Anybody Heard from Gustavo Wombat?

Zobovor

Mar 18, 2023, 9:38:03 AM3/18/23
Haven't seen Gustavo posting here in a bit. I tried reaching out to him via e-mail and did not get a response. Anybody know if he's okay?

Zob

Joseph Bardsley

Mar 18, 2023, 5:46:46 PM3/18/23
On Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 6:38:03 AM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> Haven't seen Gustavo posting here in a bit. I tried reaching out to him via e-mail and did not get a response. Anybody know if he's okay?
>

> Zob

Thanks for asking about him, Zob. I was thinking of Gustavo, as well, this week, having not heard from him via this group in at least a few weeks.

No news on my end in terms of having heard from him, but I hope that he is okay. Please keep us posted if you do hear anything.

Hope everyone's doing well,

JB

Joseph Bardsley

Apr 1, 2023, 4:33:36 AM4/1/23
Just bumping this for visibility. Hoping that Gustavo is OK.

JB

Zobovor

Apr 1, 2023, 6:37:34 PM4/1/23
On Saturday, April 1, 2023 at 2:33:36 AM UTC-6, Joseph Bardsley wrote:

> Just bumping this for visibility. Hoping that Gustavo is OK.

I mailed him a letter yesterday. Here's hoping he's doing well.

Zob

Joseph Bardsley

Apr 2, 2023, 5:11:20 PM4/2/23
Thanks for doing that, Zob.

Joseph Bardsley

Oct 13, 2023, 5:50:17 AM10/13/23
Just thought to bump this for visibility.

Thinking of Gustavo, and hoping that they are OK.

JB

Zobovor

Oct 13, 2023, 9:52:23 AM10/13/23
On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 3:50:17 AM UTC-6, Joseph Bardsley wrote:

> Just thought to bump this for visibility.

I hate to say it, but I strongly suspect he may have succumbed to his health issues. He was a regular here, so it seems extraordinarily unlikely he would just spontaneously stop posting of his own accord.

I've done some digging online, hoping to find an obituary or something, but I haven't found anything conclusive. There are shockingly few search results when I Google his real name and location—a LinkedIn profile, and that's it.

I miss him.

Zob

Codigo Postal

Oct 14, 2023, 9:49:27 AM10/14/23
Truly sorry to hear that. Always enjoyed his thoughtful rejoinders and posts. He will be missed.

Velvet Glove

Oct 14, 2023, 3:29:20 PM10/14/23
It's actually really hard to realise that this happened a matter of months before I returned to ATT, and that he'd been a regular poster up til then. I would have dearly loved to have the chance to talk to Gustavo again--he always brought a different perspective on things--intelligent, irreverent and hysterically fun. Much missed.

Velvet Glove (Who's going to tell Kup's stories now?)

Irrellius Spamticon

Oct 14, 2023, 8:18:47 PM10/14/23
I've been hoping he's just been somewhere that he doesn't have access to a PC, perhaps reading on a mobile device that doesn't let him post. It's a sad thought, I was just telling some co-workers to hunt down Kup Tales last week. We won't read new tales of Ron and Judy either.

Joseph Bardsley

Oct 19, 2023, 2:39:03 AM10/19/23
Very sorry to hear this, and - while I am hoping against hope that this isn't what has ultimately happened - I remember his discussion of health issues and their associated challenges.

He was, to my understanding, a neighbor of mine, just across the border and down in Seattle. I admired his writing, appreciated his contributions here, and thought a lot of the perspectives and presence he offered.

I hope that, maybe, he's just somewhere he can't post or contribute, but - either way - I am thinking of him right now.

I miss him, too.

JB

Joseph Bardsley

Oct 25, 2023, 12:11:57 AM10/25/23
A small update on this - I've made a post enquiring after Gustavo on the Transmasters FB group. It's populated with a lot of former ATT-ers, and so - perhaps - we'll learn more.

Will keep everyone posted.

JB

Zobovor

Oct 25, 2023, 9:16:33 PM10/25/23
On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 10:11:57 PM UTC-6, Joseph Bardsley wrote:

> A small update on this - I've made a post enquiring after Gustavo on the Transmasters FB group. It's populated with a lot of former ATT-ers, and so - perhaps - we'll learn more.

As you may have noticed, he's recently returned to the newsgroup! Huzzah!

Zob