Are Furby's evil as that was what was told?

Bubba Baker

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
I sent this once but it did not seem to go through. Escuse me if it
shows up again under my fake news name.

I was thinking of getting my kids one of them Furby things but my
preacher said last Sunday that they was the tool of the devil. My
kids has been crying ever since and I don't know what to do now. Is
there anything you can tell me about this? I really want to do right
by my kids as I only get to see them every other weekend now and the
social worker has to be there and all but this really has me tore up.
I don't want to sin no more either but I really do loves my kids.
Please help me with this.
My life will be satisfied when Bama is #1 again and my old lady sends
me back the keys to my car.

Bob Q.

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99

Nah, the devil uses only Black & Decker tools. He wouldn't be caught
dead trying to tighten a leaky faucet with a Furby. You're safe.

Bubba Baker

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99

You is just pulling my leg aren't you? My preacher said this would be
want would happen. He also said this Internet was another of the
devils tools. You ain't one of them devil worshipers are you? I hope
not. You may just be a unbeliever but I know there are demons out
there and they can take any form. I got rid of a bunch of things just
amonth ago as I bought them used and the people who had them beforre
was evil and that eveil was in them things too. You is just making
fun of me aint you?
Bubba says take care you all

Mike Hall

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
No, Furbys are not the tools of "Satan." They're electronic toys for
saint's sakes! Honestly, whoever your preacher is, he must be a very
hallucinogenic man. Pry a Furby apart if you don't believe me. I don't
see any shrines to "Satan" in its tummy! Just lots of wires. just tell
your kids that it was a rumor and untrue.

ImaQt1015

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
Furbys aren't the tool of the devil, they are just A CHILD'S PLAYTHING!

Nameless

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
You've been trolled!!!! Go to alt.troll, read faq, and you will know what
I mean.

Dick M

Jan 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/20/99
Mike Hall wrote:

> No, Furbys are not the tools of "Satan." They're electronic toys for
> saint's sakes! Honestly, whoever your preacher is, he must be a very
> hallucinogenic man. Pry a Furby apart if you don't believe me. I don't
> see any shrines to "Satan" in its tummy! Just lots of wires. just tell
> your kids that it was a rumor and untrue.

Just pray it hasn't been used at some time by a pagan in worship
services.

--
"History is little more than the register of the crimes, follies,
and misfortunes of mankind." -- Edward Gibbon

vcard.vcf

Omnivore

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99

.
Mike Hall wrote in message <36A63FE9...@vermontel.com>...
>No, Furbys are not the tools of "Satan." They're electronic toys for
>saint's sakes! Honestly, whoever your preacher is, he must be a very
>hallucinogenic man. Pry a Furby apart if you don't believe me. I don't
>see any shrines to "Satan" in its tummy! Just lots of wires. just tell
>your kids that it was a rumor and untrue.

Furbies listen to what you say and make reports of it.
You minions of the truly Evil One are just talking this crap to distract
from what you are truly about.

To keep silent and act wise/ Still not as good
as drinking sake/ Getting drunk and weeping.
Otomo no Tabito (665 - 731)

.

Message has been deleted

Tabitha Adolph

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
I don't think something that was designed to make a child (or adult) smile
could be considered evil, could it?

SIR Gary G

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
>>Subject: Re: Are Furby's evil as that was what was told?
>From: "Tabitha Adolph"

>I don't think something that was designed to make a child (or adult) smile
>could be considered evil, could it?

Well, there are things that can make an adult smile that might be considered
evil : ) but furbys are not one of them.
Sir G

Cornet Joyce Jr.

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99

eskwired either trolled, or blindly assumed:

>If you love your kids, listen to your preacher. He knows what is best.

Most fundamentalist cults, including the Catholics, pound this mantra
day in and day out. The truth of the matter is that unmarried people
don't know jack-shit about marriage, taking care of kids, etc. The truth
of the matter is that most professional ministers, including those of
the _CG run around destroying people with their advice about getting
into business, and dealing with co-workers, because they've never had
a job, themselves.

Fortunately, most of the kids in the _CGs weren't so stupid as to believe
this line of bullshit, and split. The ministry devoted meetings every
years at MRP to ways to KEEP THE CHILDREN IN THE CHURCH. Thank God we
failed.

If you LOVE your kids, keep them away from the "ministry," and ANY
secular advice. And, if it is certain ministers, you might want to
dodge the moral issues, as well, since some rather like the massage
parlours, etc.

CJJ

Dick M

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99

I have seen some ministers in the past give abysmal advice on marriage,
jobs, getting a pet, what color should your car be so you don't fall
into the vanity trap, etc.

I have also seen ministers give good advice, not only to me, but to
others. Some ministers did not give advice but helped the members to
discuss options and to eventually make their own decisions.

When my wife and I received bad advice, we ignored it. When I counsel
others, I try to remember the good advice I got and compare it to
scripture. I've now been happily married for 42 plus years, have two
daughters, and 4 grandchildren.

God love us all,

Dick M
"A cultist is one who has a strong belief in the Bible and the Second
Coming of Christ; who frequently attends Bible studies; who has a high
level of financial giving to a Christian cause; who home schools for
their children; who has accumulated survival foods and has a strong
belief in the Second Amendment; and who distrusts big government.
Any of these may qualify [a person as a cultist] but certainly more
than one [of these] would cause us to look at this person as a threat,
and his family as being in a risk situation that qualified for
government interference."
-- Attorney General Janet Reno, Interview on 60 Minutes, June 26, 1994

"Gun registration is not enough."
-- Attorney General Janet Reno, December 10, 1993 (Associated Press)

"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The
prohibition of firearms is the goal." Janet Reno December 10, 1993
(Associated Press).
"For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through
Jesus Christ" (John 1:17).

Omnivore

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
.
eskw...@SPAMBLOCK.shore.net wrote in message ...

>Mike Hall <top...@vermontel.com> wrote:
>| No, Furbys are not the tools of "Satan." They're electronic toys for
>| saint's sakes! Honestly, whoever your preacher is, he must be a very
>| hallucinogenic man. Pry a Furby apart if you don't believe me. I don't
>| see any shrines to "Satan" in its tummy! Just lots of wires. just tell
>| your kids that it was a rumor and untrue.
>
>The road to eternal damnation begins with but a single step...

Furbys listen to what you say and will tell on you.
Seems they need be outlawed on airplanes as they put out signals that
might screw up navigation and might cause to crash and kill everyone.
I can just see one intact Furby sitting amongst the carnage of a wrecked
plane and mockingly repeating everyone's last screams of terror.
Terrible business.

Dana Phillips

Jan 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/28/99

Omnivore wrote:

> .
> eskw...@SPAMBLOCK.shore.net wrote in message ...
> >Mike Hall <top...@vermontel.com> wrote:
> >| No, Furbys are not the tools of "Satan." They're electronic toys for
> >| saint's sakes! Honestly, whoever your preacher is, he must be a very
> >| hallucinogenic man. Pry a Furby apart if you don't believe me. I don't
> >| see any shrines to "Satan" in its tummy! Just lots of wires. just tell
> >| your kids that it was a rumor and untrue.
> >
> >The road to eternal damnation begins with but a single step...
> >

> Furbys listen to what you say and will tell on you.
> Seems they need be outlawed on airplanes as they put out signals that
> might screw up navigation and might cause to crash and kill everyone.
> I can just see one intact Furby sitting amongst the carnage of a wrecked
> plane and mockingly repeating everyone's last screams of terror.

If they can speak the words of the dead then they might just be evil after all.
See what you have done now OMNI.

--
Dana Phillips

For the story of one family's fight against a power mad DCS worker and
other inept and corrupt people within the system.
Web Page: http://members.tripod.com/LiberalMinded/index.html

OB-LA-DI OB-LA-DA

"The only two things that are infinite in size are the universe and human
stupidity. And I'm not completely sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

Omnivore

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Dana Phillips wrote in message <36B0C5F0...@centuryinter.net>...

>Omnivore wrote:
>
>> .
>> eskw...@SPAMBLOCK.shore.net wrote in message ...
>> >
>> >The road to eternal damnation begins with but a single step...
>> >

>> Furbys listen to what you say and will tell on you.
>> Seems they need be outlawed on airplanes as they put out signals that
>> might screw up navigation and might cause to crash and kill everyone.
>> I can just see one intact Furby sitting amongst the carnage of a
wrecked
>> plane and mockingly repeating everyone's last screams of terror.
>
>If they can speak the words of the dead then they might just be evil after
all.
>See what you have done now OMNI.

Have to give some thought to that.
If merely speaking the words of the ideas amounted to some evil then I
would think it evil enough to mention something said by Plato or Moses or
Abe Lincolin or Jesus or Churchill or Kennedy or.... Well a whole bunch of
folks.
Wasn't Socrates last words something about killing a chicken?

Dana Phillips

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Not only is it evil but now you got them voodoo chickens added to the mix.

--
Dana Phillips

For the story of one family's fight against a power mad DCS worker and
other inept and corrupt people within the system.
Web Page: http://members.tripod.com/LiberalMinded/index.html

I believe that all people have the right and the responsibility that comes
with that right to exercise control over their own lives, and have the right
to live in whatever manner they may freely choose, so long as they do not
interfere with the equal rights of others to live in whatever manner they
freely choose.

Omnivore

Jan 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/29/99

Dana Phillips wrote in message <36B2520F...@centuryinter.net>...

Not to change the topic, but I was thinking about evil and the ideas of
male and female:
Seems to me that on iether side of neutral were Adam and Eve with her
more aligned witht the serpent and Adam with God (The Boss).
Seemed to me that God condemned them for doing evil when they would have
had no idea what evil was. Having no idea of what evil might have been how
could one expect them to not indulge in the first temptation that came
along?

phoenix_...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/30/99
"Omnivore" <sun...@SPAMOFFpacbell.net> wrote:

> Not to change the topic, but I was thinking about evil and the ideas of
> male and female:
> Seems to me that on iether side of neutral were Adam and Eve with her
> more aligned witht the serpent and Adam with God (The Boss).
> Seemed to me that God condemned them for doing evil when they would have
> had no idea what evil was. Having no idea of what evil might have been how
> could one expect them to not indulge in the first temptation that came
> along?

are you two the only posters here? man, somebody needs to run a recruiting
campaign... anyway, on the god giving "evil" to adam and eve... it's a good
point you make, and to my mind not the only one like it. it's a basic problem
with the whole concept of god as he is explained, as the christians believe
in him.

if you actually take the stories of god we're given, there's no way god can
be all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving at once. hell, he couldn't even
be a very nice guy.

i can't prove anything about god, of course. all i can say is, from those who
claim to love him, he seems like a dick.

~phoenix~
"there is a crack, in everything. that's how the light gets in..."

hai...@knightwave.com

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I don't think there really is a
"Bubba".I'm sorry but I don't honestly believe that there could be someone
that could actually say the things that "Bubba" says.Besides he said himself
that his preacher said that the internet was a tool of satan, yet he keeps
using it to respond to everyones messages.So why would him buying a Furby be
any different??? Maybe it's just me?????? If there really is a "Bubba" I
apologize, but I just don't see it happeneing. :-)

In article <zWTp2.374$jW6....@typhoon-sf.pbi.net>,

"Omnivore" <sun...@SPAMOFFpacbell.net> wrote:

> .
> Mike Hall wrote in message <36A63FE9...@vermontel.com>...

> >No, Furbys are not the tools of "Satan." They're electronic toys for
> >saint's sakes! Honestly, whoever your preacher is, he must be a very
> >hallucinogenic man. Pry a Furby apart if you don't believe me. I don't
> >see any shrines to "Satan" in its tummy! Just lots of wires. just tell
> >your kids that it was a rumor and untrue.
> >

> Furbies listen to what you say and make reports of it.
> You minions of the truly Evil One are just talking this crap to distract
> from what you are truly about.
>

> To keep silent and act wise/ Still not as good
> as drinking sake/ Getting drunk and weeping.
> Otomo no Tabito (665 - 731)
>
> .

JustMe

Feb 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/5/99
It seems to me that entire thread was one big troll.

bonni...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2013, 1:55:36 PM12/8/13
On Wednesday, January 20, 1999 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Bubba Baker wrote:
> I sent this once but it did not seem to go through. Escuse me if it
> shows up again under my fake news name.
>
> I was thinking of getting my kids one of them Furby things but my
> preacher said last Sunday that they was the tool of the devil. My
> kids has been crying ever since and I don't know what to do now. Is
> there anything you can tell me about this? I really want to do right
> by my kids as I only get to see them every other weekend now and the
> social worker has to be there and all but this really has me tore up.
> I don't want to sin no more either but I really do loves my kids.
> Please help me with this.
> My life will be satisfied when Bama is #1 again and my old lady sends
> me back the keys to my car.

I don't think furbies are evil. Well I don't think nobody knows this but I think the toys are supposed to be gremlins. (From a horror movie) I don't think they're evil there just toys. If they were evil God would stop the person from making the toys. People freaked out because they don't need batteries to work it's because they work on a satelite (idk how to spell it) a long time ago.I don't have a furby but i want one. I really hope it's not a satan toy but i doubt that it is one. They're just robots!!!!~! Programmed to do there job! I'm still unsure about the gremlin thing though..........,gremlins are pretty scary watch the movie. I watched it when I was a little kid. THEY LOOK SO CUTEEEEEEE AND REALISTIC. Then it turns out there evil. (Not saying the furbies are I'm talking about a fantasy movie call the gremlins obviously).

elaine...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2013, 7:11:35 PM12/20/13
seriously Furbys r nice my grandson's friend has one and he's nice

david....@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2014, 12:55:23 PM2/17/14
Listen, furbies are not evil whatsoever, I have got one and they're not evil, now just stop worrying!