Tasteless music - a n

Joseph Betz

Apr 7, 1994, 4:38:16 AM4/7/94

gu...@nirvana.apana.org.au >(anthony j. sander) wrote:

>> The REALLY tasteless thing about this group is that there is an FM station
>> here in Adelaide that insists on playing "All That She Wants" every half an
>> hour of so.

>It's worse here. That song was big, but its follow-up called "The Sign"
>has been #1 for almost 2 months. The agony of it. Of course, I don't
>listen to top-40 radio, so I only run into it when flicking across MTV.

Speaking of fucking horrible music in Madison, I remember going to visit
my sister in the dorms way back in....well, a good long time ago. We
went out with her group of soon-to-be-cab-driver dorm buddies. In every
single bar we visited (there were several) my young ears were
subjected to the same awful tune:

"Ayyyymeeeeeee, what you gonna doooooo?
Ahh thank, ah could stayyy with yooooo...."

Thank ghod you don't hear much from the Puke^H^Hre Prairie League
anymore.

ObTasteless: "Swamp Water" was the big drink back then. Tasted like
lime kool-ade. Kicked like a horny mule with a spastic twitch.

Bein' how I was 16 and wanted to impress the bimb^H^H^H^Hladies, I
pounded a good dozen of these in the course of a couple hours, and
topped it off with a pitcher-chugging contest with Dave, a hefty 250lb
gentleman with a hollow leg and a _real_ I.D. On top of the beer, I
swallowed several slices of Green pepper & onion pizza from "The Pizza
Pit" (voted worst in State several years running).

Needless to say, it _all_ came back to haunt me, and the nice lady in
housekeeping could be heard muttering to herself through the closed door
of the mens room the following morn' as she chisled the dried green
pepper rings from the floor & walls around the toilet.

ObTasteless2: Threeks. Ask Brian, he'll explain.

* Josep...@mixcom.com | Wisconsin - Behind the Cheese Curtain *

Brian Saunders

Apr 7, 1994, 2:08:17 PM4/7/94
In article <1994Apr7.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>,
ssw...@mixcom.mixcom.com (Joseph Betz) wrote:

> Speaking of fucking horrible music in Madison,

Actually, by "over here" I was talking about the USA, since this guy was
posting from Australia.

> "Ayyyymeeeeeee, what you gonna doooooo?
> Ahh thank, ah could stayyy with yooooo...."

Argh.

> Thank ghod you don't hear much from the Puke^H^Hre Prairie League
> anymore.

Bullshit. People will still play that from time to time. Yikes!

> ObTasteless2: Threeks. Ask Brian, he'll explain.

I'm not sure I can. What is "Threeks"?

--
Brian Saunders saun...@luther.che.wisc.edu

Tim Scott

Apr 8, 1994, 5:00:58 PM4/8/94
(who the hell can keep track of all the attributions?)

> > ObTasteless2: Threeks. Ask Brian, he'll explain.
>
> I'm not sure I can. What is "Threeks"?

Well, young`un. You know what a "fork" is? Well a "threek" is like
a fork but with only three tines.

It was the infallible sign to my first wife that we were entering into a
dining establishment of class and quality (and high price). Amazingly it
was a pretty good indicator.

So: what do YOU think threeks are?

tim scott
ti...@megatek.com

Joseph Betz

Apr 9, 1994, 1:22:23 AM4/9/94
In <saunders-0...@caspar.che.wisc.edu>
saun...@luther.che.wisc.edu (Brian Saunders) writes:

>>I said

>> Thank ghod you don't hear much from the Puke^H^Hre Prairie League
>> anymore.

>Bullshit. People will still play that from time to time. Yikes!

Well, maybe in Madison.

>> ObTasteless2: Threeks. Ask Brian, he'll explain.

>I'm not sure I can. What is "Threeks"?

Are you _sure_ you're in Madison? Threeks are the three-tined forks that
were used in the swill-selling cafeteria on Campus (Gordo's?).

Among the controversies involving threeks were:

A former student government president who was elected for promising one very
simple thing: "I will rid this campus of threeks." (Look out Churchill)

DAVIS MARK CHRISTOPHER

Apr 9, 1994, 3:35:06 AM4/9/94
Not really tasteless music (except maybe a few songs about men fucking
their 12-year old daughters, wacking off into shoes, etc) but MR BUNGLE
is an interesting band, with an interesting and somewhat tasteless lead
singer, Mike Patton. Mike Patton is better known for his other band
Faith No More. At Mr Bungle concerts, he goes backstage and gives
himself an enema, and comes back out and squirts it out on the people in the
front of the stage area.

Mr Bungle- a combo of funk,metal,jazz,country music, circus music,
punk...

Take a dump, baby, squirt some gravy
Pour some sugar on me, honey, make it brown and runny
give it a little Flavor Flav, back from the grave
gonna burn some toast, pump some humpin rump roast

knick knack paddywhack, jump in the sack,in fact
jerk the smack and crack Jack from the back
Bananarama or ramabanana
Fucking Barry Manilow on the copacabana

Or how about:

My hand gets tired and my dick gets sore
But the girls of porn want more
So I flip through the pages one more time
And I let the jism fly

We got incest & bestiality too
We got Sade & the sweetest taboo
We got girls who will eat your pee and poo
And guy's who'd love to fuck your shoe

there's she-males, lezbos and shaved beav
and D-cupped mamas with so much cleav
Senior citizens, who love to watch
And sniff those skid marks from your crotch

They've got some clever lyrics here and there..

Brian Saunders

Apr 9, 1994, 7:27:18 PM4/9/94
In article <1994Apr9.0...@mixcom.mixcom.com>, Joseph Betz
<Josep...@mixcom.mixcom.com> wrote:

> >Bullshit. People will still play that from time to time. Yikes!

> Well, maybe in Madison.

Anywhere. In fact, I heard that song a lot more back in Indiana than I do
here.

> Are you _sure_ you're in Madison? Threeks are the three-tined forks that
> were used in the swill-selling cafeteria on Campus (Gordo's?).

I know of no place called "Gordo's". As far as "the swill-selling
cafteria", that is not very descriptive, as there are probably over 25
cafeterias on campus (there are 40,000+ students here, you know). Also, I
am a graduate student that has never lived on-campus, so I rarely eat in
any of the cafeteria's, save for a few in Union South, which is near my
office. At any rate, if this is something that undergraduates whine about,
I wouldn't know about it.

Perhaps by "Gordo's" you meant Gordon Commons?

> Among the controversies involving threeks were:

> A former student government president who was elected for promising one very
> simple thing: "I will rid this campus of threeks." (Look out Churchill)

Maybe he did.

Uh, I'd hate to tell you this, but Madison is a dynamic town. I have all
sorts of people that were here over 10 years ago ask me about something,
and I won't know what they are talking about. By the same token, they
usually don't know what I am talking about.

--
Brian Saunders saun...@castor.che.wisc.edu