Re: Sun Ultra 60 or not?

Kralizec Craig

Jul 4, 2008, 3:55:16 AM7/4/08
Barry OGrady <god_fre...@yahoo.com> writes:

>On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 06:53:42 -0700 (PDT), hac...@yahoo.com wrote:

>>Blade 2000's with the dual 900's and up start around $500.

>>Sun Blade 2000 2x900Mhz 4GB 73GB XVR1000 DVD Kybd/Mouse US $495.00,

>I bought a Compaq DL760 for $200 Australian. It had 8 x 900 Mhz
>and 8 gigs RAM plus 4 x 36.4 gigs 15,000 SCSI hard drives.
>PCI cards installed were 2 x fibre channel, gigabit ethernet, RAID
>controller, and ILO.

There is no realistic way to compare that sort of system to a Sparc machine
though - doesn't matter what anyone says, unless there are ways to use
CPU-independent benchmarks to compare performance of various platforms and
configurations, comparisons are worth nothing. Which is a pity in a way
since it would be good to show up the Wintendo crowd more often. 8-)

Craig.

--
SUN RIPENED KERNELS - Surplus Sun Microsystems Equipment, Parts + Accessories
Location: Sydney, Australia - Web: http://www.sunrk.com.au - Get back on track