So this happened...

hymie!

Jul 2, 2018, 9:23:00 AM7/2/18
Security guy, 2018-06-19:

"We need you to arrange some firewall rules so that our machines can connect
to your machines."

Me, 2018-06-20:

"That shouldn't be a problem. I just need the IP address(es) of your
machine(s)."

Security guy, 2018-07-02:

"What is the status of that firewall rule request?"

--hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hy...@lactose.homelinux.net

The Horny Goat

Jul 2, 2018, 4:42:31 PM7/2/18
On Mon, 02 Jul 2018 13:22:58 GMT, hymie! <hy...@lactose.homelinux.net>
wrote:
At least he didn't tell you 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1!

David Cameron Staples

Jul 2, 2018, 8:04:09 PM7/2/18
"Our machines are on a private range with NATting to the outside
network, and it's dynamic DHCP, and Networks keep changing which subnet
they're on, so you'd probably better just open 10.0.0.0/8 to be sure."

David Gersic

Sep 19, 2018, 1:36:32 AM9/19/18
On Mon, 02 Jul 2018 13:22:58 GMT, hymie! <hy...@lactose.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Security guy, 2018-06-19:
>
> "We need you to arrange some firewall rules so that our machines can connect
> to your machines."
>
> Me, 2018-06-20:
>
> "That shouldn't be a problem. I just need the IP address(es) of your
> machine(s)."
>
> Security guy, 2018-07-02:
>
> "What is the status of that firewall rule request?"

"It was done on 2018-06-20."