TED KENNEDY SONG!!

Michael J. Zigmont

Jan 20, 1994, 11:23:37 AM1/20/94
Hey! Check out this drinking song!

"OH.......
My mother is old and my father dead
and my brother is dead and my brother is dead
and my brother is dead and my kid has one leg
and my wife is a drunk and my car doesn't float."

-Ziggy '96
"Do everything in moderation including moderation!"
(o) (o)
\____/

Spectre

Jan 23, 1994, 1:44:47 PM1/23/94
In article <2hmb69$s...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Michael....@dartmouth.edu (Michael J. Zigmont) writes:
>Hey! Check out this drinking song!
>
>"OH.......
>My mother is old and my father dead
>and my brother is dead and my brother is dead
>and my brother is dead and my kid has one leg
>and my wife is a drunk and my car doesn't float."

Heard this as the Ted Kennedy Jig. There was even more to it last time
I heard it, though. Anybody got more of it?

>-Ziggy '96

--Charlie

Robert J. Goniea

Jan 24, 1994, 8:51:34 PM1/24/94
Michael J. Zigmont (Michael....@dartmouth.edu) wrote:
: Hey! Check out this drinking song!

: "OH.......
: My mother is old and my father dead
: and my brother is dead and my brother is dead
: and my brother is dead and my kid has one leg
: and my wife is a drunk and my car doesn't float."

Rush Limbaugh (or more than likely one of his writers) came up with a great
Kennedy song that went to the tune of 'Day-O' by Harry Belafonte. I wish I
had the whole text of it with me so I could post all of it.
Some of it goes like this:
Kenneday-O, Kenneday, Kenneday, Kennedayyy-O
Kennedy clan is in trouble once more.
The entire text is in Rush's first book "The Way Things Ought To Be".
There is also another one in there about good old Ted called
'The Philanderer' which is sung to the tune of 'The Wanderer'. Maybe
someone with a copy of this book will kindly post it here for all to enjoy.
Bob G.

Scott Willard

Jan 25, 1994, 2:02:58 PM1/25/94
There once was a senator from Mass.
Who wanted a piece of ass,
He lucked up and found it
then fucked up and drowned it
and that was the end of his ass.

yuk yuk

-s

B Kipling Cooper

Jan 30, 1994, 4:29:49 AM1/30/94
>Rush Limbaugh (or more than likely one of his writers) came up with a great
>Kennedy song that went to the tune of 'Day-O' by Harry Belafonte.

Rush cites the author of both songs as being Robert Wohlfeld.
(page viii)

>someone with a copy of this book will kindly post it here for all to enjoy.
> Bob G.

Gladly!

The Philanderer

Oh, well I'm the type of guy who would never settle down
Where pretty girls are, well you know that I'm around
I kiss 'em and I love 'em 'cause to mne they're all the same
I get so gosh darned hammered, I don't even know their names
'Cause I'm a philanderer, yes a philanderer
I sleep around, around, around, around, around

All my views are on the left, got a bimbo on the right
Only God knows where I'll be passing out tonight
And if you want to ask me which girl I love the best
I'll tear open my shirt, got mother Rosie on my chest
'Cause I'm a philanderer, yes a philanderer
I sleep around, around, around, around, around

Oh yeah, I'm the type of guy, he likes to roam around
I'm never in on place, I wake from town to town
But when I find myself falling for some girl
I walk right to that car of mine and I take her for a whirl
The car skids round and round and round and round and round

(Kenna-Day-O follows...)

Kipling +
(bktr...@com.cup.portal)

B Kipling Cooper

Jan 30, 1994, 4:30:05 AM1/30/94
Kenna-Day-O

Kenna-day, Kenna-day, Kenna-day, Kenna-day-ay-o

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Say Mr. Kennedy put back your banana

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Uncle Ted is naked out on the veranda

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Late one night down in Palm Beach town

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Brought young girl back to the big compund

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Hormones. Hormones.

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Kenna-day-o, Kenna-day-ay-o

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Up in Chappaquiddick Teddy looked for romance

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

JFK couldn't keep it in his own pants

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Kenna-day-o, Kenna-day-o

Kennedy clan is in trouble once more

Kenna-day-o, Kenna-day-o
Hormones are raging, they won't leave us alone

(written by Robert Wohlfield)

Kipling +
(bktr...@com.cup.portal)

Robert J. Goniea

Jan 31, 1994, 10:48:36 PM1/31/94
B Kipling Cooper (BKTr...@cup.portal.com) wrote:
: Kenna-Day-O

Thanks for posting those two jems! I know that there was yet another
Ted Kennedy song where Ted is making long distance dedications to various
bimbos while a singer sings a parody of 'You are so Beautiful' titled (I
think) 'Ted is so pitiful'. I have a copy of the song on tape and if I have
time I will try to transcribe it for you.

Bob G.

Roger M. Wilcox

Feb 13, 1994, 3:40:32 PM2/13/94
In article <2hmb69$s...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Michael....@dartmouth.edu (Michael J. Zigmont) writes:
>Hey! Check out this drinking song!
>
>"OH.......
>My mother is old and my father dead
>and my brother is dead and my brother is dead
>and my brother is dead and my kid has one leg
>and my wife is a drunk and my car doesn't float."

Sung to the tune of the "Irish Washer Woman" song, I suppose!
Beautiful, just beautiful!

--
Roger M. Wilcox a.k.a. Jeff Boeing -- tra...@netcom.com
"You can't hurt me, Darth Vader! I'm wearing my Dark-Side-of-the-Force-Proof

Beakman

Mar 6, 1994, 12:04:22 AM3/6/94
Michael J. Zigmont (Michael....@dartmouth.edu) wrote:
: Hey! Check out this drinking song!

: "OH.......
: My mother is old and my father dead
: and my brother is dead and my brother is dead
: and my brother is dead and my kid has one leg
: and my wife is a drunk and my car doesn't float."

I believe The Ted Kennedy Jig goes as follows:

OH.......
Your mother is old
And your father is dead

And your brother is dead
And your brother is dead

Your wife is a lush
And your sister's a veg.

Your kid broke his arm
And your car doesn't float.

...just in time for St. Patty's Day...:)

tige...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2014, 7:53:10 AM6/25/14
Ok.. they used to play this at ALLEY CATS in Dallas Alley in the early 90's.. I cant remember all of it but this is what I recall..

Your a drunk and your mothers a drunk
Your a drunk and your wife's a drunk
Your a drunk and your brothers are dead
and your kid has one leg
and your car doesn't float.

Was that rude?
Was that crude?
Well Dammit..
Lets do it again...

Repeat first verse...

Ṃᴆ

Jun 26, 2014, 12:50:11 AM6/26/14
On 6/25/2014 5:53 AM, tige...@gmail.com wrote:

> O<snip>

it's all downhill from there

marc.k...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2016, 4:37:17 PM6/11/16
First time I heard this was at Shea Stadium during the '86 World Series. A whole group of guys singing in unison as a tribute to the BoSox.

cheer...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2016, 12:15:22 PM8/30/16
here are the correct words.....

Ohhhhhhhhhh