In the unlikely event this does trigger a Worrld War.....

1 view

J D Leister

Sep 16, 2001, 1:35:25 AM9/16/01
What kinds of weapons would be used?

Would anyone have the nerve to use nukes?

Come to think of it bio weapons are worse then
nukes so perhaps I should be asking if anyone
would have the nerve to use those too?

How much of the Earth would be spared if they did?

We live in interesting times.

enterfornone

Sep 16, 2001, 2:15:16 AM9/16/01
On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:05:25 +0930, J D Leister <joh...@senet.com.au>
wrote:

>What kinds of weapons would be used?
>
>Would anyone have the nerve to use nukes?
>
>Come to think of it bio weapons are worse then
>nukes so perhaps I should be asking if anyone
>would have the nerve to use those too?

Afganistan only have conventional weapons. I think Iraq has
biological stuff. Pakistan has nukes. Of course US has everything
and the Russians probably still have plenty.

If you think you are going to paradise to collect your virgins there's
no reason why you wouldn't hit the red button.

>How much of the Earth would be spared if they did?

I don't think south america are likely to get involved. Are there any
bases down there? We'd be hit, since the US bases here are required
to track anything in the southern hemisphere. But the east coast
might be spared and new zealand would probably be OK. China might be
OK if they decide to stay neutral (anyone know where they stand with
this?)

--
enterfornone
sp...@enterfornone.net

Rob&Sonja

Sep 16, 2001, 2:25:13 AM9/16/01

> China might be
> OK if they decide to stay neutral (anyone know where they stand with
> this?)

Now that a answer I would not mind knowing.. ?

dystopia

Sep 16, 2001, 3:50:46 AM9/16/01
> I don't think south america are likely to get involved. Are there any
> bases down there? We'd be hit, since the US bases here are required
> to track anything in the southern hemisphere. But the east coast
> might be spared and new zealand would probably be OK. China might be
> OK if they decide to stay neutral (anyone know where they stand with
> this?)

Who would hit us though? The only muslim nation with the bomb is Pakistan
and do they have many of them? Do they have ICBM's capable of reaching us?
I'm sure their nuclear weapons program is mainly designed to attack India.

I'm sure Russia and China would have the capability, but I can't see it
happening in this case.

Brilliant Pebbles

Sep 16, 2001, 3:59:23 AM9/16/01

"J D Leister" <joh...@senet.com.au> wrote in message

> What kinds of weapons would be used?
>
> Would anyone have the nerve to use nukes?
>
> Come to think of it bio weapons are worse then
> nukes so perhaps I should be asking if anyone
> would have the nerve to use those too?
>
> How much of the Earth would be spared if they did?

You are asking the question in the wrong forum. No one in this NG has the
expertise to answer that question accurately. Of course, you may get
"answers" from a lot of selfproclaimed experts but they really don't know
shit from clay in this case.

Che Guava

Sep 16, 2001, 4:13:11 AM9/16/01

dystopia wrote:

> > I don't think south america are likely to get involved. Are there any
> > bases down there? We'd be hit, since the US bases here are required
> > to track anything in the southern hemisphere. But the east coast
> > might be spared and new zealand would probably be OK. China might be
> > OK if they decide to stay neutral (anyone know where they stand with
> > this?)

China has been a supporter of Pakistan ( due to their rivalry
with India) but both have joined in offering supporting the US.

Pakistan is vital to the US action, which this time will
involve ground troops.

see Pakistan agrees to all US requests
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:57:46 +1000
From: Che Guava <che_...@my-deja.com>
Newsgroups: aus.politics

As I have been saying for some time now, the
'Kill-all-the-ragheads' brigade are hysterical fuckwits
without a clue. B^p

The war is on terrorists, not Islam or Muslims.

> Who would hit us though?

Apparently the most immediate threat is hysterical bigots
attacking Muslim women and children in Qld, and risking the
anger of the USA for offending our vital Muslim allies.

But then any decent people despise cowardly maggots who attack
women and children.. with 767's or with stones.

> The only muslim nation with the bomb is Pakistan
> and do they have many of them? Do they have ICBM's capable of reaching us?
> I'm sure their nuclear weapons program is mainly designed to attack India.
>
> I'm sure Russia and China would have the capability, but I can't see it
> happening in this case.

Chiefly because they are all on the same team.

It's the New, New World Order.. get it?

C Leng

Sep 17, 2001, 3:12:39 AM9/17/01
J D Leister wrote:

> What kinds of weapons would be used?

There won't be any war because John Howard instituted a gun buy back so there
won't be any semi-automatic guns to fight a war with. You can thank John Howard's
prescience for there not being any war and we can all sleep safely at night.

> Would anyone have the nerve to use nukes?
>
> Come to think of it bio weapons are worse then
> nukes so perhaps I should be asking if anyone
> would have the nerve to use those too?

Firearms were always the biggest problem, didn't you know that? Just ask John
Howard, Rebecca Peters and John Crook.

> How much of the Earth would be spared if they did?
>
> We live in interesting times.

We live in much safer times now that semi-auto's have been banned (to civilians
anyway). We will be much safer if all the guns can be banned, right Mr Howard? So
sleep easy at night and don't worry about chemical/biological weapons, or bombs
or nukes. The most dangerous weapons have been taken care of.

C.L.

Scott Hillard

Sep 16, 2001, 10:19:51 PM9/16/01

> What kinds of weapons would be used?

Pulse weapons, theology bombs, and Bacon virus attacks.

> Would anyone have the nerve to use nukes?

Israel.

> Come to think of it bio weapons are worse then
> nukes so perhaps I should be asking if anyone
> would have the nerve to use those too?

McDonalds.

> How much of the Earth would be spared if they did?

Who cares? We'll watch from our orbiting preceptory.

Scott Hillard

Sep 16, 2001, 10:21:54 PM9/16/01

enterfornone <sp...@enterfornone.net> wrote in message

> I don't think south america are likely to get involved. Are there any
> bases down there? We'd be hit,

By whom, and with what?

New Zealand would be destroyed out of spite.

ferret

Sep 17, 2001, 2:37:58 AM9/17/01
Palestine has a good supply of rocks
Afgans have state of the art WWI and WWII motars and tanks
Iraq has all the rusty old russian crap

trash

Sep 17, 2001, 4:01:20 AM9/17/01
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:12:39 -0700, C Leng <t...@froggy.com.au> wrote:

Don't worry, the local lebs with illegal hand guns are only interested in knocking over
the quicky marts and the occasional pizza delivery boy.

The question I want to know is how many nukes are unaccounted for in the
former Soviet Union.

The Central Asian states don't like islam at all, and Russia would have removed it's missiles
from these countries. The Russian mafia constantly have dealings with the taliban, so
it's anyones guess.

trash0 @ cannabismail . com

he...@mbox.com.au
Australia's #1 spam company

Scott Hillard

Sep 18, 2001, 5:19:03 AM9/18/01

ferret <ab...@localhost.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Palestine has a good supply of rocks

Israel has a better supply of bullets.

Survival of the fittest - you understand.

> Afgans have state of the art WWI and WWII motars and tanks

Don't confuse "Taliban" and "Afghans" with Mujahadeen - those blokes in the
North are tooled up - Stinger, TOW, Milan, etc. Very well equipped, very
well trained.

Got the photos to prove it.

> Iraq has all the rusty old russian crap

And the old French crap, and Czech crap, and....