Blatant misuse of a.t.m-d (jobseeking)

Mike Knell

Apr 11, 2001, 9:24:18 AM4/11/01
All,

As some may know, I'll be leaving my job here in June and returning to the
UK. Therefore, as (alas) I'm not independently wealthy and _moreover_ have
failed to become some wealthy lady's kept man, I'm going to be looking
for a job. So I thought I'd mention it here just in case anyone knew
anyone who knew anyone who had a job going and _didn't know me_, and
therefore might consider hiring me.

What kind of a job? Well, something interesting and new would be good.
Something challenging and ambitious would be cool. Something involving
complicated systems an' networks an' routing an' intricate fiddly stuff
I can be in charge of would be too. Whatever's interesting, really.
Might be willing to relocate within the UK (depending on the area)
or within various bits of Europe if the job's _really_ good,
definitely willing to travel for work as that's something I've never
got to do yet.

Oh, yeah. No agencies, please. Oh, and I can't really do blatant
capitalism, so the City's probably right out. Oh, and I don't do
suits except in the most extreme circumstances and tend to wear cutoff
jeans in the summer. And I don't have the "good degree in computer science
or similiar" that a depressingly large number of jobs in my field
inexplicably demand. Right, that should have ruled me out of about 95%
of available jobs..

Gruesome details are at http://www.tuatha.org/~mpk/cv.txt if you want to
laugh at my puny achievements in life.

Mike

Mike Knell

Apr 11, 2001, 9:34:17 AM4/11/01

And, of course I display my professionalism by forgetting that Pnews
doesn't pick up the contents of NEWSHEADER, thus leaving the wrong
From: line on the article. D'oh!