroyed", and still Grimlock regained consciousness... Sure the
others can absolutely under no circumstances be brought back.

Ethan Hammond

Dec 10, 2004, 8:19:32 AM12/10/04
"Nevermore" <tab...@t-online.de> wrote in message

> > Damn right, because death to a TF is very, very permanent, just ask
> > Optimus Prime.
>
> Aside from the fact that the story establishes that ALL Dinobots were
> "destroyed", and still Grimlock regained consciousness... Sure the
> others can absolutely under no circumstances be brought back.

We can rebuild them, better than they were before, and as cars!!!!

Nevermore

Dec 10, 2004, 2:22:18 PM12/10/04
Update 2:

Fan to Fan now offer their own translation of Grimlock's bio:

http://www.fantofan.jp/photo%20gallery/binartech/bt-10/bt-10grimlock.jpg

Still no-one could identify the "Unleashers" from the BT story,
though...

Doug Dlin

Dec 18, 2004, 6:08:13 PM12/18/04
On Dec. 8, 2004, Nevermore wrote:

> Question for all the others: These "Unleashers" (Katakana spelling
> allegedy "Anrisshaa"), they should be from some obscure G1 episode or
> related fiction (G.I. Joe and the like). Anyone got an idea?

The response from Ichikawa-san:

"The Unleasher is entirely my creation. I'm sorry for causing people to
take the trouble to research it. I CAN still be creative now and then. ;-)"

Yes, the response even included the emoticon. :-)

Doug

ma...@troy49.freeserve.co.uk

Dec 18, 2004, 6:09:45 PM12/18/04
> The response from Ichikawa-san:
>
> "The Unleasher is entirely my creation. I'm sorry for causing people
> take the trouble to research it. I CAN still be creative now and
then. ;-)"

> Yes, the response even included the emoticon. :-)

Well, snap. It seemed almost certain to me that they were the parasitic
aliens from G2 #3 that made the Autobots and Cybertronians
crazy-go-nuts. Does Ichikawa know of those critters?

Chris

Nevermore

Dec 18, 2004, 6:09:51 PM12/18/04
Doug Dlin wrote:
> The response from Ichikawa-san:
>
> "The Unleasher is entirely my creation. I'm sorry for causing people
> take the trouble to research it. I CAN still be creative now and
then. ;-)"

> Yes, the response even included the emoticon. :-)

Thanks a lot for clearing this up. Now I can finally finish my
comprehensive summary of the BT story so far (including credits for all
people who contributed so far, including your translations of course).
I'll post it in the other thread once I've cleared everything up. :-)

Doug Dlin

Dec 18, 2004, 6:52:20 PM12/18/04

Probably. The thing is, I believe "Unleasher" refers to the attack, not
the creatures. That may be something else he has to clarify, but he did
approve my translation that interpreted it that way. (Of course, he may
have overlooked that point, so I could still be in error.)

Doug Dlin
apcog at hotmail.com

Doug Dlin

Dec 18, 2004, 6:53:19 PM12/18/04
On Dec. 18, 2004, Nevermore wrote:

> Doug Dlin wrote:
>
>>The response from Ichikawa-san:
>>
>>"The Unleasher is entirely my creation. I'm sorry for causing people
>> to take the trouble to research it. I CAN still be creative now and
>> then. ;-)"
>>
>>Yes, the response even included the emoticon. :-)
>
> Thanks a lot for clearing this up. Now I can finally finish my
> comprehensive summary of the BT story so far (including credits for all
> people who contributed so far, including your translations of course).
> I'll post it in the other thread once I've cleared everything up. :-)

That may still take a while, as you'll see when you go over my other

Nevermore

Dec 18, 2004, 6:59:26 PM12/18/04
ma...@troy49.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
> Well, snap. It seemed almost certain to me that they were the
parasitic
> aliens from G2 #3 that made the Autobots and Cybertronians
> crazy-go-nuts. Does Ichikawa know of those critters?

Considering he just confirmed he regards the BT story as an
"in-between" chapter set between "Scramble City" and TF:TM/"Matrix
Forever", I'm afraid it's highly unlikely he's trying to bring in stuff
from a somewhat incompatible continuity.

Though I still have hope for little bits such as "Blackrock Industries"
or "The Mechanic".