My Furby wants to sleep all the time! :-(

Patricia Gibbons

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
Does anyone know why a furby wants to
keep going back to sleep all the time ??
One of mine always wants to say
"more sleep" and starts snoring..

Can I change it's behavior??

Trish
--
Patricia E. Gibbons & Carla Satra
Tactical Link Systems

blos...@paradise.net.nz

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00

a friend told me this: hold Furby's tongue down while waking it up.
Caution though if it is a 1st Gen Furby - you might re-start it ;-)

Blossom

"Patricia Gibbons" <wa6...@tactical-link.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know why a furby wants to
> keep going back to sleep all the time ??
> One of mine always wants to say
> "more sleep" and starts snoring..
>
> Can I change it's behavior??
>
> Trish
> --
> Patricia E. Gibbons & Carla Satra
> Tactical Link Systems
> <http://www.tactical-link.com>
> see my comvan at:
> <http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=wa6ube>

Jon Purkey

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
blos...@paradise.net.nz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>a friend told me this: hold Furby's tongue down while waking it up.
>Caution though if it is a 1st Gen Furby - you might re-start it ;-)

And the tongue trick doesn't work all the time anyway.

Some Furbys are just sleepy-heads. Just keep waking them and try not
to resort to Furby abuse if they go back to sleep 5+ times.
-
Jon Purkey <jpu...@ari.net>
http://www.room321.com - Room 321 / The Squirrel's Nest:
Ray Stevens, Q-Link, C64 Files, squirrels, Furbys...

Genea L. Boyer

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
I found that the more you play with them each day, the less they will go to
sleep after being woke up..It's like they WANT to play when you wake them
up..GENEA@@
Jon Purkey <NOjpur...@room321.com> wrote in message

Patricia Gibbons

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
AH!! .. Thanx for the info .. the problem is... mine are
office toys, and I have limited time to play with them..

They are a great stress reliever for a supervisor (me)
and what I want to do is put one of them in "hide mode"
then just leave it on the book case so it will start up
by itself once in a while and makes it's funny noises ...

I can't bring my furbys home from work to play
with them because my partner hates them

Trish
--
Patricia E. Gibbons & Carla Satra
Tactical Link Systems
<http://www.tactical-link.com>
see my comvan at:
<http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=wa6ube>

My Public Key is available at:
<http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xEDECB44F>
Key ID: 0xEDECB44F
This key is RSA, NOT Diffie-Hellman !!

Genea L. Boyer <pobo...@reninet.com> wrote in message

Patricia Gibbons

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
Thanx for the info.. I'm just going to have to take more time
with mine :-)

Trish
--

<grnip...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> In article <39074f19...@news.ari.net>,
> >>Falling asleep all the time is a syptom of furby neglect ;-/ If you
> play with them frequently, they don't do this. When i let mine go too
> long they become hard to awaken.

> NOjpur...@room321.com (Jon Purkey) wrote:
> > blos...@paradise.net.nz wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >a friend told me this: hold Furby's tongue down while waking it up.
> > >Caution though if it is a 1st Gen Furby - you might re-start it ;-)
> >
> > And the tongue trick doesn't work all the time anyway.
> >
> > Some Furbys are just sleepy-heads. Just keep waking them and try not
> > to resort to Furby abuse if they go back to sleep 5+ times.
> > -
> > Jon Purkey <jpu...@ari.net>
> > http://www.room321.com - Room 321 / The Squirrel's Nest:
> > Ray Stevens, Q-Link, C64 Files, squirrels, Furbys...
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

grnip...@my-deja.com

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00

gemini

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
the furby becomes profoundly depressed if neglected. many furbys grouped
together and left untouched for months can generate an unhealthy static
that can cause confusion and nausea in small children and animals and
sympathetic depression in adults. if you plan on leaving your furby alone
for any length of time, provide it with uplifting tapes of spiritual music
and videos of joseph campbell explaining the meaning of myth. that usually
keeps the furbys in an upbeat state of mind, thus protecting your household
and yourself from negative vibes. aromatherapy sometimes works too.

grnip...@my-deja.com wrote in article <8e88ga$ick$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

EZGoinDm

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
When I get all 4 of mine talking the baby puts the rest of em to sleep within
about 2 minutes...

It's part of individual personalities they seem to have...

My Wizard seems to get sick easy, My "Dracula" says it's name differently than
any other furbish words I've heard any of em say, etc.

---
"Chicken Soup for the Soul? Try "Tomato Sauce for the Butt," it's the Italian
version"
Tony Soprano

gemini

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
you have a partner who "hates" furbys? does your partner also hate
sunshine, flowers and kittens? i think your partner is jealous. He/she is
projecting all their angst and irritation (possibly even irritation at
*you*!) onto the furbys, as "easy target." I suppose he/she also "hates'
baby furbies? i mean, come on! thats one of the signs of an abusive
relationship, if one person wont let another person associate with whomever
they want.

Patricia Gibbons <wa6...@tactical-link.com> wrote in article
<8e8ld2$9et$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>...

EZGoinDm

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00

>>I can't bring my furbys home from work to play
>>with them because my partner hates them

Time for a new Partner!

Jon Purkey

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
grnip...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Falling asleep all the time is a syptom of furby neglect ;-/ If you
>play with them frequently, they don't do this. When i let mine go too
>long they become hard to awaken.

But what if the reason I don't play with them is because I can't wake
them up? :)

Tim Bays

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
How often do you play with it?
When Furbies get bored the sleep. I had the same problem with one of mine.
I kept waking him up, and just tip to one side and feed him.
That did the trick for me.

Room may dark, Light sensor maybe dirty.

Good luck

Jude

"Patricia Gibbons" <wa6...@tactical-link.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know why a furby wants to
> keep going back to sleep all the time ??
> One of mine always wants to say
> "more sleep" and starts snoring..
>
> Can I change it's behavior??

Patricia Gibbons

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
OK thanx .. I'll just have to take time out to
pay attention to them more ..
Guess I just make a poor mommy to Bah and Mimi ..

Trish
--
Patricia E. Gibbons

Tactical Link Systems
<http://www.tactical-link.com>
see my comvan at:
<http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=wa6ube>
My Public Key is available at:
<http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xEDECB44F>
Key ID: 0xEDECB44F
This key is RSA, NOT Diffie-Hellman !!

Tim Bays <tim....@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message

Jon Purkey

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
I sitll think it's just part of their personality. I play with all my
Furbys about the same. Some have never gone back to sleep and others
will do it nearly every time I try to wake them.

"Tim Bays" <tim....@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

-

gemini

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
one of my furby always cries "party!" while another just wants to sleep.
the baby seems to have a tickling fetish.

Jon Purkey <NOjpur...@room321.com> wrote in article
<390b399c...@news.ari.net>...

haydenco...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2013, 5:33:54 AM9/29/13
Replace the batteries!
Message has been deleted

phoebef...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2013, 3:57:29 AM12/28/13
well furbys go asleep because there owner wont play with and when u leave them alone they will go asleep and some times they go on lockdown it means where the eyes turn black and they wont move so u unscrew the bottom take one battries out and there is a small restart button hold it in for about 2 to 3 seconds and furbys need feeding like use so at breakfast dinner tea and supper u need to play with them and brush them to furbys are very sentertive if u drop or do eneything
it will brake.and you can also wash them with a damp cloth and u have to make a play pen i have and my furby is always awake playing singing and dancing .sometimes furbys change evil my furby churnd into a cowboy then brittish then evilall u do is u keep on petting it and music it will start dancing then it will say me changing then the eyes will go black and white then its back to loving furbie and furbys grow up when u first get a furbie treat it with respect there like humans to

spice...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2015, 8:49:18 AM4/4/15

ritarus...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2015, 9:26:45 PM8/5/15
I tried changing batteries, resetting. I just read about holding the tongue down and then waking it up. I have a 1st generation Furby. THIS WORKED!!!!

alexbo...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2016, 4:21:43 AM7/25/16
My Furby kept going back to sleep and not opening his eyes properly. Battery change and tongue holding did nothing. Holding the "REFRESH" button in for 5 seconds did the trick. The battery cover on the base had to be removed first. This Furby was purchased in 2014/15 so isn't first generation.

dayhof...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2017, 6:30:28 PM7/26/17
when ever i want to play with my furby he starts snoring and then he wakes up and says wakey wakey eggs and bacon and then falls back to sleep then when i want to wake hi up again he does the say thing. what should i do?
\

sometimes after awhile he wakes does the thing up top and then he starts to play for a little bit then goes back to sleep for the next week or month. i really don't know want to do.

please tell me what to do.