Getting JCOP tools

Dan Isaaman

Aug 2, 2007, 5:09:36 AM8/2/07
Can anyone point me in the right direction for sourcing the JCOP tool
suite from IBM (plug-ins for Eclipse etc.)

I have been scouring the IBM web site and all JCOP documentation,
support and downloads have pretty much disappeared from view. I've
emailed several email addresses at IBM and not had any reply.

I really need to know an 'official' route to get these tools.
Thanks
Dan
==

hg

Aug 2, 2007, 10:20:26 AM8/2/07
Dan Isaaman wrote:

NXP handles that now.

hg

Dan Isaaman

Aug 3, 2007, 6:55:46 AM8/3/07
Can you point me in the right direction please - web site url or
department to contact..

Thanks
Dan
==

hg

Aug 3, 2007, 9:54:22 AM8/3/07
Dan Isaaman wrote:

Afraid not, I got the tools right before IBM moved its site.

Google "nxp jcop tools" and you get an email at least.

hg

Jem Berkes

Aug 8, 2007, 1:37:50 AM8/8/07
Dan Isaaman <d...@smartcardfocus.com> wrote in news:46b19ed3$0$31725
$db0f...@news.zen.co.uk:

IBM's web site for JCOP is a big mess, I know. Looks pretty ugly and one
gets the sense the technology has been abandoned from all the out of date
information and broken links. I sure hope this isn't the case, since a lot
of developers are working with JCOP and it is an excellent platform with
very useful tools like the JCOP Shell.

As far as I know, the jcop tools for Eclipse (plug-in) are still available
for free, but they are export controlled so you will have to contact IBM
first and go through their route for ordering the tools.

I have found a note from IBM that as of July 2007, all inquiries should be
directed to: tools.jcop at nxp dot com

Previously, the email address was: scard at de.ibm dot com

Try contacting both

--
Jem Berkes
www.sysdesign.ca

Dan Isaaman

Aug 9, 2007, 10:15:43 AM8/9/07
Thanks for your comments. I've emailed the nxp address so will wait and
see - previously I had already emailed several published IBM addresses,
both generic mailboxes as well as personal ones of the JCOP development
team. I got an auto-answer from the scard@ address saying it was
scheduled for deletion! Not a good impression at all...

We really wanted to start supporting JCOP by having a stock of cards
manufactured and offering them to developers so as to make it easier for
them to get started, but if manufacturers want to make it so difficult
to get any level of support it seems pretty pointless. If I, as an
industry 'insider' cannot get anywhere what hope does a relative newbie
have??

Anyway, sorry for the rant and thanks again for the tips. Will keep
trying...
Dan
==

natha.l...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2014, 10:28:25 PM3/26/14
Hi Dan
have you found the tool you were looking for? I cannot find it.I would appreciate if you can provide me the email to write to.
Thnaks Nathalie