Good news, bad news

Jay Mottern

Nov 11, 2008, 6:37:50 PM11/11/08
Good news: I've been recovered for almost two years. NO MORE MEETINGS!
I've been ekeing out a scant living setting up CMS-driven websites, which
I rather enjoy doing.

Bad news: I was stony broke all summer, and came *this close* to losing
my house to foreclosure in August. I had to visit a local food bank in
order not to starve.

Good news: my rather well-to-do and kind next-door neighbor bought my
house and paid off my mortgage arrears. I have money in the bank again. I
should make enough profit to but another (cheaper) place and pay it off
within a few months, so that's all worked out for the best (I hope).

Bad news: I get to go house-hunting all over again, trying to find an
inexpensive place to live somewhere in the general Seattle region, and
with a questionable credit rating too, now. Wish me luck!

Good news: I got engaged last Thursday! I said Yes! (*she* asked *me*,
the minx! For the record, I was going to, as the Irish say, "say the hard
word" myself. She just beat me to it.)

Bad news: She's a devout Christian, considering becoming "born-again" (I
said that was fine as long as she doesn't turn into a Preachy
McPreacherson on me- I'm never one to dictate to others what they should
or shouldn't believe). Also 51 years of bacheloriffic freedom will soon
be up the spout. I'll have to learn to leave the toilet seat down and
pick up my dirty socks.

Good news: she's quite nice looking, young (relative to my age, anyway)
and seems to be deeply in love with me (which feeling is reciprocal). See
http://gallery.shamusland.org/main.php/v/meelah/ for some piccies of her.
We haven't had any major fights yet and have known each other for over a
year. She seems to be a very good woman: one that will be faithful. She
doesn't care if we have a fancy house and car, just anything we can
afford and that lets us be together.

Bad news: she's in the Philippines, which means there are all of the
immigration hoops to jump through and that it'll probably be a year
before we can live together as lecherous beast and wife. I want her here
NOW! :) I have to get a passport, fly to the Phils (Cebu) and meet her in
person sometime soon, and that before immigration/marriage proceedings
can... well, proceed.

Good news: I get to meet her in person! (I met her a year ago in an IRC
chatroom asociated with an Internet radio station on which I DJ.
Everything so far has been via IRC private messages, Yahoo IM, webcams
and Skype.)

Bad news: She wants us to try to have a kidlet: a son, for (her)
preference: one that "looks just like me". As I mentioned, I'm 51 so I
don't know if I'm still fertile.

Good news: the trying (to have a kid) will be a blast! :) (BTW she's a
bit of a wanna-be subbie and likes to be spanked and bitten. I hope my
heart can stand it, not to mention other vital organs:) )

All I can say at this point is "Wheeeeeeee!"(1)

1. Sorry for the lack of obligatory footnotes. Bite me!(2)
2. NM, I told a lie. Bite me anyway!

(Second try posting: three days of testing and damn Xnews *still* didn't
wave the magic chicken.)