textedit subwindow

Krys J. Kochut

Jun 4, 2002, 10:35:46 PM6/4/02

I need to modify an old Xview-based application which incorporates
a textedit-style subwindow. It is on an older Sun system (Solaris 2.4).

The problem I have is that the textedit subwindow appears to have a line length
limit of 200. Any line longer than 200 chars is wrapped, even though the
width of the window would allow for more. BTW, this is not the case on
a newer system (Solaris 2.8), where the lines can be much longer.

Anyone knows how to increase the display line length limit of 200 chars
in textedit subwindow? Where is this limit coming from?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Krys Kochut

koc...@cs.uga.edu