machine names

hymie!

Mar 12, 2019, 8:15:06 AM3/12/19
So I joined my group long after it was established, so I had no part in
giving these machines their names.

I have three machines named viper , VIPR (it's an acronym), and newVIPR.

I set up an account for a user on VIPR, and then spent two hours
troubleshooting newVIPR trying to figure out why the user couldn't
connect.

--hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hy...@lactose.homelinux.net

Wojciech Derechowski

Mar 12, 2019, 10:40:13 PM3/12/19
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:15:04 +0000, hymie! wrote:
[...]
> I have three machines named viper , VIPR (it's an acronym), and newVIPR.

Greetings, Professor Falken.

WD
--
Who is Entscheidungs and what is his problem?

Grant Taylor

Mar 12, 2019, 11:27:54 PM3/12/19
~chuckle~

On 3/12/19 8:39 PM, Wojciech Derechowski wrote:
> Greetings, Professor Falken.

Hello Joshua.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Richard Heathfield

Apr 30, 2019, 11:04:23 AM4/30/19
On 13/03/2019 03:28, Grant Taylor wrote:
> ~chuckle~
>
> On 3/12/19 8:39 PM, Wojciech Derechowski wrote:
>> Greetings, Professor Falken.
>
> Hello Joshua.

Long time no see, Joshua. Before we play our next game, could you just
remind me how the little horses move?

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk