more "spreadsheet" fun

hymie!

Sep 3, 2020, 1:50:42 PM9/3/20
I think I've complained here before about the number of people who
seem to believe that the primary purpose of a spreadsheet is to provide
razor-sharp columns to a document, and the number of people (such as my
wife) who don't realize that Excel will perform mathematical calculations
for you if you ask nicely.

Today I got a spreadsheet that "breaks" every 100 lines. So lines 1-100
are in columns A-J rows 1-100. Lines 101-200 are in columns L-U rows 1-100.
Lines 201-300 are in columns W-AF rows 1-100, and so on.

Furrfu.

--hymie! http://nasalinux.net/~hymie hy...@nasalinux.net

Wojciech Derechowski

Sep 3, 2020, 10:36:57 PM9/3/20
On Thu, 03 Sep 2020 17:50:39 +0000, hymie! wrote:
> I think I've complained here before about the number of people who
> seem to believe that the primary purpose of a spreadsheet is to provide
> razor-sharp columns to a document, and the number of people (such as my
> wife) who don't realize
[...]
> Furrfu.

A wife's mind is gradually corrupted by long-term use of M$ or, because
COVID, google programs so that soon you are told how your own code should
present itself to the user. I don't have any particular problem with that
because she is the first to test the interface and, like Duce, is always
right. Il Duce ha sempre ragione when he is a she.

WD
--
Who is Entscheidungs and what is his problem?