Grups de Google ja no admet publicacions ni subscripcions noves de Usenet. El contingut antic es pot continuar consultant.

[F] DWCon - Important Convention News

1 visualització
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Karen Hanna Kruzycka

no llegida,
19 d’oct. 2001, 11:33:2319/10/01
Important news regarding next year's Discworld Convention will be published on
our mailing list later today. To receive this and other updates, go to
http://www.dwcon.org/mailman/listinfo/2002/ and subscribe to our mailing list.

Until this evening...

Karen/Vodka Vixen
--
* "2002: A Discworld Odyssey" * August 16th-19th, 2002 *
* Web: http://www.dwcon.org/ * Email: in...@dwcon.org *

David Damerell

no llegida,
19 d’oct. 2001, 12:56:4519/10/01
Karen Hanna Kruzycka <vi...@lspace.org> wrote:
>Important news regarding next year's Discworld Convention will be published on
>our mailing list later today. To receive this and other updates, go to
>http://www.dwcon.org/mailman/listinfo/2002/ and subscribe to our mailing list.

Please could someone who is on the mailing list repost it here, to save us
a bit of hoop-jumping?

[Karen, why can't _you_ post it here?]
--
David Damerell <dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?

Karen Hanna Kruzycka

no llegida,
19 d’oct. 2001, 16:51:1219/10/01
In article <atmdslw*qB...@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>, David Damerell
<dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> says...

> Please could someone who is on the mailing list repost it here, to save us
> a bit of hoop-jumping?
>
> [Karen, why can't _you_ post it here?]

It's more sensible to get people to join the list than to keep posting updates
to afp, abp, atmd, clarecraft, terrypratchettbooks, etc etc... that's the idea
anyway. But just for you, David -

http://www.dwcon.org/pipermail/2002/2001/000025.html

David Damerell

no llegida,
20 d’oct. 2001, 0:02:1220/10/01
Karen Hanna Kruzycka <vi...@lspace.org> wrote:
><dame...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> says...
>>Please could someone who is on the mailing list repost it here, to save us
>>a bit of hoop-jumping?
>>[Karen, why can't _you_ post it here?]
>It's more sensible to get people to join the list than to keep posting
>updates to afp, abp, atmd, clarecraft, terrypratchettbooks, etc etc...
>that's the idea anyway.

Uhhh... but on this occasion you did post to atmd; so why not simply
have the content in the news posting? If you don't plan to make further
posts to atmd (and all those other places), you could say that it will be
necessary to join the mailing list hereafter; if you do, then again you
might as well have the content here.

>http://www.dwcon.org/pipermail/2002/2001/000025.html

Which says; Jack Cohen and Ian Stewart, collaborated on _Science of
Discworld_, now guests for DisCon 2002. Guest bios for Kidby, Morwood,
Duane, & the Pearsons updated on the DisCon Website; no specific URL given
for them, alas. Appeal for gophers and room sharers.

[I'm not doing this out of my (usual) desire to be awkward, but because I
honestly don't see why people should read about the _existence_ of
information here when they could just read the information here -
particularly as, even in this day and age, not everyone with news access
has Web access. (No, really; one of the rgrn regulars is reading Usenet
via Fidonet, and can't readily read Web pages, so at least some such
people still exist.)]

0 missatges nous