What are backups, again?

Kevin Williams

Nov 30, 2007, 5:20:12 PM11/30/07
$LUSER gets her files backed up to a shared drive, once a week, and
the share is backed up daily.

$LUSER calls me because something's gone wrong with her SlowBooks file
and there aren't any transactions since mid-September. I have a look
around, realize that none of the file-level backups that SlowBooks
should have been automagically doing have been done, and put in a call
to $BOFH to restore $LUSER's file from tape, which is the third such
incident with her since September.

After $BOFH muttered and did his thing, $LUSER asks me "Should I be
working from the file on the backup share?"

Should you fuck! JFC, where do they find these lusers? She flaming
well /knows/ that the backup gets run weekly, and I started doing it
because she's such a luser (we are Not Responsible for client data).

At least she's still got over a month of data to re-enter as penance
(again), since her antics resulted in old data over-writing newer.

Slipping this into her mailbox would be a CLM, alas:

http://tinyurl.com/yntcod
--
Kevin

LooseChanj

Nov 30, 2007, 9:31:54 PM11/30/07
On or about 30 Nov 2007 22:20:12 GMT, Kevin Williams <m...@privacy.net> made the sensational claim that:

> Slipping this into her mailbox would be a CLM, alas:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yntcod

So set it on her desk when no one's around.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't

Kevin

Nov 30, 2007, 10:40:57 PM11/30/07
On 01 Dec 2007 02:31:54 GMT, LooseChanj <Loose...@aol.com> wrote:

>On or about 30 Nov 2007 22:20:12 GMT, Kevin Williams <m...@privacy.net> made the sensational claim that:
>> Slipping this into her mailbox would be a CLM, alas:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yntcod

>So set it on her desk when no one's around.

I'm guessing an $8.00 trophy won't stand up to any engraving, so get a
little metal strip with her name engraved on it to superglue to the trophy
before dropping it off at her desk, and don't forget to snap a couple of
pictures to anonymously share with all who know her.

Kevin Williams

Nov 30, 2007, 10:50:02 PM11/30/07
The Underpants Gnomes tell me that
LooseChanj <Loose...@aol.com> wrote:
> On or about 30 Nov 2007 22:20:12 GMT, Kevin Williams <m...@privacy.net> made the sensational claim that:
>> Slipping this into her mailbox would be a CLM, alas:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yntcod
>
> So set it on her desk when no one's around.

I feel immorally certain that she'd know it came from me.

But she couldn't *prove* it, could she?
--
Kevin

SteveD

Dec 1, 2007, 12:45:39 PM12/1/07
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 02:44:39 +0900, SteveD <use...@vo.id.au> wrote:

>Not if the slippee wore gloves.

Correction: SlippeR. Flippin' auto-typos.

SteveD

Dec 1, 2007, 12:44:39 PM12/1/07
On 01 Dec 2007 03:50:02 GMT, Kevin Williams <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

Not if the slippee wore gloves.

LooseChanj

Dec 18, 2007, 4:56:33 AM12/18/07
On or about 01 Dec 2007 03:50:02 GMT, Kevin Williams <m...@privacy.net> made the sensational claim that:

> But she couldn't *prove* it, could she?

Does she need to? Serious question there, if she *doesn't* then yeah it might
not be a good idea.

Kevin Williams

Dec 18, 2007, 11:50:05 AM12/18/07
The Underpants Gnomes tell me that
LooseChanj <Loose...@aol.com> wrote:
> On or about 01 Dec 2007 03:50:02 GMT, Kevin Williams <m...@privacy.net> made the sensational claim that:
>> But she couldn't *prove* it, could she?
>
> Does she need to? Serious question there, if she *doesn't* then yeah it might
> not be a good idea.

I wasn't seriously considering it, anyway. 'Twas merely an amusing
thought.
--
Kevin