MtMtE Entry: Chironax

1 view

Dave Van Domelen

Dec 22, 2013, 4:24:49 PM12/22/13

AUTOBOT: CHIRONAX
Primary Function: Espionage
Alternate Mode: Sports Car (usually)

Motto: "I am the night."

BIO

(From the private logs of Bumblebee)

There's a difference between being a scout and being a spy. I'm a
scout. I sneak into dangerous territory, acquire vital information, and
return to my commander. Sneaky, yes, but I spend as much time in stand-up
fights as I do scouting.

My spark-brother Chironax is a SPY. Almost no one even knows he exists,
that's how good he is. When he has to come into the light, he pretends to be
me, down to imitating my vox problems. This used to bother me, but I've come
to understand that when you're a spy, not officially existing is one of your
best tools. I even play along sometimes, adopting his darker color scheme so
that when he's spotted, people will just think it's me.

Someday this war will be over and I'll be able to welcome my brother
into the light. That is, if he'll step into it. When you're a spy, the war
is never over...just in a lull.

WEAPONS/ABILITIES

While he has the same basic capabilities of his brother Bumblebee, and
takes pains to adopt new weapons and upgrades to mirror Bumblebee as closely
as possible, he has optimized his systems for stealth. While he can't turn
literally invisible, he can spoof or mislead passive sensors so that he can
only be detected by looking directly at him. Similarly, his weapons are
tuned for delivering single killing strikes at the expense of long recharge
times. He takes one shot and then escapes. His vehicle mode can run utterly
silently if he desires, with a top speed of 200 kph.

In addition to passive intelligence and snooping, he is an expert in
psychological warfare and frightening the opposition into giving up
information. He rarely uses direct interrogation, since showing his face
could prove awkward, but is very good at getting Decepticons to inadvertantly
give away important intel.

WEAKNESSES

If forced into the open in a straight fight, he is at a severe
disadvantage. His primary weapons require long recharge times, and his
secondary systems are fairly weak. His armor is thinner in order to make
room for his stealth systems, and his skill set is poorly suited to a fair
fight.

Additionally, since he officially doesn't exist, he can't count on
support from other Autobots unless he is currently pretending to be his
brother. If one of the few Autobot commanders not aware of his true identity
is unavailable, he has to maintain his cover even against his allies. While
staying in cover, he cannot speak if Bumblebee is also mute.

APPEARANCE

He looks like Bumblebee, but usually switches the black and yellow.
However, his adaptive paint lets him exactly imitate Bumblebee if he is
currently configured to the same "mold" as his brother.

His natural voice, when not imitating Bumblebee, is a raspy whisper.

NOTES

Chironax is a genus of bat. He's the Primus-damned Bat-bot.

Created as an alternative identity for all the Night/Shadow/Dark
Bumblebee redecos out there, specifically the ones in the Aligned/Prime
continuity.