Technic Micro-Motor and Switch

Karl Altenburg

Sep 27, 1993, 1:04:49 PM9/27/93
I recently purchased Technic set #8082 Multi Control Set. The set contains
parts similar to set #8840 Rally Shock n' Roll Racer, plus it includes
the Technic 9v motor, battery box, wires and the the new micro-motor and
pole reversing switches. It comes with instructions for four models;
a remote control car, a tilt wing-rotor aircraft, a skid-stear front end
loader, and a toy dog (one wheels.) I bought the kit to get a closer look
at the micro-motor and switch.

The micro-motor is 4x4 in dimension but requires two housing pieces so that
it can be attached to other parts. It is driven by a 9v source using the
same connector as the other 9v motors. The shaft is just a Technic stud,
a little, flat circle with a hoel in it. It comes with a pully that is
atteched and held by friction with a silicon washer that grips the shaft.
The motor rotates at about 1/2 a revolution per second. It makes a humming
sound somewhere around 180Hz. Its hard to measure its torque because the
attached pulley slips if too much is applied (probably intentionally.)
I'm not sure what's inside as far as the actual motor is concerned but
I would guess it might be a small DC motor meshed to a worm gear. But
who knows, far all can tell could just as well be some kind of piezo-electric
motor?

The pole reversing switches are just switches (not potentiometers.) They
are 2x6, and look like two 9v wire connections sperated by a bump. The
bump is slotted on top, and allows an axel to be placed in it to throw
the switch forward, off, and reverse. On the lateral sides of the bump are
holes so that an axel can placed in the switch from the side. They kit
instruction have a picture telling us not to drive the switch using the
larger 9v motor.

Two of the uses for the micro-motor in the models are driving a stearing
wheel on the remote control car and for moving a transmission on the front
end loader.

Switches can be used for either motor and for any 9v electric part (I imagine.)

This set is currently only available in Europe (I believe) but may be coming to
the states this Christmas. I paid about $100USD for the set.

--
Karl R Altenburg alte...@plains.NoDak.edu
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105

All things are artificial, for nature is the art of God. SIR THOMAS BROWNE

zwge...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 5:55:46 AM10/26/15
Sell:
China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing, manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in smart kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-transmission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunication and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different sizes.
In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partners around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd
Contact: Anny Liu
Tel:+86-755-27322652
Fax:+86-755-27323949
E-mail:sa...@zwgearbox.com
Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao’an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China