未读,
2011年3月18日 10:30:232011/3/18
收件人
On 3/10/2011 9:46 PM, John A. wrote:
> So so empty here. Sorry to see it so.
>
> I was just stopping by in hopes of getting some rare UI on what certs
> are sought after these days.

I like the Wintergreen Certs. In a dark room, you can see piezoelectric
"sparks" when you chew them.

> Been out of the desktop game working the
> family biz for about a decade now and need to polish up a bit to get
> back in the game.

If you're using a desktop, instead of chewing them, use a hammer to create
the "spark".

> (I think the only thing I have officially remaining
> is an A+-for-life.)
>
> So, just for giggles, what's the hot certs these days?

I've never actually tried heating them up. I'm not sure if they'd just
melt, or so something a but more "interesting".

> Network+? Security+? CCNA?

I've seen token-ring networks, and security tokens, but I don't think you
can use Certs as tokens.

--
Kenneth Brody

Kevin Goebel

未读,
2011年3月19日 05:11:122011/3/19
收件人
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:30:23 -0400, Kenneth Brody <kenb...@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>On 3/10/2011 9:46 PM, John A. wrote:
>> So so empty here. Sorry to see it so.

>> I was just stopping by in hopes of getting some rare UI on what certs
>> are sought after these days.

>I like the Wintergreen Certs. In a dark room, you can see piezoelectric
>"sparks" when you chew them.

>> Been out of the desktop game working the
>> family biz for about a decade now and need to polish up a bit to get
>> back in the game.

>If you're using a desktop, instead of chewing them, use a hammer to create
>the "spark".

Kenneth,

That's pretty rude of you. John said he's been out of the business for a
while. Cut him some slack.

John,

Since the drop in the economy due to the bank-tanking and auto-crashing, a
lot of professionals have cut back on certifications, and a lot of employers
are no longer as picky about prospective employees having certificates up
front.

Many of us just fake it, which is even easier these days, what with senior
management being riffed for cheaper (if less compentent) subordinates, and
HR departments cutting their interviewing and vetting processes to reduce
costs. Also, a cottage industry of web sites has sprung up to assist
computer people in passing technical muster when applying for jobs, with
everything from "nearly as good as OEM" online training courses to "official
looking" transcripts and cheatsheets. Check out some of the following
websites:

http://www.buzzwords.com/IT/certifications.php
http://computerscience.cliffnotes.com
http://warez.ubuntu.net