Creation Hypothetical

J D Leister

Mar 1, 2002, 6:19:07 PM3/1/02

OK, there are two theories of how humanity came to be on
earth, one is evolutionism the other creationism. Let's
say that creationism is correct and a supreme being created
the human race. Recently I was reading the third of the Kane
books (Karl Edward Wagner) and he put forth an interesting
idea that I've turned into a question. Based on the evidence
of history, with humanity's many acts of cruelty and inhumanity,
has anyone ever thought that the being that created us was insane?
And that the insanity in this being was passed on to us? It would
explain humanity's apparent blood lust and love of destruction,
even of innocent things.

OR

Personally I think that if creation did occur that life
here came from somewhere else. Who knows maybe in times
past the Sun was actually hotter and slightly bigger, and
life may have even started on another planet.

My pet theory is that Mars was in fact the Eden from the
book of Genesis and that we were expelled to there to
Earth.

Comments?

John

Fluff

Mar 1, 2002, 9:02:14 PM3/1/02

"J D Leister" <joh...@senet.com.au> wrote in message

I would say that God (the xian one, that is) wasn't very bright, at least,
he's given few signs of much intelligence. Petulant, petty, and stupid plus
few other such terms.... but who said you need brains to wield power. Not
much wonder that his creations are flawed, is it.

Flufff

J D Leister

Mar 1, 2002, 9:27:52 PM3/1/02
Fluff wrote:

What are you saying God didn't think too well when he created
humans?

Makes me wonder though if he knew we'd stuff up so much, knew
we'd fuck up our planet, and all the rest why he bothered to go
through with all of it in the first place....

And before anyone says "because he loved us" one would wonder
how lonely an Omnipotent Being would have to be that he had to
create lesser beings in order to have a relationship with them.....

John

Fluff

Mar 2, 2002, 8:52:54 PM3/2/02

"J D Leister" <joh...@senet.com.au> wrote in message

Consider creating life in a lab, or more realistically (currently), creating
chemical compounds. With the knowledge available you don't need brains to do
this, or even much responsibility (like making bombs in your garage).

It's in the nature of gods that they are thought to be like us, only more
so. This applies to being stupid as well as all loving, etc. Gods would seem
to be a reflection of us, rather than the other way round. Existence of them
is irrelevant, it's what people believe that's important.

As an aside, if you consider the creating tale from the bible, it could only
have been recorded in the language and concepts available. You can imaging a
god trying to explain the big bang theory to a nomadic semi-literate sheep
herder.

"In the beginning there was a big explosion..."
"Er, what's an xploshun?"
"Well, there's a lot of light, etc."

Flufff