What to buy

Peter

Dec 23, 2010, 7:45:22 PM12/23/10
The one thing i really need is help in buying my 12 year old son a
telescope. How-ever, i dont know the first thing about them, nor what to buy
my son who is interested in the stars. SO canany one give me some advice on
what type to buy. Any help will be much appreciated.

Peter

Queensland, Australia

GB

Dec 24, 2010, 12:19:17 PM12/24/10
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:45:22 +1100, "Peter" <pdo9...@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

First, you have to learn your sky. If you go in a forest without a map
and a compas, you won't be able to find your destination, you'll be
lost soon, it is the same for the sky. Local astronomy club could give
you a good support. Here some url that can help you.

http://www.manitobamuseum.ca/main/wp-content/uploads/Telescope-Primer-August-2010.pdf
http://ezinearticles.com/?Tips-on-Choosing-a-Childrens-Telescope-For-Your-Special-Young-Astronomer&id=4282196
http://www.articlesbase.com/science-articles/how-to-choose-a-childrens-telescope-for-your-special-young-astronomer-2386780.html