A Casual Fan Says Hello

Elden Dederscheck

Mar 18, 2023, 11:43:58 PM3/18/23
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

I was once a much more dedicated fan of the Transformers franchise
many years ago, and am now just a casual observer. If you paid enough
attention back then you'll know immediately who I was in the past.

I may not be as enthusiastic about this wonderful IP as I once was,
but I miss the discussions with those who I got to know (about as
much as you can know an anonymous stranger on the Internet) as we
all shared our thoughts, hopes, disappointments, etc. on this relic
of a newsgroup (I don't mean to insult it. I wouldn't have come back
if I didn't have a fondness for it).

Anyway. I hope this return turns out to be a positive one. If I have
anything to make amends for I promise to do my best to set the wrong
things right.

PS - Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Soundwave is awesome.

--
"Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change."
-- Drizzt Do'Urden

Zobovor

Mar 19, 2023, 12:02:00 AM3/19/23
On Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 9:43:58 PM UTC-6, Elden Dederscheck wrote:

> I was once a much more dedicated fan of the Transformers franchise
> many years ago, and am now just a casual observer. If you paid enough
> attention back then you'll know immediately who I was in the past.

Howdy! The newsgroup is very small these days. It's honestly just me and a handful of other people. But you're welcome here, of course.

Zob (pressing the "post message" button very gently, so it doesn't break)

Joseph Bardsley

Mar 20, 2023, 10:01:32 PM3/20/23
Welcome back, Elden! Nice to see you here.

Did you post under this alias back in the day? Around when were you active on ATT?

Thanks for taking the time to check in and say hello!

JB

Elden Dederscheck

Mar 23, 2023, 11:51:22 PM3/23/23
On 3/20/2023 7:01 PM, Joseph Bardsley wrote:
> Welcome back, Elden! Nice to see you here.
>
> Did you post under this alias back in the day? Around when were you active on ATT?
>
> Thanks for taking the time to check in and say hello!
>
> JB

Thanks for the welcome!

I only posted as myself accidentally. Back then I preferred to remain
anonymous.

Hope this place isn't too dead these days. I would like to discuss
Rise of the Beasts when it releases. I was always a big fan of
Beast Wars, and the less popular Beast Machines.

Beast Machines was the first TF series I ever watched from
beginning to end.

Joseph Bardsley

Mar 25, 2023, 5:15:56 AM3/25/23
I would say that the quality of conversation has gone up considerably, and the pace is less frenetic than it used to be. It now really is possible to sit and reflect on each post prior to responding (or not). And yes, BW/BM fandom continues to thrive.

Glad you're back,

Joseph