Tiger King gets the Garbage Pail Kids treatment

Ubiquitous

Apr 17, 2020, 9:49:14 AM4/17/20
https://twitter.com/Topps/status/1250820041882456066

Topps is selling a 10-card collector set, featuring Garbage Pail Kids
versions of "Joe Chaotic," "Batty Baskin" and more stars of the Netflix
docuseries, for $20.
ALSO: A Tiger King comic book is coming in June.

--
Every American should want President Trump and his administration to handle
the coronavirus epidemic effectively and successfully. Those who seem eager

throbnob

May 1, 2020, 1:19:11 PM5/1/20
On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 2:49:14 PM UTC+1, Ubiquitous wrote:
> https://twitter.com/Topps/status/1250820041882456066
>
> Topps is selling a 10-card collector set, featuring Garbage Pail Kids
> versions of "Joe Chaotic," "Batty Baskin" and more stars of the Netflix
> docuseries, for $20.
> ALSO: A Tiger King comic book is coming in June.

Good God = is this the Ubiquitous who was a regular on a.t. in the nineties? The last time I looked up a.t. it was a mass of fuckwits, ads, all sorts of worthless shit and not worth a look. Have the old guard taken back control? I even saw Bruce Becker's name here. Isn't he dead yet?

It's Rob Allen, BTW, from the UK. I was on in 95-96 with a brief reappearance after 911. I think I won the a.t. nonfiction award in 95.

How is everyone?

ObT Any chance a.t.-ers could form a paramilitary wing with the avowed aim of getting someone infected with Covid to cough on Trump?

ObT2 Things went tits up for me personally not long after 2001 and for almost twenty years I've been a humble postie. This means that I am officially entitled to Go Fully Postal. I will be relying on my US buddies to provide me with the requisite arsenal when the time comes.

Ubiquitous

Aug 4, 2020, 9:52:25 PM8/4/20
rob_w...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 2:49:14 PM UTC+1, Ubiquitous wrote:

>> https://twitter.com/Topps/status/1250820041882456066
>>
>> Topps is selling a 10-card collector set, featuring Garbage Pail Kids
>> versions of "Joe Chaotic," "Batty Baskin" and more stars of the Netflix
>> docuseries, for $20.
>> ALSO: A Tiger King comic book is coming in June.
>
>Good God = is this the Ubiquitous who was a regular on a.t. in the nineties?

Yes, it is! Hi Rob! Long time no see!

>How is everyone?

I don't know. I haven't heard from anyone for awhile.

steve.th...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2020, 8:51:56 PM8/7/20
alt.tasteless has fallen on hard times. I've got an archive in mbox format (probably somewhat incomplete) so I can slum back in the good old days while I'm eating dinner. I'm collecting a short list of god-tier posts; someday I should make a point of reposting them in honor of the old guard elite.

Harry Wang

Nov 27, 2020, 11:02:54 PM11/27/20
On 08/07/2020 5:51 PM, steve.th...@gmail.com wrote:
> alt.tasteless has fallen on hard times. I've got an archive in mbox format (probably somewhat incomplete) so I can slum back in the good old days while I'm eating dinner. I'm collecting a short list of god-tier posts; someday I should make a point of reposting them in honor of the old guard elite.
Would love to read this. Mind sharing?

Steve Thompson

Dec 10, 2020, 10:31:53 PM12/10/20
On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 8:02:54 PM UTC-8, Harry Wang wrote:
> On 08/07/2020 5:51 PM, steve.th...@gmail.com wrote:
> > alt.tasteless has fallen on hard times. I've got an archive in mbox format (probably somewhat incomplete) so I can slum back in the good old days while I'm eating dinner. I'm collecting a short list ofy god-tier posts; someday I should make a point of reposting them in honor of the old guard elite.
> Would love to read this. Mind sharing?

I'm working on it, but it's slow going without a proper database. Oh, do you mean the articles? I'm still looking for most of the 1990s. Henry Spencer's UTZoo archives are easily available and eternal-septermber has more recent stuff.

Someone out there is replaying Usenet with a 30-year delay and has most of it apparently so it shouldn't be impossible to obtain.