Re: Confederate Shop's Reopening Causes Georgia Official To Resign In Protest

Hillary Clinton Vote Purchasing

Jun 19, 2022, 6:25:03 PM6/19/22
In article <st9qt4$s0fd$9...@news.freedyn.de>
rudy canoza <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Here's the fat bitch.

<https://patch.com/img/cdn/users/114174/2011/08/raw/e29b438cf8b0
aca66319212be7c3181b.jpg>

KENNESAW, Ga. (AP) — A city councilman in Georgia has resigned
to protest the reopening of a Confederate souvenir shop that
sells images with racial slurs and dolls and statues that
caricature Black people, news outlets reported.

Kennesaw Councilman James “Doc” Eaton said he wanted no part of
the city’s decision to issue a business license to the downtown
store. His resignation is effective on June 21.

“It breaks my heart to have to do it,” Eaton told The Atlanta
Journal-Constitution.

Eaton’s daughter, Cris Eaton Welsh, owns a chiropractic business
across the street from the souvenir shop and said she plans to
relocate.

“There’s a difference between selling merchandise and
propagating hate,” Eaton Welsh said.

Wildman’s Civil War Surplus reopened Tuesday after closing
earlier this year following the death of its founder, Dent
“Wildman” Myers, and the expiration of its business license, the
AJC reported.

Marjorie Lyon, who worked with Myers for years, said reopening
Wildman’s “wasn’t a decision.”

“It’s an honor,” she told the AJC. Lyon identified herself as
the store’s manager.

“I don’t have any control over someone’s emotional response,”
she said. “I’ve heard all kinds of colorful things. And
everybody’s entitled to their opinion.”

The store also carries Confederate memorabilia, antique weapons
and Civil War books, the Marietta Daily Journal reported.

City officials said the store had gone through the process
required of all businesses to obtain a license.

“The city of Kennesaw does not pick nor choose nor try to find
reasons not to issue a business license when an applicant meets
all of the criteria,” City Manager Jeff Drobney told WAGA-TV.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/confederate-shop-reopening-
official-resignation_n_62aec632e4b0cdccbe5e8f08

Hillary Clinton Vote Purchasing

Jul 8, 2022, 9:40:02 PM7/8/22
In article <rt9vs5$se7$1...@neodome.net>