[NEWS] Lego Doctor Who set

Your Name

Feb 5, 2015, 5:34:46 PM2/5/15

From today's local newspaper (so probably old news) ...

Lego Doctor Who deal
--------------------
The BBC has signed a deal with Lego to create a
"Doctor Who" set complete with a mini Doctor and
assistant, the Tardis - and probably one or two
Daleks and Cybermen. It could signal the biggest
financial shot in the arm for the corporation's
commercial subsidiary, BBC Worldwide, since the
success of "The Teletubbies" in the 1990s. The
partnership with Lego could generate huge sales
around the globe, given that "Doctor Who" has
attracted a large and growing overseas audience
since it returned to TV screens in 2005.

The Lego company is getting a bit carried away with licencing
everything under the sun ... and at their massively over-bloated
pricing, I doubt I'll be buying this set. :-( I probably would buy a
Lego Doctor Who computer game and DVD though.