Using God to support you – is it as effective as a bra?

Steve Christie

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
Some people, in their arguments, are using God as their support. Now, it's
best just not to do that. Even less astute people want "proof" and
"evidence" of this "God". Now we're all caught up in a tangled web of
deceit. The whole thing about God (yes, I'm not sure what I believe) is that
there is no proof about him; you must have faith. Therefore, if you have
faith, and it turns out that he *does* exist: you're fine. If you have faith
and he doesn't exist: you're with every one of the other non-believers. If
you don't believe and he *does* exist: oh, mama, hot time in the cooker for
thee. But, Peter stealing Steve's car will result in a profanity so loud
that it will drown out the wailing of the damned in hell.
*Walks away humming # And learn to live with each other.#
*

--
$teve Christie II
The only other 20th-century leader who, on the road to megalomania and near

Nick Coons

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
Hi Steve!

> Therefore, if you have faith, and it turns out that he *does* exist: > you're fine.

What if you just pretend to have faith? Would it be as effective?

E-Mail : ni...@dcs-home.com | Company : Dynamic Computer Systems
Website : http://www.dcs-home.com | Phone : 480.858.0429
ICQ # : 2462711 | Location : Tempe, AZ USA

Peter

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
Steve Christie <St...@deeppurple.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Some people, in their arguments, are using God as their support. Now, it's
> best just not to do that. Even less astute people want "proof" and
> "evidence" of this "God". Now we're all caught up in a tangled web of
> deceit. The whole thing about God (yes, I'm not sure what I believe) is that
> there is no proof about him; you must have faith. Therefore, if you have
> faith, and it turns out that he *does* exist: you're fine. If you have faith
> and he doesn't exist: you're with every one of the other non-believers. If
> you don't believe and he *does* exist: oh, mama, hot time in the cooker for
> thee.

Well, if he *does* exist (and if he is such a loving one like the church
says) he wont send anybody to hell just for not believing in him.

> But, Peter stealing Steve's car will result in a profanity so loud
> that it will drown out the wailing of the damned in hell.

Stealing, what a harsh word! I never said anything about stealing the
car - just a little change of ownership ;-)

Peter

PS (trying to translate a German joke):

A sinner comes to hell and is surprised to find hundreds of wine bottles
an naked girls there.
"Well, seems like hell isn't such a bad place at all."
Another man answers.
"Don't be so sure. Look at the bottles: they all have a hole at the
bottom. And look at the girls: they don't."

Steve Christie

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
Ahahahahahahahahah.

Same sort of joke, guy who spent his life drinking and lpaying golf and he
ends up in hell. Finds free golf equipment and beautiful courses.....but no
golf balls.

Klaatu

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
On Sun, 25 Jul 1999 09:49:53 +0200, Pet...@topmail.de (Peter) wrote:

>Steve Christie <St...@deeppurple.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> ... people want "proof" ... of this "God".
>> ... there is no proof about him; you must have faith.

Anselm of Canterburys 11th century 'proof' of the existence of god
went like this:

(1) god = an infinitely perfect being.
(2) an infinitely perfect being must have all qualities in
perfection.
(3) the first of those qualities is existence, therefore:
(4) god exists.

Where Anselm stepped on his dick was in putting god on both sides of
the equation, thus:

"god is - (yada-yada) = god is"

but it didn't matter. clergy in the Celestial Assurance industry
earn their pay by inventing a reason to believe,
then pretending to believe it.
Then they ask for a donation, to support the Lords work.

A fellow gives another expensive cigars. the other says:
"that's too grand to take as a gift; let me buy them."
"okay, give me a pound for the box."
"hell, at that price, I'll take ten boxes."

good intentions will wreck you as quickly as 'evil' ones.

Anselm made a reliable wage for his work, and gained the
respect of the kind of people that respect that kind of thing. He
lived to a green old age, and when people praised his faith he would
drag out his 'proof', and wind it up and make it go. To the end of his
life he nurtured it, and petted it and cuddled it and was just as
happy as if he had good sense.

>> If you don't believe and he *does* exist: oh, mama, hot time in the cooker for
>> thee.

People are (were, until this generation) bred to be
embarrassed to dump on the naive faithful, from the same impulse that
urges reluctance to tell a child Santa Claus isn't real. In this case,
the disadvantaged have an advantage: a 5-year-old in Watts said:

"you know gott. damn. well, ain' no white man comin' down here
at no midnight."

>Well, if he *does* exist (and if he is such a loving one like the church
>says) he wont send anybody to hell just for not believing in him.

a priest converted Apaches near Truchas, New Mexico to the True Faith.

he had an iron cage on a cart, and burned dogs and cats alive in it,
to 'explain hell to the savages'.
he convinced them that their purpose in life was to atone
for the killing of Christ. i was there for Easter 1992.
the faithful gathered to walk around the church on their knees,
in broken glass. grandmothers lashed their descendants,
( bleeding gratefully) with barbed-wire. then they have a mass, choose
a volunteer and go crucify him in the hills. Far as i know, 1989 was
the last time they arrested somebody about it. didn't work.

according to Bill Clinton, what modern youth needs most is to respect
traditional religious family values.

klaatu

>> But, Peter stealing Steve's car will result in a profanity so loud
>> that it will drown out the wailing of the damned in hell.
>

>Stealing, what a harsh word! I never said anything about stealing the
>car - just a little change of ownership ;-)
>
>Peter
>

>PS (trying to translate a German joke):
>
>A sinner comes to hell and is surprised to find hundreds of wine bottles
>an naked girls there.
>"Well, seems like hell isn't such a bad place at all."
>Another man answers.
>"Don't be so sure. Look at the bottles: they all have a hole at the
>bottom. And look at the girls: they don't."

eww!

Nick Coons

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
Hi Klaatu!

> Anselm of Canterburys 11th century 'proof' of the existence of god
> went like this:

> (1) god = an infinitely perfect being.
> (2) an infinitely perfect being must have all qualities in
> perfection.
> (3) the first of those qualities is existence, therefore:
> (4) god exists.

What a perfectly circular argument.

Peter

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
Nick Coons <ni...@dcs-home.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve!

> > Therefore, if you have faith, and it turns out that he *does* exist:
> > you're fine.
>

> What if you just pretend to have faith? Would it be as effective?

At least you would be in company with million others.

For what it's worth, my 2c about god(s) - and dont' be afraid, it's
really short:

Just believe in yourself, and you wont need some imaginary higher being
for giving you guidance and strength. And you wont have to cope with all
the double morals. Works just fine for me.

PeterC

Klaatu

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
On Sun, 25 Jul 1999 15:56:45 -0700, Nick Coons <ni...@dcs-home.com>
wrote:

>Hi Klaatu!

>> Anselm of Canterburys 11th century 'proof' of the existence of god
>> went like this:
>
>> (1) god = an infinitely perfect being.
>> (2) an infinitely perfect being must have all qualities in
>> perfection.
>> (3) the first of those qualities is existence, therefore:
>> (4) god exists.
>
> What a perfectly circular argument.

Hi Nick!
well said. auld Anselm is known as a revolving clown;
he looks the same from every angle.
big-time defender of the faith, though.
an inspiration to us all. think i'm gonna go for it ...
i feel epiphany coming on ...

REVEALED!
Jesus drove a Honda!
(For yea, all the disciples were in one Accord) - Matthew

think i could parley this into a steady job at a seminary?
beats working for a living.

klaatu

Klaatu

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:06:56 +0200, Pet...@topmail.de (Peter) wrote:

as religions go, that's about as clear and clean as it gets.
also, you can be sure any sacrifices you make go to useful purpose.

what's ironic is that the original-recipe Judaic stipulated that
everyone 'do as is right in their own eyes'.

it was after they started franchising the rights things went wonky.

klaatu

Klaatu

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
On Sat, 24 Jul 1999 21:06:02 -0700, Nick Coons <ni...@dcs-home.com>
wrote:

>Hi Steve!
>
>> Therefore, if you have faith, and it turns out that he *does* exist: > you're fine.
> What if you just pretend to have faith? Would it be as effective?

When you pretend to have faith, it's fun to pretend it's
effective, too. that way, you always have a reason to believe, and you
can 'prove' anything you like.

Michael Mielke

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
> > What if you just pretend to have faith? Would it be as effective?
>
> When you pretend to have faith, it's fun to pretend it's
> effective, too. that way, you always have a reason to believe, and you
> can 'prove' anything you like.

It is not a matter of what you look like to other people. It is a matter
of what you are on your inside.

|\ /| ICHAEL http://dave.mielke.cc/~michael Bill Gates does not make
| \/ | IELKE If you have any other comments Microsoft Windows, Bill
| | just email me @ mic...@mielke.cc Gates makes Crashing Windows
Losers are Money Wasters, Drug Users and Cheaters

Klaatu

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99

agreed.
klaatu

Brian Warner

Jul 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/30/99
Just to let you know, theres a book out there by Thomas Moore (i
forget the title, any Catholics help me out here) that goes in to
detal of 7 different proofs for an existance of a God. Rather
interesting book, i suggest it.

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999 23:56:08 +0100, "Steve Christie"
<St...@deeppurple.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Some people, in their arguments, are using God as their support. Now, it's
>best just not to do that. Even less astute people want "proof" and
>"evidence" of this "God". Now we're all caught up in a tangled web of
>deceit. The whole thing about God (yes, I'm not sure what I believe) is that
>there is no proof about him; you must have faith. Therefore, if you have
>faith, and it turns out that he *does* exist: you're fine. If you have faith

>and he doesn't exist: you're with every one of the other non-believers. If

>you don't believe and he *does* exist: oh, mama, hot time in the cooker for

>thee. But, Peter stealing Steve's car will result in a profanity so loud

>that it will drown out the wailing of the damned in hell.

Drakmere

Jul 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/30/99
In article <37a1b055...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, brian_...@iname.com (Brian Warner)
did bestow the following nugget of wisdom:

>Just to let you know, theres a book out there by Thomas Moore (i
>forget the title, any Catholics help me out here) that goes in to
>detal of 7 different proofs for an existance of a God. Rather
>interesting book, i suggest it.

Does it prove that God exists or that a god exists?

--
All spellings are not guaranteed accurate. ICQ: 8869737 Yahoo: Drakmere Aim: drakmere9
The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.

CalPup

Jul 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/31/99
Klaatu,

Just like to say,
though it's taken too long to say it,
that I rather like having you around....

Just an opinion,

© Cal AllThingsToAll Pup ®
______________________________________
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5041/
the alt.teens source..

"Sunlight bathed the valley
with a creation of great repose.
Birds nested in the branches of the ash trees,
and a swan glided on golden sunlit water."

-David Wingrove

Nick Coons

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
Hi Klaatu!

> > What if you just pretend to have faith? Would it be as effective?

> When you pretend to have faith, it's fun to pretend it's
> effective, too. that way, you always have a reason to believe, and you
> can 'prove' anything you like.

I know plenty of people like that.

Nick Coons

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
Hi Brian!

> Just to let you know, theres a book out there by Thomas Moore (i
> forget the title, any Catholics help me out here) that goes in to
> detal of 7 different proofs for an existance of a God. Rather
> interesting book, i suggest it.

I'm Catholic, but I don't know what book you're talking about. The
only Catholic book I know about is called something something
Catholicism; apparently, I can't remember the exact title, but it has a
tan cover and the text on the cover is orange.

Klaatu

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:16:49 -0700, CalPup <cal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Klaatu,

>I rather like having you around....

Mutual. deepest thanks.

question:
is it a screwup that i have printed out some of your hilarities to
show others? should have checked first, i know.
klaatu

Klaatu

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
On Sun, 01 Aug 1999 11:52:23 -0700, Nick Coons <ni...@dcs-home.com>
wrote:

>Hi Brian!

>> Just to let you know, theres a book out there by Thomas Moore (i
>> forget the title, any Catholics help me out here) that goes in to
>> detal of 7 different proofs for an existance of a God. Rather
>> interesting book, i suggest it.
>
> I'm Catholic, but I don't know what book you're talking about. The
>only Catholic book I know about is called something something
>Catholicism; apparently, I can't remember the exact title, but it has a
>tan cover and the text on the cover is orange.

that's Thomas More, main source for the book in defense of the Church
for which Henry VIII was named Defender of the Faith by the Pope.
Henry named More Chancellor of England for his services,
and had him beheaded for refusal to sign an oath of allegiance.
He also invented the word 'Utopia', the title of his book
about a mythical nation, the citizens of which
actually lived according to their moral beliefs.
the name is Greek. it means "no-place".
klaatu

Klaatu

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
On Sun, 01 Aug 1999 11:48:31 -0700, Nick Coons <ni...@dcs-home.com>
wrote:

>Hi Klaatu!

>> > What if you just pretend to have faith? Would it be as effective?
>
>> When you pretend to have faith, it's fun to pretend it's
>> effective, too. that way, you always have a reason to believe, and you
>> can 'prove' anything you like.
>
> I know plenty of people like that.

Hi Nick!

glad you're back.
I had a mystic vision... well...
actually I'm planning to have a mystic vision.
Anyway, God's an immense cockroach.
and the meek shall inherit the earth...

klaatu

CalPup

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Nick Coons wrote:

> Hi Klaatu!
>
> > > What if you just pretend to have faith? Would it be as effective?
>
> > When you pretend to have faith, it's fun to pretend it's
> > effective, too. that way, you always have a reason to believe, and you
> > can 'prove' anything you like.

> I know plenty of people like that.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you.
Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you.
Hail....

Just an opinion,

© Cal Mirabili Pup ®

CalPup

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Klaatu wrote:

>Nick Coons wrote:
> >> Just to let you know, theres a book out there by Thomas Moore (i
> >> forget the title, any Catholics help me out here) that goes in to
> >> detal of 7 different proofs for an existance of a God. Rather
> >> interesting book, i suggest it.

> > I'm Catholic, but I don't know what book you're talking about. The
> >only Catholic book I know about is called something something
> >Catholicism; apparently, I can't remember the exact title, but it has a
> >tan cover and the text on the cover is orange.

The Catechism...

> that's Thomas More, main source for the book in defense of the Church
> for which Henry VIII was named Defender of the Faith by the Pope.
> Henry named More Chancellor of England for his services,
> and had him beheaded for refusal to sign an oath of allegiance.
> He also invented the word 'Utopia', the title of his book
> about a mythical nation, the citizens of which
> actually lived according to their moral beliefs.
> the name is Greek. it means "no-place".

Not to be confused with Erehwon...

by someone completely different.

Just an opinion,

© Cal MontyPupthon ®

______________________________________
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5041/
the alt.teens source..

"Sunlight bathed the valley

CalPup

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Klaatu wrote:

> CalPup wrote:
> >Klaatu,
> >I rather like having you around....

> Mutual. deepest thanks.

Aww...!!
<shuffles foot..>

> question:
> is it a screwup that i have printed out some of your hilarities to
> show others? should have checked first, i know.

All part of the public record.
However,
that lil copyright thingie is meaningful.
So, cite me... :)

Just an opinion,

© Cal Whenever Pup ®

Klaatu

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
On Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:02:40 -0700, CalPup <cal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Klaatu wrote:

>> > I'm Catholic, but I don't know what book you're talking about. The
>> >only Catholic book I know about is called something something
>> >Catholicism; apparently, I can't remember the exact title, but it has a
>> >tan cover and the text on the cover is orange.
>
>The Catechism...
>

>> that's Thomas More, main source for the book in defense of the Church
>> for which Henry VIII was named Defender of the Faith by the Pope.
>> Henry named More Chancellor of England for his services,
>> and had him beheaded for refusal to sign an oath of allegiance.
>> He also invented the word 'Utopia', the title of his book
>> about a mythical nation, the citizens of which
>> actually lived according to their moral beliefs.
>> the name is Greek. it means "no-place".
>
>Not to be confused with Erehwon...
>
>by someone completely different.
>

>Š Cal MontyPupthon Ž

benisons upon thee, Superpuppy
klaatu

CalPup

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Klaatu wrote:

> benisons upon thee, Superpuppy

Dio gratias, nemo...

Just an opinion,

© Cal VenisonallyDeprived Pup ®

Klaatu

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
On Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:08:36 -0700, CalPup <cal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Klaatu wrote:
>
>> CalPup wrote:
>> >Klaatu,
>> >I rather like having you around....
>
>> Mutual. deepest thanks.
>
>Aww...!!
><shuffles foot..>
>

>> question:
>> is it a screwup that i have printed out some of your hilarities to
>> show others? should have checked first, i know.
>
>All part of the public record.
>However,
>that lil copyright thingie is meaningful.
>So, cite me... :)

<relieved sigh>
have been. will do. thank you.
I note the discussion in this thread
has drifted some from
theological support.
late-breaking news suggests that godly support
is probably firmer than the standard Playtex line,
but less so than 'underwire' models.
(Magdalene family please respond)

klaatu

Klaatu

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
On Mon, 02 Aug 1999 04:13:35 -0700, CalPup <cal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Klaatu wrote:
>
>> benisons upon thee, Superpuppy
>
>CalPup wrote:

>Dio gratias, nemo...
>
>© Cal VenisonallyDeprived Pup ®

'Tain't reasonable ta be deprived no more'n you got to be...
try this on. (Petrronius)

"In Asiam cum a quaestore essem stipendio eductus,
hospitium Pergami accepi. Ubi cum libenter habitarem
non solum propter cultum aedicularum,
sed etiam propter hospitis formosissimum filium.
excogitavi rationem, qua non essem patri familiae suspectus [amator].

Quotiescunque enim in convivio de usu formosorum
mentio facta est,tam vehementer excandui,
tam severa tristitia violari aures meas obsceno sermone nolui,
ut me mater praecipue tanquam unum ex philosophis intueretur.
Iam ego coeperam ephebum in gymnasium deducere,
ego studia eius ordinare, ego docere ac praecipere,
ne quis praedator corporis admitteretur in domum.

Forte cum in triclinio iaceremus,
quia dies sollemnis ludum artaverat
pigritiamque recedendi imposuerat hilaritas longior,
fere circa mediam noctem intellexi puerum vigilare.

Itaque timidissimo murmure votum feci et
"domina" inquam "Venus, si ego hunc puerum basiavero,
ita ut ille non sentiat, cras illi par columbarum donabo."
Audito voluptatis pretio puer stertere coepit.
Itaque aggressus, simulantem aliquot basiolis invasi.
Contentus hoc principio bene mane surrexi
electumque par columbarum attuli expectanti ac me voto exsolvi.

Proxima nocte cum idem liceret, mutavi optionem et
"si hunc" inquam "tractavero improba manu, et ille non senserit,
gallos gallinaceos pugnacissimos duos donabo [patienti]."
Ad hoc votum ephebus ultro se admovit et, puto, vereri coepit,
ne ego obdormissem. Indulsi ergo sollicito, totoque corpore
citra summam voluptatem me ingurgitavi. Deinde ut dies venit,
attuli gaudenti quicquid promiseram.

Ut tertia nox licentiam dedit, consurrexi,
ad aurem male dormientis "dii" inquam "immortales,
si ego huic [dormienti] abstulero coitum plenum et optabilem,
pro hac felicitate cras puero asturconem Macedonicum optimum donabo,
cum haec tamen exceptione, si ille non senserit."
Nunquam altiore somno ephebus obdormivit.
Itaque primum implevi lactentibus papillis manus, mox basio inhaesi,
deinde in unum omnia vota coniunxi.

Mane sedere in cubiculo coepit atque expectare consuetudinem meam.

Scis quanto facilius sit, columbas gallosque gallinaceos emere
quam asturconem, et praeter hoc etiam timebam,
ne tam grande munus suspectam faceret humanitatem meam.
Ego aliquot horis spatiatus in hospitium reverti
nihilque aliud quam puerum basiavi.
At ille circumspiciens ut cervicem meam iunxit amplexu,
"rogo" inqiiit domine, "ubi est asturco ?"

Cum ob hanc offensam praeclusissem mihi aditum, quem feceram,
iterum ad licentiam redii. Interpositis enim paucis diebus,
cum similis casus nos in eandem fortunam retulisset,
ut intellexi stertere patrem. rogare coepi ephebum,
ut reverteretur in gratiam mecum,
id. est ut pateretur satis fieri sibi,
et cetera quae libido distenta dictat.

At ille plane iratus nihil aliud dicebat nisi hoc: "aut dormi,
aut ego iam dicam patri."

Nihil est tam arduum, quod non improbitas extorqueat.
Dum dicit: "patrem excitabo," irrepsi tamen
et male repugnanti gaudium extorsi.

At ille non indelectatus nequitia mea, postquam diu
questus est deceptum se et derisum traductumque inter condiscipulos,
quibus iactasset censum meum,
"Videris, tamen" inquit "non ero tui similis.
Si quid vis, fac iterum."

Ego vero deposita omni offensa cum puero in gratiam redii
ususque beneficio eius in somnum delapsus sum.

Sed non fuit contentus iteratione ephebus
plenae maturitatis et annis ad patiendum gestientibus.
Itaque excitavit me sopitum et "numquid vis?" inquit.

Et non plane iam molestum erat munus. Utcunque igitur
inter anhelitus sudoresque tritus, quod voluerat, accepit,
rursusque in somnum decidi gaudio lassus.

interposita minus hora pungere me manu coepit
et dicere: "quare non facimus?"

tum ego totiens excitatus plane vehementer excandui
et reddidi illi voces suas: "aut dormi, aut ego iam patri dicam."

Klaatu

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99

Brian Warner

Aug 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/3/99
>Does it prove that God exists or that a god exists?

Yup

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 23:40:14 GMT,
mattrol@DON'TCCRESPONSESTOMEuscom.com (Drakmere) wrote:

>In article <37a1b055...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, brian_...@iname.com (Brian Warner)
>did bestow the following nugget of wisdom:

>>Just to let you know, theres a book out there by Thomas Moore (i
>>forget the title, any Catholics help me out here) that goes in to
>>detal of 7 different proofs for an existance of a God. Rather
>>interesting book, i suggest it.

CalPup

Aug 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/5/99
Klaatu wrote:
> > question:
> > is it a screwup that i have printed out some of your hilarities to
> > show others? should have checked first, i know.

> CalPup wrote:
> All part of the public record.
> However,
> that lil copyright thingie is meaningful.
> So, cite me... :)

THE Offical word...

The internet writings, musings and all other inventive creations of
CalPup, (©CalPup™, ©CalPup®, Pup, KellyEvan, et al), a legally
registered nom de net, are copyrighted material and, as such, available
for legitimate incidental personal use by individual, non-commercial
users of usenet, the World Wide Web and other archival or active
internet resources wherein fine NetLegend product is to be found.
Reproduction of CalPup material by such non-commercial legitimate
incidental personal use individuals is permissible only in full text; no
extracting or editing is allowed without hand-written permission unless
conforming to accepted posting protocol in a usenet message post.

However, under no circumstances may CalPup material, in it's entirety,
nor in any of its parts, be subsumed, cited, quoted, or otherwise
utilized under any other copyright, whether implicit or registered, held
individually or corporately, by any persons, partnerships or other
entities, either commercial, non-profit, educational or by any other
organizational structure or organization for any use, commercial,
educational, or otherwise, in any collection, publication, thesis,
paper, literary work, research effort, archive, web, usenet, mailing
list, or file transfer (ftp) based document, or in any other writing,
record or data base, whether available to be viewed for private or for
public consumption, without due compensation, recognition and the
expressed hand-written signed permission of the copyright holder.

Licenses for CalPup action figures, franchises, merchandising, and
exclusive Pup Certified animated icons for approved web sites are
available. mailto:Kell...@SoftHome.net.

Just a lil clarification,

©Cal SignRightHere Pup™
_____________________________________
http://www.geocities.com/athens/oracle/5041
the alt.teens source

klaatu

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99

well done - Wow!

klaatu

CalPup

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99
klaatu wrote:

> >> CalPup wrote:

> well done - Wow!

It goes on the site, when I have time... energy.. motivation.

and you did it...

Just an opinion,

© Cal Energia Pup ®

klaatu

Aug 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/6/99

>>klaatu wrote:
>> well done - Wow!

>Cal Pup wrote:
>It goes on the site, when I have time... energy.. motivation.

you've got enough in there to protect you against financial ripoff,
bad weather and ozone-depletion-induced radiation.
this is the written analogue our ancestors' chants
against evil influence. i'm working on something
which will turn makers of adverts (and politicians) into vermin,
in an effort to improve them socially.

klaatu

Nick Coons

Aug 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/7/99
Hi Klaatu!

> glad you're back.

Thanks.

> I had a mystic vision... well...
> actually I'm planning to have a mystic vision.
> Anyway, God's an immense cockroach.
> and the meek shall inherit the earth...

I don't know if God or a god or whatever exists, but I do know that
evolution has about a
0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
chance of succeeding randomly (can't remember the exact number). The
ratio of good mutations to bad is too high for it to likely be just
chance. Could there be something that "helped" evolution?

Maybe a four-billion-year-old biological computer program encoded in
the form of DNA was placed here by inhabitants of another planet. But
where did they come from?

Nick Coons

Aug 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/7/99
Hi CalPup!

>>> I'm Catholic, but I don't know what book you're talking about. The
>>> only Catholic book I know about is called something something
>>> Catholicism; apparently, I can't remember the exact title, but it >>> has a tan cover and the text on the cover is orange.

> The Catechism...

That's the one. Never read it, but I've seen it around.

klaatu

Aug 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/8/99
On Sat, 07 Aug 1999 10:03:09 -0700, Nick Coons <ni...@dcs-home.com>
wrote:

>Hi Klaatu!
>
>> glad you're back.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> I had a mystic vision... well...
>> actually I'm planning to have a mystic vision.
>> Anyway, God's an immense cockroach.
>> and the meek shall inherit the earth...
>
> I don't know if God or a god or whatever exists, but I do know that
>evolution has about a
>0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
>chance of succeeding randomly (can't remember the exact number). The
>ratio of good mutations to bad is too high for it to likely be just
>chance. Could there be something that "helped" evolution?

superb question\quandary\riddle\fiendish thingie.
i'll do my best with it. (bear in mind that i've been soaking my brain

in Ignorant Oil; i am as a little child.
shortly i'll be as a loaded little child):

cyclic systems elaborate continuously.
history doesn't repeat.
no grain of sand is precisely where it was a minute ago,
but trends recur.
every grain of sand on every beach is classified by the waves.
sand, pebbles, stones, boulders.
energy organizes the system.

self-replicating systems can only be random theoretically;
in reality, any number of variables change them.
many of those changes are irreversible.

if a child is born with its' heart outside its' body,
it dies before it can reproduce. its' genetic line is lost;
the remainder of humanity has one variable less to deal with.
the system gets less random every cycle.

pretty soon a pattern emerges, necessarily.
if one decides that pattern is purposeful, where's the harm?
if it isn't, the sun still warms me, a lover's kiss is just as sweet
as if it was part of some Grand Plan.

one believes the prevailing wind bends the trees
another believes the trees bend,
and the wind goes where they point.

both describe observed reality.
neither can be proven, or disproven. it's perfect for philosophers.
i believe i'm gonna have me a drink.

a supreme being offed all the short-necked giraffes
straining vainly for the succulent leaves above them,
whimpering "why me, lord?". as they sank exhausted to dusty death,
a voice rolled out of the sky: "some days, you REALLY piss me off."

> Maybe a four-billion-year-old biological computer program encoded in
>the form of DNA was placed here by inhabitants of another planet. But
>where did they come from?

two ants on the carpet debate whether there is a pattern to the world.

fish in their bowl say "there MUSTbe a god - who changes the water?"

Insomniac, agnostic, dyslexic,
i sit up all night
wondering if there really is a Dog.

May every star aglimmer
shine a quiet bright blessing upon thee.

klaatu

klaatu

Aug 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/9/99

Nick Coons

Aug 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/10/99
Hi Klaatu!

> one believes the prevailing wind bends the trees
> another believes the trees bend,
> and the wind goes where they point.

> both describe observed reality.
> neither can be proven, or disproven. it's perfect for philosophers.

Force the tree to resist and see if the wind still blows...

klaatu

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:59:56 -0700, Nick Coons <ni...@dcs-home.com>
wrote:

>klaatu:

>> one believes the prevailing wind bends the trees
>> another believes the trees bend,
>> and the wind goes where they point.
>
>> both describe observed reality.
>> neither can be proven, or disproven. it's perfect for philosophers.

>Nick Coons:
>Hi Klaatu!

> Force the tree to resist and see if the wind still blows...

klaatu:
hear the breezes chortle:
"oh, look! this clod just pissed off the entire forest!.
watch what happens, now!"

Nick Coons

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Hi Klaatu!

>>> one believes the prevailing wind bends the trees
>>> another believes the trees bend,
>>> and the wind goes where they point.

>>> both describe observed reality.
>>> neither can be proven, or disproven. it's perfect for philosophers.

> > Force the tree to resist and see if the wind still blows...

> hear the breezes chortle:

> "oh, look! this clod just pissed off the entire forest!.
> watch what happens, now!"

Sounds familiar.

Ash

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Nick Coons;

> Maybe a four-billion-year-old biological computer program encoded in
>the form of DNA was placed here by inhabitants of another planet. But
>where did they come from?

Space hippies left Ganja, and it "evolved" the ape family...

The missing link; "I LOVE you man!"

Ash "So spake the book of Ash."
--
I thought about you last night,
all made up in gold,

Steve Christie

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99

That last sentence sounds like a chat-up line.

"Hey, I seeeeeeen you around............. bitch. How you doin'?"