Replacement power supply for 18 VDC Meade LX200 EMC

limey

Oct 6, 2009, 8:57:05 AM10/6/09
I obtained an old LX200 EMC. The optics are great!, however I have no
power supply or controller for the unit. Meade, of course, no longer
supports these scopes. I looked at an after market 18VDC unregulated
power supply but the positive pin connection is only 2.5mm and won't
fit the connection. Has anyone found an after market replacement power
supply that works?

Are there other goto mounts that the LX200 can utilize?

victor

Oct 8, 2009, 12:51:35 PM10/8/09

Thad Floryan

Oct 8, 2009, 1:38:59 PM10/8/09

That is NOT the correct power supply for an LX200 Classic that
requires 18VDC; the one you cited at eBay produces 12VDC and the OP
clearly wrote he has an LX200 Classic requiring a REGULATED 18VDC.

Note to OP: an unregulated 18VDC power supply will pop many of the
capacitors in the LX200 Classic's handcontroller and damage the
handcontroller's button membrane.

Also to OP: you would be well-advised to join the LX200 Classic
Group at Yahoo for all the help, parts and other assistance you'll
receive there.

This is the Yahoo group you want to join:

which caters specifically to the LX200 Classic that was made
between 1992 and 2002 (both 12VDC and the later 18VDC versions).