A large cloud of stupid has rolled into the area

J.A.

Nov 16, 2007, 2:06:58 PM11/16/07

Scene: the office
Time: 9:30 AM, EDT

It rings, so I answer. A student speaks, telling me he is researching
a paper on Cyberstalking; and asks if I can talk to him about it. I
decline to do so. He presses; so I reiterate that I will not be able
to help; at some point in the exchange, I recommend Google. He ends up
expressing incredulity that I cannot, will not, help; and then asks if
the President of the company is available. I said no, he's not; and
the student simply dropped the call, without a goodbye.

20 seconds later: he calls back, and hangs up after I answer.

20 seconds later: he calls back, and hangs up after I answer.

A few minutes of quiet, and then It rings. So I answer.

*This* time, it's some inbreeding bozoid chinless Jersey
shit-for-brains with a complaint about a usenet beef he has with
someone: apparently, threats were made; so I told him that he should
go to the police. Duh.

It turned out he had gone to the police. The police told him to call
us. It seems to me that they told him this because it was someone's
opinion that we host usenet. I tell him to forward the post to abuse@,
we'll look into it, and reply to his query.

Normal abuse processes follow; but before it can actually happen, he
calls back to demand that we do something now, and if not now, to tell
him when we'll do something.

I tell him, three times, we'll reply by email. He berates me, a bit;
then finally hangs up the phone, muttering about how he's going to
continue to pursue this.

And the putz does so by calling back, as if it's appropriate to call
complete strangers at 9:45 AM and piss into their lives over a usenet
beef.

SteveD

Nov 18, 2007, 1:27:56 AM11/18/07
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:06:58 +0000 (UTC), "J.A." <st...@chthonixia.net>
wrote:

>It turned out he had gone to the police. The police told him to call
>us. It seems to me that they told him this because it was someone's
>opinion that we host usenet.

That's like tuning in to a cable show you don't like and then complaining
to the Wal*Mart you bought your TV from.

-SteveD

Message has been deleted