Do you think Israel are in the right?

John D Leister

Aug 10, 2001, 5:01:11 AM8/10/01
I was having a talk with some Christian friends
of mine and we got into a heated argument over
the current situation in Israel with them and
the Palestinians.

They are using the ideology that Israel are God's
chosen people and can do no wrong at all.

IMHO I think that both sides, and that is BOTH
sides are in the wrong......

What does everyone else think?

Brown Family

Aug 11, 2001, 5:40:52 AM8/11/01

"NO AUTHENTIC THEOLOGICAL REASON WHY
MOSLEMS SHOULD NOT RECOGNIZE THE STATE OF ISRAEL - AM YISROEL
CHAI!"

by Prof. Abdul Hadi Palazzi

JERUSALEM, July 2, 1998, Root & Branch: From an Islamic point of view,
is there any fundamental reason which prohibits Moslems from
recognizing Israel as a friendly State?

I realize that a negative answer to the above question is taken for
granted by popular opinion. My approach, however, is not based on
popular opinion or the current political situation, but on a
theological analysis of authentic Islamic sources.

Viewing the Jewish return to Israel as a Western invasion and Zionists
as recent colonizers is new. It has no basis in authentic Islamic
faith. According to the Koran, no person, people or religious
community can claim a permanent right of possession over any
territory. The Earth belongs exclusively to G-d, and He is free to
entrust sovereignty over land to whomever He likes for whatever time
period that He chooses.

"Say: 'O God, King of the kingdom (1), Thou givest the kingdom to whom
Thou pleasest, and Thou strippest off the kingdom from whom Thou
pleasest; Thou endowest with honour whom Thou pleasest, and Thou
bringest low whom Thou pleasest: all the best is in Thy hand. Verily,
Thou hast power over all things.'"(2) (Koran 3:26)

From the above Koranic verse we deduce a basic principle of the
Monotheistic philosophy of history: G-d chooses as He likes in the
relationship between peoples and countries. Sometimes He gives a land
to a people, and sometimes He takes His possession back and gives it
to another people. In general, we can say that He gives as a reward
for faithfulness and takes back as a punishment for wickedness, but
this rule does not permit us to say that God's ways are always plain
and clear to our eyes, since His secrets are inaccessible to the human
intellect.

Using Islam as a basis for preventing Arabs from recognizing any
sovereign right of Jews over the Land of Israel is new. Such beliefs
are not found in classical Islamic sources. Concluding that
anti-Zionism is the logical outgrowth of Islamic faith is wrong. This
conclusion represents the false transformation of Islam from a
religion into a secularized ideology.

Such a false transformation of Islam was in fact made by the late
Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin el-Husseini. He is the one person most
responsible, both morally and materially, for the repeated Arab
defeats in their conflict with the Jews in Israel. Husseni not only
incited Arabs against Jews. He also encouraged the torture and murder
of all Arabs who correctly understood that Arab cooperation with Jews
was a precious opportunity for the development of the Land of Israel.
Husseini ended his woeful life by putting his perverted religious
teachings at the service of the evil and pagan Nazis.

After Husseini came Jamal al-Din 'Abd al-Nasser. Nasser based his
policy on Pan-Arabism, hatred and contempt for Jews, and an alliance
with the atheistic Soviet Union. Nasser's terrible choices were
critical factors in maintaining Arab backwardness. Fortunately, most
of Nasser's mistakes were afterward corrected by the martyr Anwar
Sadat. (3)

After the defeat of Nasserianism, Islamic fundamentalist movements
made anti-Zionism the primary feature of their propaganda. They
presented the negation of any Jewish rights to the Land of Israel as
rooted in authentic Islam and derived from authentic Islamic religious
principles.

THE LAND OF ISRAEL IN KORANIC EXEGESIS

The fundamentalist Moslem program to use Islam as an instrument for
political warfare against Jews finds a major obstacle in the Koran
itself.
Both the Bible and the Koran state quite clearly that the right of the
Israelites to the Land of Israel does not depend on conquest and
colonization. This right flows from the will of almighty G-d Himself.
Both the Jewish and Islamic Scriptures teach that G-d, through His
chosen servant Moses, decided to free the offspring of Jacob from
slavery in Egypt and to constitute them as heirs of the Promised Land.
Whoever claims that Jewish sovereignty over the Land of Israel is
something new and rooted in human politics denies divine revelation
and divine prophecy as explicitly expressed in our Holy Books (the
Bible and Koran).

The Koran relates the words by which Moses ordered the Israelites to
conquer the Land:
"And [remember] when Moses said to his people: 'O my people, call in
remembrance the favour of G-d unto you, when he produced prophets
among you, made you kings, and gave to you what He had not given to
any other among the peoples. O my people, enter the Holy Land which
G-d has assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then
will ye be overthrown,
to your own ruin.'" (4) (Koran 5:20-21)

Moreover - and those who try to use Islam as a weapon against Israel
always conveniently ignore this point - the Holy Koran explicitly
refers to the return of the Jews to the Land of Israel before the Last
Judgment - where it says:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell
securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to
pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd.'" (5) (Koran
17:104) Therefore, from an Islamic point of view, there is NO
fundamental reason which prohibits Moslems from recognizing Israel as
a friendly State.

Am Yisroel Chai!

NOTES

1. The original Arabic word we translated as "kingdom" is mulk, from a
Semitic root m-l-k, that is common to both Arabic and Hebrew.
According to Islamic theological terminology, the three synonyms for
"kingdom" are mulk, malakūt and jabarūt. They refer respectively to
the physical, psychical and spiritual levels of existence. Of course,
G-d can be called King of all of them; if here only mulk is quoted, it
depends on the fact that this verse directly concerns the earthly
domain. To denote a kingdom in the secular and political sense, Arabic
commonly uses another derived form, that is mamlakah.

2. Koran 3:26. For typographical reasons, it is not possible to
reproduce here the original Arabic text of the Koran, which must
nevertheless be understood as quoted. As well here as in other Koranic
quotations, the English translation of the meaning of Koranic words
from Arabic is my own, but based on the most authoritative English
commentaries, such as M. Marmaduke Pickthall's "The Meaning of The
Glorious Koran" (Beirut 1973), 'A. Yūsuf 'Ali, "The Holy Koran - Text,
Translation and Commentary" (Maryland 1983) and A. 'A. Maududi "The
Holy Koran - Text, Translation and Brief Notes" (Lahore 1986).

3. In using the term "martyr" I do not simply refer to one who lost
his life for a good cause. I give a precise translation of the Arabic
word "shahid," which identifies a "martyr" in the strictly religious
sense; that is to say, someone who spent his life serving the cause of
G-d. Since making peace with former enemies is an explicit Koranic
order (see Koran 8:61), and since, according to Islam, Peace is G-d
Himself, any believer who is killed because of his search for Peace
must be understood as a religious martyr. The same considerations
clearly apply to Yitzhak Rabin.

4. Koran 5:20-21 (emphasis added).

5. Koran 17:104 (emphasis added).

Prof. Abdul Hadi Palazzi of Rome, Italy, is Moslem Co-Chairman of the
Root & Branch Association's Islam-Israel Fellowship, which encourages
a positive Moslem attitude towards Jews and Israel based on the
authentic teachings of Mohammed as revealed by the Koran and Hadith
(Islamic oral tradition). Dr. Asher Eder of Jerusalem, Israel, is the
Jewish Co-Chairman of the Islam-Israel Fellowship.

Prof. Palazzi is also Secretary General of the Italian Muslim
Association and an Imam (spiritual teacher) of the Italian Islamic
Community. He holds a Ph.D in Islamic Sciences by decreee of the Grand
Mufti of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

ABOUT THE ROOT & BRANCH ASSOCIATION

"I will be as the dew unto Israel; He shall blossom as the lily, and
cast forth his ROOTS as Lebanon. His BRANCHES shall spread, and his
beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his fragrance as Lebanon. They
that dwell under his shadow shall again make corn to grow, and shall
blossom as the vine; the scent thereof shall be as the wine of
Lebanon." (Hosea 14:6-8)

ISRAEL

Contact: Aryeh Yosef Gallin, President
Root & Branch Association
P.O.B. 8672, German Colony, 91086 Jerusalem
Tel: 972-2-673-9013, Fax: 972-2-673-9012
Email: r...@rb.org.il

UNITED STATES

Contact: Lt. Col. Martin Gallin, Esq., A.U.S.A. (ret.)
Chairman of the Board, Root & Branch Association
Attorney-at-Law
860 Grand Concourse, Bronx, N.Y. 10451
Tel: 718-585-3512, Fax: 718-993-3712
Email: r...@rb.org.il

The Root & Branch Association, founded by Torah-observant Jews,
represents Jews and Non-Jews who work together on behalf of the Jewish
People and the State of Israel and who promote the study and practice
of universal Jewish teachings.

The Root & Branch Association, Ltd., (USA), is a U.S. not-for-profit
501(c)(3) tax-exempt corporation. Donations are U.S. tax-deductible.
U.S. Federal Identification No.#13-3113246.

Italian Muslim Association

D.Castles

Aug 13, 2001, 11:35:35 PM8/13/01
I don't know, but your grammar are in the wrong.
Dave

casper

Aug 17, 2001, 7:30:25 AM8/17/01
Err, its not that Jews can do no wrong... they're as sinful as the next guy.
But God is prepared to forgive them, over and over and over and .....

He's very very forgiving.

"John D Leister" <joh...@senet.com.au> wrote in message

woz

Aug 17, 2001, 6:16:49 PM8/17/01
"casper" <cas...@pobox.com> wrote in message news:<kh7f7.862$U04....@ozemail.com.au>...

... and so gentiles seize the skirt of a Jew as the tramping of the
gentiles comes to a screeching highway66 fatality. Any folk still
prepared t'get their kicks on that there rowwwwte?

Brown Family

Aug 18, 2001, 7:02:01 AM8/18/01
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:30:25 +1000, "casper" <cas...@pobox.com> wrote:

>Err, its not that Jews can do no wrong... they're as sinful as the next guy.
>But God is prepared to forgive them, over and over and over and .....
>
>He's very very forgiving.

I think you will find it's more the case of the jews being sinned
against than actually sinning. I don't think we Jews have ever killed
6 million gentiles - or anywhere near that number.

But then, we Jews are also very forgiving.

Les Brown