APDU to TPDU ???

Laurent Foramitti

May 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/31/99

I search some informations about APDU-TPDU....

When an APDU is sent, it's converted to a TPDU.

But an APDU has this header structure (CLA-INS-P1-P2)
and the TPDU has this (CLA-INS-P1-P2-P3)

what happened when the APDU is converted to a TPDU.

The content of TPDU's header is the same that APDU ?? or the APDU is appened
to TPDU ????

Thanks for your help.

Laurent F.

Ingo Noka

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
For T=0 (ISO7816-3. 2.3.6) the mapping of APDUs is defined in ISO7816-4,
Annex A.

Generally CLA,INS,P1,P2 of an APDU is mapped onto the corresponding parts of
the TPDU.

Setting of P3 is dependent on Lc and Le fields in the conditional APDU body.

If you don't have access to ISO7816 download EMV Specs. In Part I of ICC
Spec for Payment System, Section 5.3 you will find a good overview. But be
careful, EMV defines only a subset of ISO, e.g. Le in case-4 commands is
always 0.

Hope that helps.

Ingo

Laurent Foramitti <s96...@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote in message

layo...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2017, 4:45:22 PM9/15/17
On Monday, May 31, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Laurent Foramitti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I search some informations about APDU-TPDU....
>
> When an APDU is sent, it's converted to a TPDU.
>
> But an APDU has this header structure (CLA-INS-P1-P2)
> and the TPDU has this (CLA-INS-P1-P2-P3)
>
> what happened when the APDU is converted to a TPDU.
>
> The content of TPDU's header is the same that APDU ?? or the APDU is appened
> to TPDU ????
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Laurent F.

thanks you