Saving Seeds / survival cache

amazure 舶俺

Sep 18, 2003, 7:49:55 PM9/18/03
I've noticed that many survivalists cache food, but forget seeds for when their supplies run out.
I don't expect the end of civilization to occur during my lifetime, but am prepared, just in case.
amazure
--
: http://www.islandparadiseproject.com/island-e.htm : Internet Explorer Only
: http://www.islandparadiseproject.com/island-v.htm : Other Browsers (not Opera(Opera JS Bug))

Ragnar

Sep 18, 2003, 9:04:47 PM9/18/03

"amazure 舶俺" <ama...@islandparadiseproject.com> wrote in message

> I don't expect the end of civilization to occur during my lifetime, but am
prepared, just in case.
> amazure

If you don't "expect" it, but are prepared anyway, then you _do_ expect it.

Tim May

Sep 18, 2003, 9:50:28 PM9/18/03
In article <PCsab.8804$BS5....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Ragnar <rwo...@earthlink.net> wrote:

This reveals such a deep, deep misunderstanding of probability and
actuarial calculations that I am unable to do more than just say:

"Whatever. Plonk."

--Tim May

a.stranger

Sep 19, 2003, 12:30:31 AM9/19/03

"Tim May" <tim...@removethis.got.net> wrote in message

Makes me hope the second guy doesn't own a pistol.

Don Ocean

Sep 18, 2003, 11:38:21 PM9/18/03

"amazure 舶俺" wrote:

> I've noticed that many survivalists cache food, but forget seeds for when their supplies run out.
> I don't expect the end of civilization to occur during my lifetime, but am prepared, just in case.

Better wrap them in lead...Nuclear radiation sterilizes seeds.

amazure 舶俺

Sep 19, 2003, 12:31:39 AM9/19/03

"Don Ocean" <oc...@amerion.com> wrote in message news:3F6A7A2D...@amerion.com...

| "amazure 舶俺" wrote:
| >
| > I've noticed that many survivalists cache food, but forget seeds for when their supplies run out.
| > I don't expect the end of civilization to occur during my lifetime, but am prepared, just in case.
|
| Better wrap them in lead...Nuclear radiation sterilizes seeds.

And People, Good Point !!

| > amazure
| > --
| > : http://www.islandparadiseproject.com/island-e.htm : Internet Explorer Only
| > : http://www.islandparadiseproject.com/island-v.htm : Other Browsers (not Opera(Opera JS

| > : http://www.islandparadiseproject.com/plants.htm :

A.T. Hagan

Sep 19, 2003, 10:43:15 PM9/19/03
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:38:21 -0500, Don Ocean <oc...@amerion.com>
wrote:

>"amazure 舶俺" wrote:
>>
>> I've noticed that many survivalists cache food, but forget seeds for when their supplies run out.
>> I don't expect the end of civilization to occur during my lifetime, but am prepared, just in case.
>
>Better wrap them in lead...Nuclear radiation sterilizes seeds.

You needn't worry about that.

If you encounter radiation severe enough to sterilize your seeds
you're not going to have any further interest in them anyway.

If you're keeping seeds as part of your survival planning you'd better
be gardening *now* otherwise you're setting yourself up for a steep
and bitter learning curve.

.....Alan.

Post no bills

amazure 舶俺

Sep 23, 2003, 7:30:38 PM9/23/03

"A.T. Hagan" <ath...@REMOVETHISatlantic.net> wrote in message news:3f74b14e...@news.atlantic.net...

My belief is that you should *always* be ready, as you never know
what might happen in the future, be it far from today, or next week,
you never know what or when.

I'm not a panic merchant or paranoid and don't expect a major
crisis soon, but if something unforseen happens (as it can) I intend
to save & protect my loved ones, friends & myself.

History shows us that most disasters / problems happen with little
or no warning, and the unprepared are the ones who suffer the most.

I never 'worry' about this sort of stuff.
I just make sure I am ready, Just In Case :-)

Regards,
Amazure.