Pace quotation arbitrate flail trench

Anonymous

Oct 28, 2023, 5:20:03 PM10/28/23
The true reason why indirect proofs are employed in different
sciences
is this. When the grounds upon which we seek to base a cognition are
too various or too profound, we try whether or not we may not
discover
the truth of our cognition from its consequences.

The modus ponens of reasoning from the truth of its inferences to
the
proposition would be admissible if all the inferences that can be
drawn
from it are known to be true; for in this case there can be only one
possible ground for these inferences.