Autostar II fade out

ricbrek

Feb 16, 2010, 3:15:06 PM2/16/10
Hi

I have an LX200GPS SMT purchased just over 2 years ago. I am
experiencing that the Hand controller just fades out and in from time
to time. At first I thought this was battery related... but now find
that it happens when the power supply is plugged in as well. This is a
12 volt system.

Any ideas as to whats up ? It doesnt seem to affect the scopes
operation otherwise. I have held the connector from the hand
controller to the front panel in place with my hands to assure a tight
snug fit but this doesnt seem to help either.

Any thoughts appreciated.