GEMPLUS GCR400 reader problems!! Plz Help.

John Papas

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
Hi
I have purchased from a friend the GCR400 reader.
My problem is that i have win98 and i can't initialize the
above reader. I want to now if there are any drivers who can.
I visit Gemplus web site but i can't find anything special.
I have download all the drivers i found there but nothing.
How can i test my reader? Is it possible to send me a test program?

Thanking in advance
John Papas
Thessaloniki Macedonia Greece

Hunter T

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99
Hello John,

What kind of card are you using with the GCR400?

Hunter

Vizvary Istvan,jr.

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
If you use PCSC drivers and Windows, you can download some test programs
from page

http://friko3.onet.pl/ld/vizyp/zip.htm

Vizvary Istvan, jr.
vi...@hotmail.com

Bob Boyken

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
I also have a GCR400, and I'm certain it's not PC/SC compatible.

Vizvary Istvan,jr. <vi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Vizvary Istvan,jr.

Jun 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/29/99
It is not GCR400 that is not PC/SC compatible. It is your machin :) If you
use Windows you can install GCR400 drivers for PC/SC. am sure about this
because I use such GCR400 with PC/SC.
You can find GCR400 drivers and others on page

http://www.smartcardtech.com

Vizvary Istvan, jr.
vi...@hotmail.com

Carlos Lazcano

Jun 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/29/99
Or go to the source:
http://www.gemplus.fr/developers/passwd_protected/devtools/drivers/drivers.h
tm

There you can get the PC/SC driver for a GCR400

JC

Vizvary Istvan,jr. <vi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jason Ong

Nov 24, 2020, 11:58:04 AM11/24/20
Good Day,

Will like to check if anyone still have a GEMPLUS GCR 400 card reader for sale? I am fine even if the card read is faulty, solely using it for prototype demo.

Regards
Jason