Re: It still bites

Niklas Karlsson

Mar 7, 2021, 7:06:17 AM3/7/21
On 2021-03-07, Satya <sat...@satyaonline.cjb.net> wrote:
> Today I got inside a computer for the first time in years (aside from the
> annual shots of canned air) and of course it bit me. All is as it should be.
>
> ObASR: Shpxing IDE cables.

VQR? In 2021? Are you running a computer museum?

Niklas
--
If infinite rednecks fired infinite shotguns at an infinite number of road
signs, they'd eventually create all the great literary works of the world in

Juancho

Mar 7, 2021, 11:08:18 AM3/7/21
On 2021-03-07, Niklas Karlsson <nikke.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

> VQR? In 2021? Are you running a computer museum?

If it works, it works. I also have a running VQR-system, although
instead a annual shot of canned air I do a yearly pass of a vacuum
cleaner through its vent ducts. It just refuses to die, and I keep using
it (with period proper software versions, which makes it bloat free by
design).

--
EOT

Julian Macassey

Mar 7, 2021, 8:04:31 PM3/7/21
On 7 Mar 2021 12:06:14 GMT, Niklas Karlsson <nikke.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2021-03-07, Satya <sat...@satyaonline.cjb.net> wrote:
>> Today I got inside a computer for the first time in years (aside from the
>> annual shots of canned air) and of course it bit me. All is as it should be.
>>
>> ObASR: Shpxing IDE cables.
>
> VQR? In 2021? Are you running a computer museum?

I just retired a server that had been running non stop
for 17 years with nothing replaced. I did vaccuum the dust out of
it every few years though.
--
I think sometimes my party gets all caught up in the second
amendment, which is fine, but we don't protect the fourth