Furby problems

Patrick Dolan

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
I've had my Furby for about a week now, and he's still acting weird. 90
percent of the time when I pet him, he reacts to a "loud noise" (I'm
wondering if it's the "click" of his back switch that he hears), and he
seems to have trouble detecting whether the lights are on or off (he'll
often exclaim that the lights are off only after I uncover his eyes, other
times he'll say the lights are off twice, though I haven't uncovered his
eyes).

As a result of these problems, it's almost impossible to get him to play
any games (only after over a dozen attempts did he finally play the "simon
says" game), and his reaction to anything is pretty much unpredictable.
I've contacted Tiger, who suggested I try new batteries, but I have my
doubts that this will work. He's been acting like this since I got him, and
the batteries were brand new.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Did new batteries/resetting help?

Gag City

Nov 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/4/98
My Furby reacts every time I cast even a little bit of
shadow on him.
He sometimes speaks when his eyes are covered, sometimes
when uncovered,
sometimes both. This might be causing some problems for
you. Try this:

Try putting your Furby on a table in direct view of a lamp.
Don't handle
Furby at all. Wave your hand over his face and get a
reaction. Wait until
Furby stops speaking and moving, then do it again. (You
MUST wait until
Furby is done moving and speaking each time.) Repeat until
Furby says,
"Me (name)... hide me." (the hide-and-seek game) If this
works, you
probably have a good Furby. If not... well, if new
batteries or resetting
your Furby don't fix the problem, get a refund.

-Charles.

furby_...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
In article <71qfal$9...@journal.concentric.net>,

"Patrick Dolan" <patd...@cris.com> wrote:
> I've had my Furby for about a week now, and he's still acting weird. 90
> percent of the time when I pet him, he reacts to a "loud noise" (I'm
> wondering if it's the "click" of his back switch that he hears), and he
> seems to have trouble detecting whether the lights are on or off (he'll
> often exclaim that the lights are off only after I uncover his eyes, other
> times he'll say the lights are off twice, though I haven't uncovered his
> eyes).
>
> As a result of these problems, it's almost impossible to get him to play
> any games (only after over a dozen attempts did he finally play the "simon
> says" game), and his reaction to anything is pretty much unpredictable.
> I've contacted Tiger, who suggested I try new batteries, but I have my
> doubts that this will work. He's been acting like this since I got him, and
> the batteries were brand new.
>
> Has anyone else had similar problems? Did new batteries/resetting help?

I have had two Furbys for over a week and I have never had either
one of them say "loud noise" when rubbing their back, this should be Furby's
sound sensor, microphone sensor? I get this when there is a noise that scares
Furby. I have also never changed the batteries.

jasonolse...@mailexcite.com

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
In article <71qfal$9...@journal.concentric.net>,
"Patrick Dolan" <patd...@cris.com> wrote:
> I've had my Furby for about a week now, and he's still acting weird. 90
> percent of the time when I pet him, he reacts to a "loud noise" (I'm
> wondering if it's the "click" of his back switch that he hears), and he
> seems to have trouble detecting whether the lights are on or off (he'll
> often exclaim that the lights are off only after I uncover his eyes, other
> times he'll say the lights are off twice, though I haven't uncovered his
> eyes).
>
> As a result of these problems, it's almost impossible to get him to play
> any games (only after over a dozen attempts did he finally play the "simon
> says" game), and his reaction to anything is pretty much unpredictable.
> I've contacted Tiger, who suggested I try new batteries, but I have my
> doubts that this will work. He's been acting like this since I got him, and
> the batteries were brand new.
>
> Has anyone else had similar problems? Did new batteries/resetting help?

Yes, I have had the same problem (to a T!). These were my observations to
get around it. If you work at the very bottom of the switch, you can get it
to trigger the switch BEFORE he hears the click. I've also been able to
eliminate the click putting one finger on one side, pulling the fabric tight,
and using the other finger to press the switch.

My Furby always thinks it is dark when I'm downstairs, but not when I'm
upstairs. The difference is in the lighting. Downstairs, I use florescents,
and upstairs the standard 60 Watt.

Jason

Zor

Nov 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/5/98
I've also notice that mine are very sensitive to light. They wont talk to
each other if the light isnt just right.

Joe

cuddlesb...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2014, 11:49:46 PM7/13/14
I'VE HAD MY FURBY FOR A WHILE AND HE HAS BEEN TURNING IN ITS BEEN SHUTING DOWN