Xtransbots Crack-up (third party Stunticon Breakdown)

Irrellius Spamticon

Aug 3, 2021, 12:06:40 AM8/3/21
So this is one of many third party Stunticon sets, Xtransbots is very detailed. This thing is a masterpiece grade, masterpiece sized, and the instruction book he comes with is daunting with 96 listed steps. Wow. He comes with a gun and a collector card too.

In car mode he's a stack of wafer thin robot parts neatly organized. He rolls very well and his gun mounts on to his trunk lid. I'd be a bit wary about the spoiler as the spoiler attachment to the body is very thin and held in by tiny tabs. It holds fairly secure but the tabs to pop it off are quite small and it can be misplaced.

The instructions are very misleading, as each actual part moved considers the before and after state to be separate instruction steps, as well as looking at the robot as a different angle. In the end he's not as bad as MP Sunstreaker.

In car mode his chest is unfolded on the bottom of the car, under that his forearms are unrolled to tuck inside the chest, then his feet are cradled in the forearms, his feet fold inside the forearms, and the head is unrolled and on top of the feet just under the windshield. I will admit my first time transforming him was from robot to car, and the most difficult time was folding the feet inside the arms and getting them all the way in so I could close the doors, just because I didn't know his tolerances yet.

Getting him to robot mode his feet do a lot of similar moves to MP Sideswipe, with his lower legs inverting, , his chest flips down on the underside of the car, his arms fold out and take the doors out to the lower arms and the inside is formed from what would be the seating area, the sides of his chest does a lit of rotating and small clamps fol out to grasp his chest to his shoulders. His abs crunch in to collapse for a smaller robot torso, the center of his trunk, and his car nose and windshield all form the backpack, which is a little big but his taillights lock in to his hood and it's not too out of place.

In robot mode he's very very boxy and very cartoon accurate. He's got a second facial expression which seems to be angry to offset his smug face. He does look like he stepped out of a HD remaster of the 1985 episodes. more flexible than many of the masterpiece series. He's got really good ab-crunch outside of what is used for transformation, a good waist, his shoulders are a bit tight but they have a good range of motion, though his chest clamps can come undone if you accidentally move the wrong part of the shoulder joint.

His gun handle folds flat to the gun, but his vehicle and robot storage and use both have the handle out, so I'm not sure why the handle folds. I haven't gone to research his combiner mode. the 96 steps of instructions didn't cover that.

I got him because he's a Lambourgini and one of the best Stunticons, and I got a good price at $40. I'm not actively seeking the others from this set, but f they're equal to Crack-up I might have to pick them up. Or maybe this guy was the combiner that just clamped cars on to Motormaster to be cartoon accurate. Either way I'd give Dead End a chance at the very least.

There are a few kind of thin connectors, and he's complicated. A lot of panel massage but everything does lock together very tightly when done right, not a lot of room. It took me a while to get his arms and feet situated to get his roof and doors on correctly. Definitely an adult collector's toy. Beautiful results in all modes I know of though.

I used him to educate my girlfriend on the original Breakdown, she loves Prime Breakdown so we went over all of the character parallels.

Zobovor

Aug 3, 2021, 11:26:16 PM8/3/21
On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 10:06:40 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> I got him because he's a Lambourgini and one of the best Stunticons, and I got a good price at $40. I'm not actively seeking the others from this set, but if they're equal to Crack-up I might have to pick them up. Or maybe this guy was the combiner that just clamped cars on to Motormaster to be cartoon accurate. Either way I'd give Dead End a chance at the very least.

Every once in a while my phone will show me advertisements for third-party toys. (In some ways the algorithm is very smart and in other ways it's a bit dumb, since I generally never buy third-party.)

I like the look of the X-Transbots Stunticons. I guess they've done cartoon versions, as well as toy-based versions with different face sculpts and details that evoke the stickers on the vintage Hasbro toys. I like the look of those versions a bit less.

There are so many different third-party versions to choose from. There's also a toy named Montana by DX9 and one called Spoiler by FansToys. Each of them seems to have a slightly different take on the character. I don't know how I would ever choose.

I wonder if Takara ever plans on doing any of the Scramble City characters in Masterpiece format? They're nearly out of 1984-85 Autobot Cars, but they release characters at such an abysmally slow pace that they may never get to any combiners at the rate they're going. Maybe they'll just finish off the Mini Autobots and call it quits.

Zob (had a tire spontaneously explode on the drive home from work... just call me Blow-Out)

Irrellius Spamticon

Aug 4, 2021, 11:04:48 AM8/4/21
On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 10:26:16 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 10:06:40 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>
> > I got him because he's a Lambourgini and one of the best Stunticons, and I got a good price at $40. I'm not actively seeking the others from this set, but if they're equal to Crack-up I might have to pick them up. Or maybe this guy was the combiner that just clamped cars on to Motormaster to be cartoon accurate. Either way I'd give Dead End a chance at the very least.
>
> Every once in a while my phone will show me advertisements for third-party toys. (In some ways the algorithm is very smart and in other ways it's a bit dumb, since I generally never buy third-party.)

I don't seek out third party, I get the ones that happen to fall in to my lap. I can easily pick up Unique Toys Allen, or Super Springer today, as well as get Maketoys Quantron, and I'm really tempted by Quantron.

> I like the look of the X-Transbots Stunticons. I guess they've done cartoon versions, as well as toy-based versions with different face sculpts and details that evoke the stickers on the vintage Hasbro toys. I like the look of those versions a bit less.
>
> There are so many different third-party versions to choose from. There's also a toy named Montana by DX9 and one called Spoiler by FansToys. Each of them seems to have a slightly different take on the character. I don't know how I would ever choose.

I chose based on availability, as in instant satisfaction. My DX9 Astrotrain and Shockwave are both amazing though, so I know they don't put out a bad product either, much better than anything Hasbro or Takara have offered so far. (Hasbro should have given us a simplified DX9 Chigurh for Siege instead of the midget Astrotrain we got)

> I wonder if Takara ever plans on doing any of the Scramble City characters in Masterpiece format? They're nearly out of 1984-85 Autobot Cars, but they release characters at such an abysmally slow pace that they may never get to any combiners at the rate they're going. Maybe they'll just finish off the Mini Autobots and call it quits.
>

> Zob (had a tire spontaneously explode on the drive home from work... just call me Blow-Out)
That was last week for me, I stopped at the gas station to fill a low tire and their broken tire pump released all the remaining air from the tire. The week after I bought 2 new tires.