Why Blackarachnia Looks Asian

BeastBob1

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

Hi, all --

I'm up in Vancouver at the moment, so I took the opportunity to actually
ask the Mainframe crew why Blackarachnia looks Asian.

Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that BA be
as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch) hauled him off to a
local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.

By the way, I have seen some of the upcoming Season Two Blackarachnia
stuff, and if you thought she was sexy before, well... they're really
pushing the envelope now. Cold showers for all.

Bob Forward
Story Ed -- Beast Wars

Lucas

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

BeastBob1 wrote:

> Hi, all --
>
> I'm up in Vancouver at the moment, so I took the opportunity to actually
> ask the Mainframe crew why Blackarachnia looks Asian.
>
> Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
> designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that BA be
> as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch) hauled him off to a
> local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
> of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.

I thought it was strange. I mean, the size of those..."things" are
unrealistically large for an Asian woman (hey, I live in Hawaii, I know
this stuff).

OK, nuff said. Let's move on.

Ken

cynd...@epix.net

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

BeastBob1 wrote:

> Hi, all --
>
> I'm up in Vancouver at the moment, so I took the opportunity to actually
> ask the Mainframe crew why Blackarachnia looks Asian.
>
> Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
> designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that BA be
> as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch) hauled him off to a
> local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
> of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.

Excellent!I love the concept.So what about Airazor did they take'em to
a convent:O
Ed Breece

Lucas

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

cynd...@epix.net wrote:
> > local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
> > of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.
>
> Excellent!I love the concept.So what about Airazor did they take'em to
> a convent:O
> Ed Breece

LOL!!!

Lucas

Doug Kern

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

In article <19970926142...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
beas...@aol.com (BeastBob1) wrote:

> Hi, all --
>
> I'm up in Vancouver at the moment, so I took the opportunity to actually
> ask the Mainframe crew why Blackarachnia looks Asian.
>
> Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
> designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that BA be
> as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch) hauled him off to a

> local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
> of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.

<Chuckle> Boy would some parents groups fume if they found this out!
He, better not tell them.......

> By the way, I have seen some of the upcoming Season Two Blackarachnia
> stuff, and if you thought she was sexy before, well... they're really
> pushing the envelope now. Cold showers for all.

Now should I add this info to my Shrine to Blackarachnia or not? Looks
like I will have no choice but to add this stuff, funny as it sounds!

--
Doug Kern
dke...@idt.net

msi...@ibm.net

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

So why don't I get to see the orignal?

> BeastBob1 wrote:
> >
> > Hi, all --
> >
> > I'm up in Vancouver at the moment, so I took the opportunity to actually
> > ask the Mainframe crew why Blackarachnia looks Asian.

Well, I'm not really convinced that she does, but that's me. She's
certainly got a bit of a manga thing going, but...

> > Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
> > designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that BA be
> > as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch)

When you're led by a guy who wants you to call him "Spanky"...

((singing) "Spanky with the football...")

> hauled him off to a
> > local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
> > of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.

Ah. So it's latent ATTRACTION. THAT I understand fully.

(And certainly beats having her modeled straight from the toy. Prison
matron Blackarachnia?)

> > By the way, I have seen some of the upcoming Season Two Blackarachnia
> > stuff, and if you thought she was sexy before, well... they're really
> > pushing the envelope now. Cold showers for all.

Having seen a few of the new models for REBOOT, I gots a good idea of
what to expect. (Although the navel ring on that one girl, the
Antlantis-looking ex-kid... yeeg. Sorry, but I'm perfectly happy with
all the holes in my epidermis I was born with, I'd like to avoid any new
ones.)

M "Um, Chef? Chef? Chef? _*CHEF!!!!*_" Sipher

Shauna

Sep 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/26/97

BeastBob1 wrote:

> Hi, all --
>
> I'm up in Vancouver at the moment, so I took the opportunity to actually
> ask the Mainframe crew why Blackarachnia looks Asian.
>
> Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
> designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that BA be
> as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch) hauled him off to a

> local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
> of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.
>
> By the way, I have seen some of the upcoming Season Two Blackarachnia
> stuff, and if you thought she was sexy before, well... they're really
> pushing the envelope now. Cold showers for all.
>
> Bob Forward
> Story Ed -- Beast Wars Kewl ;-)

Robert A. Jung

Sep 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/27/97

In article <19970926142...@ladder01.news.aol.com> beas...@aol.com (BeastBob1) writes:
>I'm up in Vancouver at the moment, so I took the opportunity to actually
>ask the Mainframe crew why Blackarachnia looks Asian.
>
>Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
>designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that BA be
>as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch) hauled him off to a
>local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
>of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.

How much of this is truth, and how much subtle satire? B-)

--R.J.
B-)

"I write because I am personally amused by what I do, and if other people are
amused by it, then it's fine. If they're not, then that's also fine."
Send mail to rj...@netcom.com --Frank Zappa
------- Visit Rob on the web! ------ http://www.digiserve.com/eescape/ -------

ZAPGUN

Sep 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/27/97

Robert A. Jung wrote:

> In article <19970926142...@ladder01.news.aol.com> beas...@aol.com (BeastBob1) writes:
> >I'm up in Vancouver at the moment, so I took the opportunity to > >actually
> >ask the Mainframe crew why Blackarachnia looks Asian.
> >
> >Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
> >designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that > >BA be
> >as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch) hauled him off > >to a
> >local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in > >front
> >of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the > >result.
>
> How much of this is truth, and how much subtle satire? B-)
>
> --R.J.
> B-)

Who knows? Actually, BlackArachnia is sorta steriotypical (sp?). She
reminds me of the way old "Untouchables" films from the '20s seemed to
show the Mob Boss' girlfriend.
--
"Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead."
-- Pepsi slogan from Taiwan

Darzonique

Sep 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/27/97

In article <19970926142...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
beas...@aol.com (BeastBob1) writes:

>Apparently, it is a simple and somewhat amusing answer. The model
>designer himself was Asian. And the rest of the crew, desiring that BA be
>as sexy as possible (they are a young and horny bunch) hauled him off to a
>local strip joint, got him insane with lust, then plunked him down in front
>of his workstation and turned him loose. Blackarachnia was the result.

ROTFL. Stuff like that happens all the time.
-Darzoni the Blue
"Waspinator have headache in his wholle bodeee." -Waspinator, Possession
"When will you rage?"- W:TA

Ryochan

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

Ryan Hawe wrote:
> : unrealistically large for an Asian woman (hey, I live in Hawaii, I know
> : this stuff).
>
> Oh, you'd be surprised. (I live in Vancouver. I know this stuff too.)

Oh, I probably would...guess it depends on what part of "Asia" you're
talkin about. Every JPN woman I know would kill to have breasts like
those. 'Course, I'd kill to have a chest like O-Primal, and a **** like
O-Prime.

Lucas ;)

Ryan Hawe

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

Lucas (k-...@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
: I thought it was strange. I mean, the size of those..."things" are

I maintain that they're armour (she *is* somewhat slight of build, after
all, though not nearly as slender as "Pipe-cleaner Limbs" Arcee).

: unrealistically large for an Asian woman (hey, I live in Hawaii, I know
: this stuff).

Oh, you'd be surprised. (I live in Vancouver. I know this stuff too.)

But I digress... back to the bots.

Ryan :>
--
"...I'm a self-made man. Time travel's funny that way."

Alden Bates

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

Ryochan (k-...@worldnet.att.net) writes:
>'Course, I'd kill to have a chest like O-Primal, and a **** like
>O-Prime.

Ah, another person envious of the size of Optimus's gun!

Alden Bates.

--
aba...@wn.planet.gen.nz | al...@bates.wn.planet.gen.nz
"That's a daft idea." | http://www.wn.planet.gen.nz/~abates/

The Nixtr

Oct 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/6/97

QUOTING:

Oh, I probably would...guess it depends on what part of "Asia" you're
talkin about. Every JPN woman I know would kill to have breasts like
those.

RESPONSE: Why would they? I don't understand what's the big deal about
big breasts.
--
The Nixtr *** Transformer Fan *** ROGER DODGER! *** ":> = Dittohead smiley
By pro-abort "logic", Mother Theresa was a terrorist! (-0-) Tie Fighter
>>> VISIT MY WEB PAGE: *** http://www.acy.digex.net/~thenixtr <<<
WARNING: Don't deal with any Lehman from iowa on DWX.com *** I buy Tamas!

The Nixtr

Oct 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/7/97

QUOTING:

Thus, since big breasts are considered "beautiful" in the US (most
people do, let's face it), JPN women are rather envious of it. Many
undergo surgery to enhance their size, as a result.

RESPONSE: I can never understand the double-standard. For, most Americans
also think that fat is unattractive, and the difference in breast size is
due to the amount of fat tissue! I understand that it is the socially hip
thing, but I just don't understand WHY.

Carcharodon

Oct 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/7/97

The Nixtr wrote:

> QUOTING:
>
> Thus, since big breasts are considered "beautiful" in the US (most
> people do, let's face it), JPN women are rather envious of it. Many
> undergo surgery to enhance their size, as a result.
>
> RESPONSE: I can never understand the double-standard. For, most Americans
> also think that fat is unattractive, and the difference in breast size is
> due to the amount of fat tissue! I understand that it is the socially hip
> thing, but I just don't understand WHY.

Fat tissue and mammary tissue are not the same. Both are found in
breasts, and the quantity of each plays a role in size, shape, and
consistency. Why do you think people can exercise fat away, but if a
woman wants to make her breasts smaller she needs surgery?

HENRY V SPAH

Oct 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/7/97

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Robert A. Jung wrote:

> In article <61avtr$7...@acy1.digex.net> then...@acy1.digex.net (The Nixtr) writes:
> >RESPONSE: Why would they? I don't understand what's the big deal about
> >big breasts.
>

> Same reason a lot of guys get obsessed over penis size -- low self-esteem
> and a simple-minded view of how people judge each other...
>
> --R.J.
> B-)

...Damn -- and I never thought I'd see anybody ever mention PENIS SIZE on
THIS newsgroup...Oh well, I guess it had to come up sooner or later (That
was NOT intended as a pun..Really) ...I'll try not to think any less of
you Rob for mentioning it...

V. H. Dova

Joona I Palaste

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

HENRY V SPAH <sp...@nevada.edu> scribbled the following:

Hey, it's amazing how many topics not related to Transformers at all we
can discuss about here. I, for example, am discussing counterfeit money
with the Nixtr and stupid battles in computer games with H Jameel al
Khafiz. BTW, I like medium-sized breasts. Not too small, and not too
big. =)

--
/----------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Joona Palaste | | | |

Robert A. Jung

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

In article <61e0en$7rd$1...@stronghold.dhp.com> MegaBee of Amber <spe...@dhp.com> writes:

>Robert A. Jung <rj...@netcom.com> wrote:
>> Same reason a lot of guys get obsessed over penis size -- low self-esteem
>> and a simple-minded view of how people judge each other...
>
>Way to paint with that broad brush, Rob.

Hey, it takes more work to generalize with a liner brush. B-) Besides, I
thought the original question was why WOMEN were obsessed over breast size.

>I guess that no one can be
>attracted to large breasts simply because one likes them.

I dunno, I haven't heard of any case of largebreastitis that didn't result
in silicon stiffening or extreme sagging thirty years later...

The Nixtr

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

QUOTING:

Hey, it takes more work to generalize with a liner brush. B-) Besides,
thought the original question was why WOMEN were obsessed over breast
size.

RESPONSE: No, Robert is on the wavelength. I was asking why MEN were
obsessed with breast size, even though it began with Asian women.

MegaBee of Amber

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Robert A. Jung <rj...@netcom.com> wrote:
> MegaBee of Amber <spe...@dhp.com> writes:
> >Robert A. Jung <rj...@netcom.com> wrote:
> >> Same reason a lot of guys get obsessed over penis size -- low self-esteem
> >> and a simple-minded view of how people judge each other...
> >
> >Way to paint with that broad brush, Rob.

> Hey, it takes more work to generalize with a liner brush. B-) Besides, I

> thought the original question was why WOMEN were obsessed over breast size.

Er... [reads over original statement again] nevermind.

> >I guess that no one can be
> >attracted to large breasts simply because one likes them.

> I dunno, I haven't heard of any case of largebreastitis that didn't result
> in silicon stiffening or extreme sagging thirty years later...

Yes, but thirty years later is not now. Very few people look as good as
they do now thirty years later (and I'm talking about people in my age
bracket, not kids, so no one go there).
----
H. Jameel al Khafiz, Physicist-At-Large
"Don't disturb us!"
"Why should it goes well?"
The Happy Fun Page --> http://www.dhp.com/~spectre

Carcharodon

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

David Willis wrote:

> BTW, I like medium-sized breasts. Not too small, and not too
> >big. =)
> >| Joona Palaste | |
>
> I like mine fried, with some mashed potatoes and corn.
>
> David "Oh, wait, we're talking about HUMANS! Ohhhh!" Willis

Makes no difference.

David Willis

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

The Nixtr

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

QUOTING:

Hey, it's amazing how many topics not related to Transformers at all we
can discuss about here. I, for example, am discussing counterfeit money
with the Nixtr and stupid battles in computer games with H Jameel al

Khafiz. BTW, I like medium-sized breasts. Not too small, and not too
big. =)

RESPONSE: Soemtimes topics devolve in that way, and are okay as long as
they're not out of hand... SOmetimes we can better understand each other
when the thread goes off a bit than when we're always talking about TFs
100% of the time.
"Anything more than handful is a waste"
- From a small-breasted girl I werk with.

Neale Davidson

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

>Hey, it's amazing how many topics not related to Transformers at all we
>can discuss about here. I, for example, am discussing counterfeit money
>with the Nixtr and stupid battles in computer games with H Jameel al
>Khafiz. BTW, I like medium-sized breasts. Not too small, and not too
>big. =)

I personally think that my breasts are much too large, and am
reducing them through diet. Knowing that many men on ATT share
this problem to greater degree, I hope they too will join me in
eliminating their cleavage!

Neale

David Willis

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

>> BTW, I like medium-sized breasts. Not too small, and not too
>> >big. =)
>> >| Joona Palaste | |
>>
>> I like mine fried, with some mashed potatoes and corn.
>>
>> David "Oh, wait, we're talking about HUMANS! Ohhhh!" Willis
>
>Makes no difference.

So you're a cannibal? Man, that really eats me up....
--David, who's REALLY stretching for a joke

Ratbat

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

6 Oct 1997 11:25:47 -0400 seemed like any other harmless time, until
then...@acy1.digex.net (The Nixtr) broke forth, and the innocence of
alt.toys.transformers was lost forever...

>QUOTING:
>

>Oh, I probably would...guess it depends on what part of "Asia" you're
>talkin about. Every JPN woman I know would kill to have breasts like
>those.
>

>RESPONSE: Why would they? I don't understand what's the big deal about
>big breasts.

It's the female entry into the size-matters ring... although seeing
the amount of trouble my generously-endowed friends have with theirs,
I'm more than content to stay on the underdeveloped side...

Urac 'Ratbat' Sigma, well, maybe a *bit* better developed...or maybe
only having two instead of four...

(Ha - and they think I'm joking there...)

| 'I often think that, if I paid more attention, I'd lead a much |
| more comfortable life.' - Benny Summerfield |
| Urac 'Ratbat' Sigma, the Green Flame rat...@rocketmail.com |
| To the Ratcave! http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1778 |

Ron Block

Dec 19, 2020, 10:33:52 PM12/19/20
big boobs? luv em

Zobovor

Dec 20, 2020, 12:02:05 AM12/20/20
On Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 8:33:52 PM UTC-7, Ron Block wrote:

> big boobs? luv em

Damn it. I was going to wait 25 years before replying to this thread, but now you've gone and jumped the gun two years early. I'm going to look like a copycat now. Sigh.

Zob (surprised that Blackarachnia is relevant again after nearly a quarter-century)

Joseph Bardsley

Dec 25, 2020, 3:02:59 AM12/25/20
Add to that - this original thread, with its attendant 'artistic' rationale for Blackarachnia's look, hasn't exactly aged well. 25 years can represent a long time in the public's social consciousness.

JB

Gustavo Wombat

Dec 25, 2020, 5:50:17 PM12/25/20
I think it ages about as well as it was at the time...

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and hopefully the rest of us just get
a nice 3 day weekend at least.

Zobovor

Dec 27, 2020, 12:27:52 AM12/27/20
On Friday, December 25, 2020 at 1:02:59 AM UTC-7, Joseph Bardsley wrote:

> Add to that - this original thread, with its attendant 'artistic' rationale for Blackarachnia's look, hasn't exactly aged well. 25 years can
> represent a long time in the public's social consciousness.

As I recall, a lot of people were asking about Blackarachnia's CGI design after her cartoon debut. Not because people disliked it, and not because having an Oriental appearance was a bad thing, but it was a departure from the design of the 1996 toy, so people were just wondering where it came from (was she modeled to look like Venus Terzo?). People would ask Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio questions like this all the time, but they simply didn't have the answers—because they were writers and story editors, not computer animators.

So, this was just Bob Forward finally coming back with an answer to a question that a lot of people had been asking him.

Zob (also hasn't exactly aged well)