Should I bother?

LauraM

May 18, 2009, 7:57:47 PM5/18/09
I have an opportunity to pick up a free Bushnell 900 x 114mm refractor
telescope as part of service award from my company. Should I
bother?? I'd love to have one and saw this on the list of gifts.
Just interested in seeing the moon and maybe a planet or two? I'd
love your input. Thank you!
Message has been deleted

LauraM

May 19, 2009, 5:32:15 PM5/19/09
On May 18, 10:15 pm, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 May 2009 16:57:47 -0700 (PDT), LauraM <fingerso...@yahoo.com>
> declaimed the following in alt.telescopes.meade:
>         I'm not sure who owns Bushnell these days... but I sure hope the
> manual for the scope didn't suggest the finder be mounted as it is at:
>
> http://www.telescopes.com/telescopes/go-to-telescopes/bushnellgoto675...
>
>         I've got some of those "red-dot" finders (these low-cost red-dot
> finders started out as red-dot sights for pellet rifles) and I can
> assure you the one on the display telescope is backwards...
>
>         Other than that -- no comment...
> --
>         Wulfraed        Dennis Lee Bieber               KD6MOG
>         wlfr...@ix.netcom.com          wulfr...@bestiaria.com
>                 HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
>         (Bestiaria Support Staff:               web-a...@bestiaria.com)
>                 HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/

Thanks for your input. I've found some other reviews on-line that
were not favorable as well, so I think I'll go with getting a clock.
I don't want to get a piece of junk. Some day we'd love to get a
telescope. Our house in the mountains is perfect for viewing. Not
much light around there.