Old dog, new trick

1 view

Douglas D. Anderson

Dec 2, 2021, 9:49:59 AM12/2/21
Bob finished his supper, and his old canine Snorkel stood by eagerly
awaiting table scraps. He held up an odd bit of meat, and gave the
command, "Beg!". Snorkel gave him a soulful look and vigorously wagged
his tail, but no matter how much coaxing, he never sat up on his
haunches. Bob scolded, "That's not begging, I want you to show me real
begging!". Finally Bob gave in, and let the old scoundrel have the
scrap of meat. After gobbling it down, Snorkel trotted to the door,
wagged his tail, and Bob let him out to do his business...
When the dog hadn't come back in half an hour, Bob went looking for
him. Finally he spotted Snorkel standing by the expressway on-ramp,
holding a piece of cardboard in his teeth with the words scrawled
"Please Help! Haven't Eaten In 3 Days" and holding down a pile of ones
and fives under his paw.

"We choose truth over facts" - Joe Biden