Karma and suffering

mrdj...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 1:11:33 PM7/1/15
I always found the religions of the East more appealing to the more war like religions of Christianity and Islam. No-one has launched a crusade or jihad in the name of Buddhism or Hinduism. The suffering of other sentient beings should register something in the feelings of the individual. Bad karma is reflected back to you or comes back to you. There is enough education and wealth to sort out the suffering in the world. Some people have accumulated billions in wealth due to their endeavour but the suffering of others doesn't register. Birth control, education and business start-ups could help poor regions. The influx from Africa of immigrants into Europe is due to not sorting the problems at Africa at their source. The quakers teach that meditation links you with God. I have always believed that meditation links you with a higher power.

jguz...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2015, 9:43:43 AM9/23/15
On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 12:11:33 PM UTC-5, mrdj...@gmail.com wrote:
> I always found the religions of the East more appealing to the more war like religions of Christianity and Islam. No-one has launched a crusade or jihad in the name of Buddhism or Hinduism. The suffering of other sentient beings should register something in the feelings of the individual. Bad karma is reflected back to you or comes back to you. There is enough education and wealth to sort out the suffering in the world. Some people have accumulated billions in wealth due to their endeavour but the suffering of others doesn't register. Birth control, education and business start-ups could help poor regions. The influx from Africa of immigrants into Europe is due to not sorting the problems at Africa at their source. The quakers teach that meditation links you with God. I have always believed that meditation links you with a higher power.

With your understanding of religions of the East, do you think that the problems you describe may be illusions which are solvable with a switch of perception?