JavaCard CREF sources

Kobi

Mar 11, 2009, 7:48:50 AM3/11/09
Hello,

I'm looking for Java Card CREF simulator source codes. It was
available in Java Card Developement Kit < 2.2 but for now Sun removed it
in all packages.

I'm writing thesis on simulating aplet errors and source code would be
very helpful. Of course I can use any other simulator with source codes
available.

Anyone can help?

--
Best regards,
Kobi

Dmitri Shorin

Mar 16, 2009, 3:43:59 AM3/16/09

Dear Kobi,
Are you sure CREF source code was ever available for download. I doubt
that Sun published it. CREF simultation or similar implementation
either for embedded or as a simulation are commercial products. I have
my own implementation of Java Card specifications including JCRE,
JCAPI and JCVM. But I apologyse I do not see any interest to share it
without any profit. I rely on your understanding. This work takes
significant resources so it is waste of own effort to do it freeware.

You still can use CREF and JCWDE for debugging your applications. This
can be still downloaded as JC developer kit from Sun web-site.
Yours sincerely
Dmitri

Kobi

Mar 17, 2009, 5:45:21 AM3/17/09
Dmitri Shorin pisze:

> On Mar 11, 2:48 pm, Kobi <kob...@go2.pl> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm looking for Java Card CREF simulator source codes. It was
>> available in Java Card Developement Kit < 2.2 but for now Sun removed it
>> in all packages.
>>
>> I'm writing thesis on simulating aplet errors and source code would be
>> very helpful. Of course I can use any other simulator with source codes
>> available.
>>

> Dear Kobi,
> Are you sure CREF source code was ever available for download. I doubt
> that Sun published it.

I've had some information on few forums that CREF sources was available
in previous versions of JCDK. This is not confirmend though.

> CREF simultation or similar implementation
> either for embedded or as a simulation are commercial products. I have
> my own implementation of Java Card specifications including JCRE,
> JCAPI and JCVM. But I apologyse I do not see any interest to share it
> without any profit. I rely on your understanding. This work takes
> significant resources so it is waste of own effort to do it freeware.

This of course I understand. This project is non profit thesis on my
faculty (still studying) - that is why I'm looking especially for CREF
(maybe I'll get it from SUN). There is also still a possibility to write
my own simulator but combining it with work I have to do (simulating
errors and memory corruption in applets and researching results) - for
M.Sc it's quite too much ;)

> You still can use CREF and JCWDE for debugging your applications. This
> can be still downloaded as JC developer kit from Sun web-site.

Anyway - thanks for answer as I didn't know if CREF sources was available.

--
Best Regards
Thomas

aca...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2012, 9:52:00 AM11/18/12
Dear Kobi,

I guess you have finished your thesis by now. Did you get the source of CREF in the end ?
I would like to do some experiments related to fault injection on javacard, so it looks quite similar to what you did. If you used something else than CREF, then please let me know, that may suits my needs too.

Best regards,
Sebastien