somewhat recent tastings

idiot detector

Jul 18, 2006, 9:01:54 PM7/18/06
been meaning to post this for a while while the memories were still fresh

last May, went to a bday party where most tof the gifts were wine or
tequila - had my first taste of Don Eduardo silver - very good (I am partial
to silver) I would rank this very high - very smooth but with a lot of
flavor - my new favorite

Went to San Antonio last month and stayed at a nice place on the Riverwalk.
Instead of a wine list, they had an "Agave Library" (took a copy)- I was
most pleased. My tastings that evening:

Patron Silver - had to start with an old favorite just to set the standard.
Good as always
Casa Noble Blanco - hazy here, it was decent
Corazon Blanco - OK, a bit rougher than I expected. I frequently have the
Reposado which I really like and was expecting more from this.
Don Julio Blanco - very good, Patron level if not higher
Gran Centanario Plata - I have wanted to try this for a while, saw it
advertised in Wine Spectator and was a sucker for it's slick packaging -
very smooth, no flavor at all
Herradura Silver - hazy on this one, I recall it being OK, not so smooth
Milagro Silver - not so good, flavor OK, fairly rough

That was it for the evening, they did have a Herradura La Suprema at
55/shot, wasn't feeling that rich.